[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still have acne all over my body, but especially on my forehead.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160510_211610.jpg (363 KB, 1791x1296) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160510_211610.jpg
363 KB, 1791x1296
I still have acne all over my body, but especially on my forehead. No medicine I've tried has been very successful. How do I get rid of it?
>>
File: IMG_20160510_211653.jpg (56 KB, 823x610) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160510_211653.jpg
56 KB, 823x610
>>17131069
And here in darker lighting.
>>
>>17131069
>>17131071

name the medicines you've tried. prescription stuff only please.
>>
>>17131076
No prescription, only maximum strength over the counter stuff.
>>
>>17131082

thats not medicine.

Acne isnt as simple as parents made it out to be. if its only in one location its usually caused by a specific problem (for example (thisi s wrong but for example) acne on the nose would be a dairy issue). I had acne on my chin only, and thats a hormonal issue. however i cannot fix that as a dude (whereas women could just take birth control etc).

there are two approaches that worked well for me. the first is how i went from pic related to second pic related.

>tretinoin in the morning
>salicylic acne wash in the shower
>moisturizer after / as needed
>erythromicin at night

tretinoin is prescription but you can order online as well. you rub it on to your skin and it peels it fast, causing your acne to fall right off. thats.

salicylic acne wash is basic acne wash you can get at most any store. i get mine at rite aid.

moisturizer stops your face from drying itself out, which prevents your skin from getting damaged and/or over producing oils which makes more acne.

erythromicin topical gel is an antio biotic used to treat acne, however instead of applying it your stomach, you apply it to your face before bed. it attacks the bacteria right on your face, killing acne before it starts.

I used all 4 together and it wokred pretty well, but it was annoying. way too much of my day was dedicated to treating my acne, not eating foods, trying to find ways to scratch an itch without touching myface. if i was making out with a girl and she happened to rub her fingers across my face, you can bet your savings that id have acne on the part of my chin she touched.

i got so frustrated i went ahead and started taking accutane. i was nervous but within the first month i had no acne. i had to quit one week into the third month (of 5 months) but my acne still hasnt returned and for that im grateful. i can sleep face down, scratch my chin, eat whatever i want. its awesome.

TL;DR dermatologist
>>
I was just reading a book today about the effects of diet and acne. Guy was a dermatologist and had his patients try a diet and it worked for almost all of them. Backed up his findings with science and statistics.
Basically saturated fats are harder for the body to break down into the unsaturated facial sebum.
More saturated fatty sebum is easier to clog up the poor.
Cut out saturated fats.
>>
>>17131087
Shit, I don't have the money for a dermatologist.
>>
File: b&a.jpg (211 KB, 1600x447) Image search: [Google]
b&a.jpg
211 KB, 1600x447
>>17131103

>i dont have health insurance

get some? you can get tretinoin online and even accutane online but with the latter its good to have blood work done to make sure you arent accidentally killing yourself.

forgot the before and after pic
>>
how old are you my brother used to have acne pretty bad all over his body. He eventually grew out of it. But not before he tried acutane and had some problems with it, I forget what but apparently the stuff can be kind of bad.
>>
>>17131119
I'll be 19 in 2 months.
>>
>>17131123
I think he might have been in his early 20s when it subsided but he was off at college so Im not really sure when.
>>
>>17131109
Dermatologists are reluctant to give it out to guys, and girls have a de facto ban on getting it.

If you have bad acne and are willing to go for a grey market solution get the nuclear option; accutane. Read up on dosage for your weight. Watch the fats, drink water, and use sunscreen. Don't get pregnant and don't kill yourself.
>>
>>17131151
How does Accutane work? It sounds pretty risky.
>>
>>17131151

my dermatologist had no issues giving it to me. women dont have a ban on it in any sense, in fact all my packaging came with warnings specific to women, namely not to get pregnant like you mentioned.

>>17131153

its not as risky as it sounds. its literally just a high dose of vitamin A. this high dose slowly (over the course of 5 months) begins to shrink the glands that produce oil that create the acne. you cant drink while on it and obviously cant get pregnant. if you have suicidal thoughts you should stop.

your acne doesnt look that bad so if you follow my initial advice mentioned here:
>>17131087

it will likely take care of your problem without having to use accutane, and as you get older you will stop needing them as you will not be producing acne.
>>
>>17131103
where do you live?
>>
>>17131164
Connecticut. I'm on my parent's health insurance, but I'm not sure if it covers something like this, and I don't really want to ask them if I can go to a doctor for something like acne.
>>
>>17131153
accutaine is the only thing that works.
>>
>>17131170

do it anyways. find out anyways. you either care or you dont. if asking your parents if you can go to the doctors is upsetting to you, you have bigger issues than the acne itself
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.