[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello anons, what's your honest opinion on a 19 year age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 3
File: 1306129710481.jpg (95 KB, 245x282) Image search: [Google]
1306129710481.jpg
95 KB, 245x282
hello anons, what's your honest opinion on a 19 year age gap? 23 year old female with a 42 year old male. picture unrelated.
>>
>what's your honest opinion on a 19 year age gap?
There's something wrong with one or both of them.
>>
>>17128554
you think so? care to elaborate?
>>
bump?
>>
>>17128551
You have daddy issues and try to appear more mature by being with an older guy, but in reality both of you are childish for your age. Gross.
>>
>>17128585
There's really no reason you should be able to relate to someone almost two decades older or younger than you to the point where you can have a successful relationship unless there's something wrong with you. Either the older person is extremely immature, or the younger one has baggage from their past that has meant they've had to grow up quickly (or just has mommy/daddy issues). Either way, one or both of them are fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>17128551
in my honest opinion i really dont care what anyone does provided they arent causing harm to anyone else or anyone elss property
>>
>>17128551
Op, ask yourself one question:

>>17128671

See this guy? Ask yourself, how many past relationships you've had with same age partners that lasted for the rest of your life? Im guessing zero.

Now ask yourself, how many same age related relationships do you know from all your friends or people that you went to high school/college with, or in jobs, that have lasted to the end of time?

Sure, there's a few who get married. There's also plenty of people who've gone through 5+ relationships/other people.

Age isn't a discriminating factor for being able to enjoy each others' company.

Look at the divorce rates. People of similar age getting married and divorced like clockwork. You'd think if age was the biggest contributing factor, like the morons in here are saying, then only a fraction of age similar relationships would go in the toilet, but that's just not the case is it?
>>
>>17128551
Op, you do you. What are you attracted to? What do you enjoy? Take that. It doesn't matter if it brings pain later, because nearly everything does.

Don't stop enjoying something or getting what you like because other people are shitting on it.
>>
File: 1419229830953.gif (467 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
1419229830953.gif
467 KB, 300x280
>>17128551

>what's your honest opinion on a 19 year age gap? 23 year old female with a 42 year old male

Perfectly fine between consenting adults but also not a great base for a long lasting relationship.

Both people are at very different stages in their life. Younger women who get into relationships with older men typically have some emotional issues from their childhood. They seek father figures and gain it through these relationships.

Older men who date younger women typically have some type of immaturity or inferiority complex that prevents them from being with someone their own age.

Not all the time, just typically. The only reason I find it unrealistic is because by the time this man is 60 years old the woman will only be 41 years old.

She'll spend the years she should of spent traveling and building a family and a career taking care of an elderly man.

I'm not saying its impossible, its just always impractical and usually dysfunctional.
>>
I understand that men are mostly attracted to girls between the 16 - 25 age range, but I'm still personally irked by this. It's immature on the guy's part and I doubt the two of them have a lot of common ground beyond sex.
>>
>>17128691
>Older men who date younger women typically have some type of immaturity or inferiority complex that prevents them from being with someone their own age.

Thats what feminists have told you. Actually, its because younger women are more physically attractive.

>>17128693
>It's immature on the guy's part

So you're shaming it because you disagree with it, since you've grown up with lies like that. Cool. Now grow up yourself.
>>
>>17128699
Sometimes it's also a power play thing. Some chicks are also super into that. Age gaps work out well for some people.
>>
>>17128699

>Thats what feminists have told you. Actually, its because younger women are more physically attractive.

Don't tell me why I think the things I think. You have no clue.

Physical attraction, while a contributing factor, is not the sole reason. While many older men would love sleeping with a young woman being in a RELATIONSHIP with her is a completely different thing. Any MATURE older man will say the same thing.

I'm a 32 year old man and I couldn't imagine trying to run my life and my business being with an 18-19 year old girl who has no fucking clue about anything in the world. Its impractical.

Your theory is very one dimensional and doesn't take into account the many, many intricacies to being in a relationship. You lack the experience and knowledge to think past the tip of your dick.

Maybe YOU only care about how hot a girl is when considering dating her but maybe when you grow up a little you'll realize there's much more to picking someone to share your life with than how young and hot she is.
>>
>>17128699

>>17128699

It's immature because there's a significant experience gap between the individuals, and a different level of maturity, comparable to someone in their 20s dating a teenager. That and the relationship is superficial by nature, in that the guy is dating her primarily for her looks. Looks play a large role in relationships but to completely forgo dating a more mature partner for one with higher tits fits the definition of immaturity pretty nicely.

