[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good substitutes for human affection? I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 1200x1200
Are there any good substitutes for human affection? I can't tolerate sleeping with strangers and the effect of alcohol is weaker every single time.

No matter what I do, I keep desperately wanting a relationship. Being ugly and unlovable is truly and genuinely painful and the wait line to a psychiatrist is long.

All I need is a few more months of remaining functional, and the engine is coughing.
>>
You already know alcohol is not the solution. Don't lie to yourself like a little kid.
>>
>>17129280
With all due respect, I already stated in the OP that I know alcohol is not the solution. The fact that it's the only crutch I have that works at all is a testament to my desperation, not the claim that it is good.
>>
I'd say max out masturbating (edging a long time etc) for the physical lust and spoon a dog for the cuddling part. It's better still if you have a friend you can non-sexually cuddle with but as a guy that's hard to come by I guess.

Having said that, if you can manage to get strangers for one night stands it seems unlikely to me that you couldn't possibly get a relationship, unless your standards are out of control... what makes you think you're so bad?
>>
>>17129311
I'm female, I don't masturbate, I hate sex.

Men will fuck anything once, and one-to-one ratio of sex to cuddling is a price too much to pay.
>>
>>17129325
Okay, but did you mean physical affection or just romance and someone being in love with you?

Because if it's just the cuddling, your easiest route is to go for a female friend. If you don't already have cuddly girlfriends I would look into dating sites or forums for asexuals. I am sure you are not the only person who wants this kind of affection without actual sex.
>>
>>17129336
Both but I'll settle for either.

I've tried that and it's really not the same. And almost all my friends are bisexual so that would only come withthe same threat of sex, with nothing tempting enough for bait to go with it.
>>
>>17129259
Look at relationships like a drug. If you abstain from them there will be withdrawal and You must fill that hole with something or you will just seek out another addiction. If you quit human relationships then you have to make yourself happy and enjoy spending time with yourself. Regular exercise is important for your internal chemistry. Cold water in the shower changes my chemistry and feels very good after I get out. Learning is one of the only things I found that feels good and does not lead to an emotional crash after like many habits do weather that is something you put in your body or just an action/relationship.
>>
>>17129353
Hmmm. Then I still go with the asexuals dating site.
>>
>>17129355
I've never had a happy relationship. You can't have withdrawal for something you haven't had. I'm an introvert, I'm totally fine with being alone a lot and I have a bunch of friends I can hang out with when I get bored of that. I do a physical job and I take care of myself. I have my life together.

But no matter what, knowing you can't have someone's arms around you and feel him kiss your neck because you're too repulsive to be touched is still a bad feel.
>>
>>17129353
Asexual boyfriend

Everything except sex which you dont want
>>
>>17129374
If I can't find a guy who's worth the sacrifice, how am I supposed to find someone who doesn't need it?

If I head out looking for a car I can afford, I can't just decide to find someone who'll give one out for free.
>>
>>17129399
You said you dont want sex
Meaning get a bf that doesnt want sex

No sacrifice whatsoever
>>
>>17129259
>Being ugly and unlovable is truly and genuinely painful
I cannot judge whether or not you are ugly. I just don't have the information.

But to say you're unlovable? That is unlikely. Unlovable people do exist in this world -we've got a whole board full of them over at /r9k/, if you're interested in examining some specimens- but I think you're underestimating just how low a person has to sink before reaching that point. I'm not going to lie to you: I see some faint parallels. Enough that you may be approaching the very early stages of falling into that trap. But quite apart from the fact that it's never too late to turn off of that dark path, you've only just barely stepped onto it. There is hope for you yet.

Going back to your looks, what makes you think you're too repulsive to be touched? If you aren't comfortable posting a pic, that's fine: a description will do.
>>
>>17129259
>Are there any good substitutes for human affection?
No.
>No matter what I do, I keep desperately wanting a relationship. Being ugly and unlovable is truly and genuinely painful
Join the club.
>the wait line to a psychiatrist is long.
That's fine, they may not even be able to help.

>>17129325 >>17129366
I take that club invitation back. Go to a shrink and fix your issues.
You're not unlovable or repulsive, you push people away because you're afraid of letting them get too close, exposing yourself, being naked and vulnerable, losing control.
You want to receive love 100% on your own terms, without giving any in return.
You're looking for your avoidant fantasy of a relationship, where you have a living blow-up doll or body pillow to cuddle when you feel lonely, then toss back in the closet like a used cumrag.
Sorry if this is harsh, but it's the truth. Many people have these issues. Avoidants, schizoids, narcissists, the list goes on and on.
You will always be lonely until you can accept another human into your life.
>>
>>17129259
smoke weed
>>
I used Alcohol in this sort of sense and you're heading down a dark road.

Not like anyone telling me that would have stopped me.
>>
We accept the love we think we're worthy of. You are not unlovable. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and get in line to the head shrink.

No. There is no substitute for human companionship. DNA hard wires you to be a social animal, no matter how introverted you are. You can certainly live without it, but you'll be unhappy. Dogs can be awesome bandage solutions, but they'll never fill the need for human companionship.
>>
Why is everyone so obsessed with being in a relationship? Its really not as fun as you'd think.
You're stuck giving up your freedom, interests, compromising everything, no more privacy, no more doing things on a whim, you have to take someone elses feelings and needs into consideration before every decision.
Seriously, enjoy being alone and learn about yourself, do the things you want and enjoy life. Set yourself up and become stable as an individual. When the time comes for you to be in a relationship it will happen, the more you obsess over it the longer it will seem to take.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.