[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I just realized something. I am one of those people that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: FBATT.png (43 KB, 526x318) Image search: [Google]
FBATT.png
43 KB, 526x318
Guys, I just realized something.

I am one of those people that constantly try to get compliments, to impress and to make others think I'm good at something. I have this inmature, undesirable, very primitive need for attention. I'm not sure where it's coming from, but it's been creeping on me for some time now. I will break up with girls because they don't meet my quota, I will constantly try to get validation out of people

And the worst thing: Since I think I was secretly conscious about what I was doing, I was doing it in the most subtle, bitch-ass effective ways. Always camouflaged, always subtly asking for attention.
>>
I would very much appreciate any input on how to detect where it's coming from and grow out of this inmature, undesirable trait and become a proper, confident, complete person.
>>
>>17132489
Does it directly affect your professional life?
>>
>>17132498

It very well could affect it. In very subtle, yet real ways, this need for attention could shine through my persona, and make me fundamentally unlikeable. Which is an undesirable route to take when you're trying to fit in, become your coworker's mate, and just retain your position, you know, just do good in it.
>>
>>17132502
I'm never inclined to make friends with people like you. It might be something you want to fix.
Next time have a question when asking for advice
>>
>>17132545

Question was included with the original post. How do I grow out of this inmature need for attention and do you have any input on how to detect where it's coming from?
>>
File: 1423991666317.jpg (44 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
1423991666317.jpg
44 KB, 488x410
>>17132562
Take some time to really assess what you value in life. If you aren't happy with being manipulatively attention seeking, what would make you happy? What do you want to be and how can you get there?

Sounds like you could do with some introspection, which is a rare conclusion for /adv/, the nation of overly self-involved people
>>
>>17132598

Thank you very much for the input. If there was something I wanted to do all along, was to be aware of my flaws.

Hopefully now I can fix them. The next step would be to find out a good way to do introspection.

Fuck. Even after writing that, I felt like I was fishing for a "congratulations!". I don't know how to stop it and I fucking hate it.
>>
>>17132489
Maybe your paradigm is that you are not good enough to be loved so you are trying to proof everyone that you are by letting them know how big your dick is.
Are avoiding conflict or are you afraid of confrontation?
>>
>>17132598
Did anyone else read this in Fred's voice?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.