[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I CANT SLEEP FOR SHIT I get mostly 5 hours a night and its driving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1439272469985.png (182 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439272469985.png
182 KB, 1920x1200
I CANT SLEEP FOR SHIT

I get mostly 5 hours a night and its driving me crazy, i'm almost always in a foul mood.
I wake up three or four times a night, can only go back to sleep with great effort, am completely unable to take naps; did so only a handful of times in my life.

I rarely drink or do drugs (weed once a week), i go to bed at around 11, get out at about 9 still really tired because of the aforementioned.

Wat do? ;_;
>>
Oh yeah forgot to add, i've started taking melatonin recently and it's helped me fall asleep, but not stay asleep.

I'm also on antipsychotics but they shouldnt interfere with my sleeping.
>>
>>17132360
Take allergy medication with diphenhydramine hydrochloride in it. You can find it cheap at CVS (I paid 23 dollars for 365 tablets). I take two of these every night before I go to sleep, and I haven't had trouble sleeping ever since.
>>
>>17132373

Sounds like you're dependent on the drugs to sleep.
>>
>>17132360
For now, you can take antihistamine sleeping pills like >>17132373 suggested, but they're only a temporary solution (and they tend to reduce quality of sleep).

How long has this been going on though?
Are you under a lot of stress at work/school/etc?
Any big disturbances in your life?
>>
>>17132378
Sounds like you don't know shit, because I take them like 4 times a month.

>>17132384
This is certainly a temporary solution, because if OP isn't dependent on drugs, then I do not suggesting that he starts. Melatonin is the healthiest solution to his problem simply because it is a hormone that is naturally produced by the body in order to aid sleep, but if taking it isn't enough for OP, then he needs something stronger until he is able to find a longer lasting solution.
>>
OP here, went and tried to take a nap.

>>17132384
I've always had trouble sleeping, it's just been getting worse the past week or two.

I'm not under stress, i dropped out of college due to mental issues which are starting to clear up recently. I'm not going back this semester either, no nervosity there.

All i could think of is money issues, which aren't that big. I live with my parents, work a few days a week on times i get to decide myself completely. I'm broke right now but i've got a few hundred coming my way very soon.

I guess i could try better sleeping pills if the melatonin just doesnt work for me, but im not giving up on it yet.
>>
>>17132493
>I take two of these every night before I go to sleep

Yeah, sure buddy. In denial I see. Seek help you waste of space.
>>
>>17132647
Fuck off, faggot, my guess is that by far most people would rather be dependant on drugs than sleep terribly.
>>
>>17132652

It's only going to get worse for you :).
>>
>>17132685
Pray tell, how?
>>
>>17132688

Fuck off, got no time for a pill popping junkie. You're SCUM.
>>
File: cool story bro.jpg (84 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
cool story bro.jpg
84 KB, 500x499
>>17132708
Kill yourself, thanks for the bumps i guess.
>>
have a 7-day a week consistent sleep schedule. exercise 1 hour a day, hardcore cardio or weightlifting. don't have any lights on in your room, or blue lights before bedtime. add naps if you want to sleep less than 8 hours. you will fall asleep in 2 minutes and sleep like a baby
>>
>>17132730
I've fixed my sleep schedule besides going out in the weekend sometimes, do a bodyweight routine occasionally. More excercise is probably a good idea.
>>
>>17132647
>Implying I proofread what I wrote back there
>Implying that you know anything about me, my schedule, or my habits
>Implying you have anything better to do with your life and are qualified to tell anybody else that they are a waste of space
>Implying that you aren't an absolute retard

>replying to bait
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.