Age isn't always a sign of maturity, but being in your early 20s is even less so.
>>
I'm 38 and my gf is 23. It's not an issue for us, we get along fantastically well.
>>
I think he's taking advantage of you, even if the relationship is mutually beneficial. I'm 28 and only go after 18-21 yo girls because I feel a lot more attractive because of my life situation compared young guys.

Honestly I could not even fathom being 15 years older and seeing an early twenties female as any sort of equal. you're only a fucktoy.

I don't really look down on it because I fully intend to poach hot young girls who throw themselves at old men.
>>
>>17128727
Again, its a judgement call to say that is immature.
>>
>>17128551
>hello anons, what's your honest opinion on a 19 year age gap?

31 year old guy here. My wife is 5 days younger than me. How's that for an age gap?

It doesn't fucking matter. I used to chase 40+ women when I was in my mid twenties because they were simply more interesting to me. They were also incredibly DTF.

so fucking what. don't listen to what anyone else says. It doesn't fucking matter. End of story.
>>
>>17128750
>thread asks for opinions
>gets mad at people who gives their opinions
>>
>>17128812
>thread for opinions.
>gives opinion on those opinions.
>troll calls mad.

Derp.
>>
thank you everyone for your opinions. i can somewhat agree with most of them, even the negative ones.
>>
>>17130163
Just realize that some people will give negative opinions because they're jealous and/or self conscious about their own shit. Think of them as anti-gay politicians that can't wait to get home to ram the pool boy.

Suppose an older person is immature somehow, so they're actually your equal. It means you're on equal terms, as you would be with a maxed out mature person of age 20 or whatever. Suppose you're dating someone a year younger and they're as mature as someone twice their age? Is that bad, too?

I had a teacher that was dating a 60 year old when he was around 25-30, so don't think of it as being mature or not, think of it as enjoying a person's company.
>>
that's super fucked up and disgusting.
>>
>>17128727
>Looks play a large role in relationships but to completely forgo dating a more mature partner for one with higher tits fits the definition of immaturity pretty nicely.

If you had the choice, why wouldn't you date someone much younger? They're more fun to hang out with.
>>
>>17130401
>Suppose an older person is immature somehow
literally impossible.
>Suppose you're dating someone a year younger and they're as mature as someone twice their age? Is that bad, too?
it's not bad but it is nonsense.
>>
I'm 35 in love with a 51
It's quite a big gap and I can't say it hadn't crossed my mind...yet he is absolutely 100% the best thing that ever happened to me
>>
>>17130401
this! exactly this. as the 23 year old, i'm extremely mature for my age. the 42 year old is also mature but when i met him i thought he was in his 30's. we get along great. it seems most people frown upon such an age difference. when you think about it, he could be my dad. but we are on the same maturity level, and i really like that. i just dated a guy my age and he acted like he was 18. i'm not into that mentality.
>>
>>17130402
People said the same thing about gays in the 60's and killed gays for it.

Congrats on being 4chan's hitler.

http://www.freedominapuritanage.co.uk/why-the-age-of-consent-should-be-lowered-to-14/comment-page-1/

http://digitalcommons.law.yale.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1313&context=yjlf

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/columbiadailyspectator/lift_the_ban_on_student_professor_relationships/#comment-2619035546
>>
>>17128551
I'll say the girl is a gold digger. Unless the guy actually takes care of himself and look decent. Either way I would say the girl has daddy issues too.
>>
>>17130420
>42 year old dating a 23 year old
>mature
>42 year old not being married with kids and a stable home life
>mature
>>
>>17130439
maybe he's divorced
>>
>>17130439
he has an extremely stable home life. he isn't divorced but he's had a few long term relationships. everyone can come in here and judge me, but the fact is you have no idea any of the details about us.
>>
>>17128551
I will share my experience, my parents have a 20 year gap
Mum gave birth to me at 24, dad was 44, by the time I was at school my dad was an "old man" at 50, when everyone else's parents were around 30.
Dad was a bit too old to be going on scouts trips, all feats of strength I saw were other kids dads, my dad had a great paying job and a nice car and a watch collection, but he couldn't put up a tent or change a tire.

By the time I was 18 and bringing girls home, dad was 62, he didn't want to go to the pub and get a pint with me, it was hard to talk and relate to him, she was getting a bit "dotty" and would ramble or lose his trail of thought from time to time, he was lost in the modern age of computers and internet access.
When I went to university, dad was struggling to cope with living in an empty house, he got a dog, but was too busy to walk it, he spent his spare time playing golf and watching Sky Sports and calling me up to talk about the matches he watched.

By the time I had graduated, dad had retired, him and mum argued a lot, mostly because dad needed her to sort his medicine out or take him to places, he would get jealous and be generally grumpy, he was aware that he is an old man with a young wife.

