[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so I need advice from a femanon or hell even a medically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Okay so I need advice from a femanon or hell even a medically knowledgeable dude.

Right, so I started the pill this month, I've been on it a little over a week. Started it the first day of my period as instructed. Period ended last Thursday and ever since I have been spotting which I was warned about so that's whatever.

The problem is, I've also been ridiculously itchy and stingy down there since the day my period ended. This is external, not internal. Occasional burning when I pee, thin white discharge that I guess has a scent but it's nothing to write home about. Does anyone know if this could be bv or a yeast infection? Or is it just irritation from all the new hormones from starting the pill? Any suggestions what I can use to soothe things?

I know this is gross but whatever its an anonymous image board.

Hlep.
>>
>>17130139
Why do so many people do this? /adv/ is not a doctor. Your trusted physician will give better medical advice than anyone on here can.
>>
>>17130153
Because I avoid medical professionals unless it's literally life-threatening. Sue me.
>>
>>17130167
Then have fun being in the dark about a possible infection
>>
>>17130139
Sounds like a particularly ugly uti.

Time to see the gyno.
>>
>>17130181
H'okay enjoy answering threads with bullshit no one asked for
>>
>>17130183
UTI's are internal, this is very much external.
>>
>>17130184
The only good advice you will get in this thread is "see a doctor you fucking idiot."
>>
>>17130197
Cool.
>>
>>17130139
As a femanon who also avoids doctors and hospitals, I hate to say this OP, but this sounds like an infection. I went nuts when I first got on the pill. Same breakthrough bleeding. Raging headaches. Boob swelling. But never a problem with painful urination or discharge.

Sounds like a UTI or yeast infection- perhaps both. Could've been brought on by your hormonal changes due to the pill, but either way, let your doctor know. There are many types and dosages of the pill. You should find one that works best for you (and get relief from your adverse symptoms soonest)
>>
>>17130139
Femanon on bc here :) A slightly off scent, itching, and white discharge - It sounds like you've got bv, anon. It's common, and can be caused by taking the pill - it does cause hormonal changes, which messes with the natural bacteria down there.

Make an appt with your obgyn to make sure it's bv and not a yeast infection - in which case you may need a prescription med and to not have sex for up to 3 weeks. In the meantime, probiotics are your friend. Eat plain yogurt (plain chobani on fruits is good), and buy a probiotic supplement from your local health store :)
>>
File: 11117-14823-15069.png (439 KB, 922x732) Image search: [Google]
11117-14823-15069.png
439 KB, 922x732
>>17130184
You came to /adv/ for advice and I gave it to you. Nobody on /adv/ is going to be able to cure you, even if they're a medical professional they'll still probably have to do a physical and prescribe some medicine.
>>
>>17130201
Cool, thanks love
>>
>>17130204
Unreal advice thanks anon. If it is BV, does that go away on its own? I know a yeast infection won't but I don't know a lot about BV.
>>
Hormonal changes will typically not result in the symptoms your describing, while an infection of some kind will usually display those same symptoms. Because of this, it's very unlikely it's caused by a simple hormonal shift.
Go to a doctor before it gets serious.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.