[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was going to post this in /sci/ but they said that I should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Confused.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Confused.gif
36 KB, 720x720
I was going to post this in /sci/ but they said that I should post it here

I failed my PhD.
I'm in my 5th year and my adviser just told me that I probably don't have enough results to publish, let alone graduate so I better start looking for other options.

I'm fucking devastated, what to do?
>>
>>17129518
In my uni there was a thing called an "academic leave" where you could basically take a year off from studies to get your shit together. Perhaps there are similar options in your university, try asking around.
>>
>>17129602
That probably won't apply to me because my scholarship ends this year.

The thing I feel bad mostly is that I'm now in a limbo of being a nobody, too qualified for some jobs but not quite for PhD jobs.

Might as well just get a job at McDonalds
>>
Wtf that is suppose to me my destiny
>>
>>17129629
But you do have a Masters degree, right? That should be more than enough to get a job. What exactly are you studying?
>>
>>17129673
Chemistry, and yes I have a masters, I just feel that way because all the doctors and post-docs here say that masters is just limbo.
>>
Move to SA
>>
>>17129690
South Asia?
South Africa?
San Antonio?
>>
>>17129518
What was your thesis on?
>>
>>17129699
Catalysis with Au, but a lot of what I was trying was already tried multiple times before and what has not been tried doesn't work apparently
>>
>>17129695
San Andreas?
>>
>>17129717
Isn't that in essence using gold as a more efficient transmitter of energy?

Perhaps do it on another topic or metal.
>>
>>17129675
What were you planning to do after getting PhD? Also, are there any job opportunities with masters degree in Chemistry?
>>
San Andreas baby
>>
Astrophysics project in South africa
>>
>>17129673
No one was born to be a Master
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.