Now my parents are divorced, they sold the house (for a lot of money) and went their own ways, dad is renting and living like a king off of his pension, mum now lives in a small cottage with her boyfriend and enjoys the surrogate youth my dad couldn't give her.

The worst bit is that by the time I have kids, dad probably won't be around, and that leaves me feeling pretty cut up at times.
>>
>>17130458
Your explanation really has little to do with age gaps.

This is the same kind of situation two 35+ year olds might be forced into if they wait forever to have kids.

Remember, autism levels go up as women wait to pump out their babies. 35-40 is literally the upper limit.

When you speak of your dad losing his marbles and being hard to handle, he's a victim of mental decay that is normal.

Whats worse? 1 parent like that or both like that when yo're 18, supposing your parents had "waited til it was right"?

Im all for waiting, but honestly, women in their mid to late 20's should be looking to find their right guy out of anyone 16-40 rangeish, because, while you can have a career on the side with a kid, you can't really do career first then kids second. Its even better to do kids first and career second, after you're old and ugly anyway. At least then your kids wont be spergs and shit up /adv like many of the posters in this thread.
>>
>>17130458
thank you so much for sharing with me. that sounds really rough. i don't plan on ever having children for multiple reasons. but even without children, when i'm 40, he'll be 60. it would be a little strange. i'm not sure how serious our relationship will get, but i'm willing to take that risk.
>>
>>17130471
>Your explanation really has little to do with age gaps.
I didn't explain anything

I couldn't tell you if having 2 old parents would be worse, because I only have the parents that I was born to, but I knew growing up that my dad's family didn't have a great opinion of my mother and that they didn't do much together.
They got together and a year later got married, then they had me, mum never got to go and fulfil her dreams with my dad, she always wanted to travel, dad couldn't because of his career, we were lucky to go to the seaside for a weekend because dad was usually on call for his job.

Had they both been the same age and had kids later on, I think they would have been happier, they could have experienced life together, but that isn't what happened, dad got to do stuff he wanted before he met my mother, mum didn't and I know it bothered her, but she is doing that now with her boyfriend.

But thanks for trying to responding to my contribution with your opinions and unrelated facts instead of just telling the OP, I didn't give advice or an explanation, I just shared my experience, because it was the best I could contribute that may inform the OP.
>>
42 is way too old, any 42 year old man dating a 19 year old is screwed up in the head.
>>
>>17130557
>42 is way too old, any 42 year old man dating a 19 year old is screwed up in the head.

evidence?
>>
>>17130566

19 year olds have not finished developing their brains yet. So we have a [presumably] fully developed man trying to hit on a much younger undeveloped woman. Either he's attracted to mental immaturity, making him kind of disgusting or manipulative, or he's an overgrown manchild himself.

And there's something seriously wrong with ANY male still on the proverbial dating market at 42. Most decent guys get married by 35 at the latest. Chances are he's a social misfit if not worse.
>>
>>17130576
>19 year olds have not finished developing their brains yet. So we have a [presumably] fully developed man trying to hit on a much younger undeveloped woman. Either he's attracted to mental immaturity, making him kind of disgusting or manipulative, or he's an overgrown manchild himself.

Neither have 40 year olds. Brain development as you call it stalls in the 40-60 range for people on a U.S. diet but continues for people on a so called Mediterranean diet.

You're parroting a flawed understanding of what's going on.
>>
>>17130594

No the brain develops by 25. Before that and you are still growing up.

One you actually become an adult, you will understand how stupid you sound right now.
>>
>>17130557
Not true at all. Age is only a number if both are consenting adults. You ageist bigot.
>>
I would think the girl is probably a loser, and by that I mean someone who hasn't got much of an education, or anything interesting going on in their life and maybe drinks every weekend. At best she works a monotonous working class job answering the phone or at a local shop. The guy is probably an ugly labourer who never really grew up (those guys have a tendency to wife-beat too). They wont last long.

Without information that's my best guess.
>>
>>17130616

No 19 year old has "much of an education" or works some upper middle class job, you weirdo. Don't blame the victim.

