[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Workplace bullying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1938833.jpg (45 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1938833.jpg
45 KB, 800x450
A group of co-workers who don't like me and are compromised of stacies and chads call me a retard or handicapped.

For instance I might be working in their vicinity while assigned to work as part of a team and one of them will cough and say "handicapped". This happens and has happened with enough frequency that there can be no doubt as to their intention. They know me to be a passive individual who retreats from confrontation and so they take advantage of that.

Despite this I've also been asked for math help by a younger manager for a course they were taking, and people who are outside of certain cliques treat me normally for the most part. Especially nerds.

I have Aspergers if that helps.

I've worked with this same group of people in the past and as time went on they became increasingly hostile.

At this point I might have an individual at work with whom I had some kind of rapport (or where they at least treated me somewhat normally) only to have them interact with this group of people and have their demeanor towards me turn ice cold where they'll treat me like I'm radioactive or in some way that indicates discomfort or dislike.

I have other anecdotes which would convey just how much these people dislike me, and it is a lot, and very distressing. I've also been bullied by managers, and the younger manager who asked for my math help informed me that the woman doing the payroll was intentionally and openly cheating me on the payroll because she knew me to be a passive person who wouldn't put up a big enough fight to have the matter resolved (I was aware of this issue for awhile now and I am in the process of having it fixed now).

How do I deal with this before it gets out of control?
>>
>>17132215
you go way above these peoples heads and talk to middle management or district/corporate hr. just say its a hostile work environment, and bring up the payroll stuff. this is all pretty unprofessional
>>
File: 1461925978268.png (78 KB, 330x328) Image search: [Google]
1461925978268.png
78 KB, 330x328
>>17132215
Beat the shit out of whoever calls you handicapped. Even if you have no advantage stand up for yourself, seems like those co-workers of yours are stuck in their teenage years
>>
You pray to goddamn aspie jesus that there is a manager high up enough that he has lost all interest in bullying plebians like you and report to him in detail.
If you are in a union or can get into one you can find out if they have a way of helping you. I know my union does, especially so of course if some of your higher ups are involved.
Also, start searching for a new job now. I think you are way beyond the point of no return and the only way to show them, if I am correct, is to transition to a job that is superior to your current one.
>>
>>17132222
Yeah, b/c lowering yourself to their level always implies class.
>>
>>17132219
This, OP.
Shit's horribly unprofessional.
It's sad but some people never grow up from high school.
Good luck.
>>
>>17132215

Get a new job
>>
>>17132215
Get a new job?
>>
>>17132215
Record it in secret. Get some expensive, high quality camera glasses. You have an opportunity to make ALOT of money. Make sure you live in a state where you can record without someone's consent or they might not allow it as evidence in court.
>>
>>17132215
You must've known that this was going to happen?
I mean, you must have prior experience from school, right?
>>
Record it and then take the case to a lawyer (make sure the lawyer is actually nice)

or

Take the case up with somebody else higher up in the business, chances are whatever action you take will result in a sour taste in peoples mouth than before and you'll be looking for another job, so really at this point wait it out an try to get as much justice as you can out of it.

I really do recommend recording instances of the abuse, like hold your phone while its recording or something.
>>
>>17132249
Not him but fuck you
>>
>>17132215
Report as a hostile work environment. Not professional and just rude.

If they refuse to fix it, threaten lawsuit.
Start looking for a new job.
>>
>>17132249
I had some of that in high school but it was for a narrow period of time and it wasn't quite so malicious or at least it didn't feel so intensely personal.

That a number of staff members are involved is quite concerning.

Our previous manager would have been called preppy or nerdy in high school and I've seen her reduced to tears by the way some coworkers have talked about her or treated her. She quit very recently.

During one of those mandatory anti bullying meetings she talked about herself here and she was holding back tears while talking.
>>
>>17132249
And I am neither OP or this anon >>17132255

And I would also like to add "fuck you". I was a retail assistant manager in college. One of the store's employees was a kid with Aspergers and anxiety. When he started, the entire staff got along just as well with him as they already did with each other, and even started doing stuff outside of work together with him. Because my staff was not comprised of assholes.
>>
>>17132269
>>17132255
>hostile

I'm not saying it's a good thing, just that you must've had experience before and learned to adapt through various means.
>>
>>17132265
>Nerdy

I guess being intelligent is still a bad thing in America.
>>
>>17132249
>>17132280
Not OP, but what does that even mean? Also, passivity can be a coping mechanism, and it really doesn't work when they try to fuck with your payroll.

>>17132265
It looks like your workplace has some serious bullshit going on, and you should totally file a complaint and bring all that shit up before even considering to look for a new job
>>
File: Time+to+remove+normie.jpg (17 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
Time+to+remove+normie.jpg
17 KB, 267x200
>>17132215
>How do I deal with this before it gets out of control?
You already know what to do OP.
>>
>>17132287
Just another day in USA.
>>
>>17132215
>while assigned to work as part of a team and one of them will cough and say "handicapped".

How old are these people OP? Pathetic
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.