[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I do with my life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 98164466848335250_C4DOB4O4_c.jpg (74 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
98164466848335250_C4DOB4O4_c.jpg
74 KB, 500x505
I know it's pathetic to ask this on an anonymous image board from people who doesn't even know me. But I really need someone's opinion cause I've been unhappy for a long time and I'm constantly torn apart between doing what's right and doing something to chase happiness.

I'm 21 years old and this is my first year in college. I'm studying on a wrong field, kinda. I'm studying business administration, but I actually should have studied marketing. I just didn't realize that until during my first year in college.

I'm too much of a pussy to apply for another university, cause I already got student debt and if I started all over again, I'd lose that 15k I've invested in my current uni and I'd lost one year of studying too.

So I guess what's smart is to push through this degree. But I really hate studying. I got too much spare time which I spent doing nothing. I'm not happy, I can't live in a moment and I always feel like like I'm trying to wait for my life to begin. I never feel like I'm home, happy with myself, doing what I love. I've been moving around a bit and I feel like that things and people come and go.

I don't know what to do, with my life or with anything. I know I should get a degree and focus my energy fully on that, but because I'm not happy or even mildly satisfied, everyday is a bit of a struggle. I've read all the self-help books and articles, but something is just missing. I got no passion for my studies or my life.
>>
sounds like depression OP. also maybe you hate your major.
>>
>>17132445
How to break out of this?
>>
>>17132480

There is no quick, easy way to break from depression.

The first thing you need to do is know your enemy. Specifically one aspect of it in particular: when you are depressed, your brain chemistry is inhibiting all positive thought. The trick is to try to monitor your negative thoughts. Every time you think something shitty and negative, fact check yourself. Ask if it's really a well-founded belief or if it could be the depression. Once you make that a habit, you'll start to be able to unconsciously beat depressing thoughts.

Aside from that, focus on making your body healthy. Eat right, exercise, and get enough sleep. Healthy body leads to healthy mind.
>>
bumb
>>
up
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.