[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No food in the house, anything I can do to make a quick $?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mlrzn0gDg71qfep67o1_540.jpg (78 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlrzn0gDg71qfep67o1_540.jpg
78 KB, 540x360
Everyone I live with is incapable of work, and I myself had to use all of my last check for rent.

I've been doing some of those survey site things, but it takes a really long time to rack up enough points to cash out.

Is there a faster alternative?
>>
Get some food stamps you cretin
>>
>>17131006
We have food stamps friend, we're waiting for them to get re-certified.
>>
>>17131001
Make those people who are truly incapable of work look around and check if they're not eligible for some help by the government. Even if not a full grant, maybe at least easing the strain of you having to support them.
>>
>>17131001

triple your earning potential by making THOSE people do the online surveys
>>
>>17131020
The food stamps was covering that, now I tried to get my aunt to apply for Meals on Wheels recently and we have to wait for that also.
>>17131022
We're working on that too, but you've gotta rack up a certain amount of points to cash out either way.

I went to the local pantry and they didn't have anything left, I'll try tomorrow.
>>
Why don't you get the other people in the house to take surveys, too
>>
>>17131001
why are they incapable of work? maybe you should consider kicking out/moving away from the dead weight
>>
>>17131295
They are the following: 62, 57 & 21

All disabled (the 21 year old is mentally disabled)

I don't really have many moving options at this point, I finally got enrolled in school again and all that stuff.
>>
>>17131299
are they missing the use of limbs? paralyzed? in work with a few disabled people. they give retards jobs at walmart. do they at least collect disability?
>>
>>17131313
This. Wally world greeters can be ancient, retarded and crippled. Had some poor bastard with MS and downs worked at one I used to deliver to.
>>
>>17131313
57-er is paralyzed, 62 y.o. is bed bound, can't move around a lot or else we have to call an ambulance, and the 19 y.o. is in a work program now but everything's been going to bills before food. All 3 get disability.

This is a rare jam because our food stamps haven't gotten re-certified yet, and we don't know if the emergency food stamps to hold us over has gone through.
>>
Short term: they should probably have some emergency food boxes for just that purpose at the place you get your food stamps for just that reason. DHS maybe. Pawn something until you get payed. Borrow. Find something to do on fiver? Long term: if they're all disabled, see about getting them on disability benefits. Apply for financial aid at your school each semester and make sure they know you have three dependants. That should get you a little bit more help. Sure you can come up with a few more ideas.
>>
>>17131338
Nothing to pawn here.

I've tried asking a few people to spare a $20 but it hasn't worked out for me.
>>
>>17131408
Do you live in a city or a rural area?
>>
>>17131420
Brooklyn, NY.
>>
>>17131425
Panhandle. That'll bring in a fair amount of money. Go to touristy areas early, stake out a spot and watch the cash appear.

You don't sound like a hipster. Someone has to keep NYC grimy. Good luck.
>>
>>17131435
I'll try this tomorrow. Thank you.
>>
Set the house on fire and walk away. Live free.
>>
Maybe it's time to disconnect the internet, cancel your cell phone plan, and stop cable service
>>
>>17131572
Don't have a cell phone, gave that up years ago.
>>
>>17131572
You can get a pay-as-you-go plan for as low as $10 for 3 months. It's a good plan if you only use your cellphone occasionally.
>>
>>17131769
You can get a free cell phone from the government via Assurance Wireless. I used it to get myself a job.
>>
>>17131001
Churches usually give food away, or go to the food bank, donate back when you get back on your feet
>>
go to starbucks around closing time and ask if they'll set aside the "markouts" for you. most starbucks just throw away 10+ breakfast sandwiches and 20-30 pastries every single night.

they can't legally hand them over to you, but most will put them aside on the counter or outside somewhere you can grab them. switch starbucks so you don't become a pest.

if you live in brooklyn this should be easy.
>>
>>17131001
This may be a really weird idea, but I heard somewhere that there is such a thing called a "job" where people give you money for doing things.

See what you can find out about this.
>>
>>17132050
Asshole, I already have a job cleaning. The rest of my time is for class.
>>
Donate plasma as a household.

Easily get 50+ a head per week.
>>
>>17131001
Steal Rob KIll and push krack on your naborhood
>>
>>17133179
DROP THE FUCK OUT OF SCHOOL AND GET A REAL JOB YOU BROKE PIECE OF SHIT
>>
OP if you're just looking for food for one or two days, nothing wrong with begging. Go to local bakerys as they close. They 99% of the time throw out the bread. I know Dunk Donuts is legally obligated to throw out same day donuts. Or my local supermarket wont let employees take home the bread at night. Its store policy to trash it. Nothing wrong with begging, especially in dire situations. Like I said, this is a 1 or 2 day fix.
>>
>>17131425
Yo wat neighborhood you in. I'm in east new york and I know for a fact we don't have Starbucks over here. Just get a .25 and walk around with your tounge out scareing people into giving you a 20 to leave them alone. Or grab somebody by the arm and tell them u will bite them and u have aids if they don't give u a 20
>>
>>17133831
Brooklyn has alot of job opportunites, lrn some entry level trade, go apply to work in a auto glass shop, also take every city job test u can it's 40 bucks a test and eventually they will call u back if you can hold out and get full benefits , they are hiring cops. Nydcas.gov
>>
>>17133831
haha that is a terrible idea. if a dude tried to bite me and said he had aids i would probably shoot him.
>>
Go donate blood, plasma and semen. It pays very well.

Put on your I genuinely need help costume wich you do and go panhandle in rich areas.
The rich ones always, always need to get rid of their change. Make a sign that explains your situation briefly but honest.
Apply for benefits etc. Through school youll get much help and the public offices. Know your rights and apply.
Last case dont do anything illegal, call 911 and say your disabled dependants are about to starve to death.
>>
>>17133852
You picking the wrong targets than. Join a gang or something. Drive a taxi ot a gypsy cab sometimes you can get by without tlc licence in some of those places. They will let you work while you "work on" getting the tlc
>>
>>17133882
Also if you have a car go around collecting trash and scrap metal from nice neighborhoods like sheepshead bay and gravesend, bensonhurst bayridge
>>
>>17133895
Steal some bikes and pawn them or some manhole covers and make sure u crack it in half for scrap
>>
Is dumpster diving legal in your location OP?
>>
>>17133831
>>17133839
>>17133882
>>17133895
>>17133902
I do not condone these activities
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.