>>17130603

You can't consent if there is power imbalance.
>>
>>17128551
>He dies
>You collect income
>Profit
>>
>>17128551
Not that odd desu. Especially if the guy is the older one.
>>
>>17130624
>You can't consent if there is power imbalance.
r u retarded?
>>
>>17128691
>She'll spend the years she should of spent traveling and building a family and a career taking care of an elderly man.
By 41 your kids should be grown up, dude. "Building a family" at 40 is a recipe for retard babbys.
>>
>>17130642
42, the average living age is well above 70 so she will be at least 50 when he is dead. Maybe even more than 60
>>
>>17130674
Only for 40 yr old women
>>
>>17128551
Naturally I'd be inclined to tell you that it's no big deal. But considering that she's only 23, I have to admit that it feels a little bit weird. Don't you think that there may be something wrong with you both if you find yourselves attracted to people half/twice your age ?
>>
>>17130693
Why do you think the age at which someone dies matters in relationships at all?
>>
>>17130624
Well they haven't got any degrees yet but the signs are all there. Some people will be in Cambridge with a backing of clean A* qualifications, and some will have left school at 16 with a handful of Cs. Yeah, it would be more clear at 21+.
>>
>>17130705
It does matter. Would you want your loved one to die when you are only 50?
>>
>>17130711

You've never been in love with someone
>>
>>17130711
By that logic, since men die sooner than women all the time, women should be dating men 5-10 years younger than them.

Love isn't a contest of how soon one can die next to the other.
>>
>>17130404
Because fun to them is childish and draining to you?

OP I'll be honest here, he's probably going after you because he couldn't get anyone closer to his own age.

Is that who you want to spend time with? Then do it. Just acknowledge that if the relationship lasts a long time you're throwing away years of your life you could have spent growing as a person with an equal.
>>
>>17128551
I think it's fucking stupid for people to worry about age. Chemistry is what's important. And if you think that any given 20 year old is going to be more similar to another 20 year old than a 40 year old every single time, then you'd be dead wrong. People's personalities vary within all groups, age is no exception.
>>
>>17128691
>Older men who date younger women typically have some type of immaturity or inferiority complex that prevents them from being with someone their own age.

No, younger women are just waaaaaay hotter. All older guys would do it if it was socially acceptable and they were capable of it.
>>
>>17130599
Brain development in women is done by 20, it's only 25 for men.
>>
Much like any other type of relationship its going to come with its own special types of problems and challenges
Can it work? Yes, some age gaps relationships do and some don't
Some same age relationships work and some don't, if you both want it bad enough and are willing to put the effort in to make it work then you have as good of a shot as anyone else.
I think the most important thing to remember is to be honest with each other when it comes to long term wants and intentions.
If the younger person wants to start a family and party then this probably isn't a good idea, but if the younger person is like me and enjoys being a home body with no plans for children and wants to settle down, then its a great match. I'm 23 and I don't date people under the age of 30. I've always enjoyed keeping older company be it romantic or friendly, its just my preference.
But parties will need to be understanding of each others needs and comprise when necessary, but that's not unlike any other relationship.

Honestly I see no difference between an age gap relationship, a same sex relationship, a long distance relationship, a feeder relationship, etc..
Everyone likes something different and every relationship has its own problems, if someone older/younger is who you found love in then be happy! You could have not found love at all.
>>
>>17128551

You want to be in a relationship with him? Go right ahead. Fuck all the haters.

BUT (and it's a big "butt") don't get married or do anything permanent with this guy. I can guarantee you that he isn't the same person he was nineteen years ago, and you won't be the same person nineteen years from now.
>>
>>17130848
By that logic literally no one should get married ever.

Not saying I disagree though
>>
>>17128551
It may be somewhat problematic, especially long term. The expectations, approach toward certain aspects of life, vitality will be different. I wouldn't say it's morally wrong, but unless it's based on something more than just feelings (some dependancy or personal sacrifice - which may make it morally ambiguous) likely at some point at least one of the partners will be disappointed and willing to move on.
>>
>>17128691
>Both people are at very different stages in their life. Younger women who get into relationships with older men typically have some emotional issues from their childhood. They seek father figures and gain it through these relationships.

Women want father figures, even if they aren't explicit about it. They want physical and emotional strength, confidence, resources, social status, affection, and many other traits that are quite obviously paternal. Women don't want a friend, and it really doesn't matter that much if they share common interests. They will share a common interest through their children, anyhow.

The elephant in the room is women don't like young men... and men don't like older women. I think make-up is more to blame for our artificial dating culture than anything. Women past their early twenties just don't look good anymore—not even supposed models. There's a multi-billion dollar industry that tries to make women look like they are 15 again... but 15-year-olds "aren't attractive." It is blatantly false: women have repeatedly tested most attractive from ages 13 to 20.

So basically, nobody gets what they want in our current system. Men get married with someone way past their prime, and women have to date immature children (men's brains develop slower). A 7–15 year age gap isn't biologically unnatural, only culturally. I do agree that older men taking advantage of teenagers is a problem; if they are in it for life, as in marriage, though, I don't think it's a problem at all. Women trust their first partners more, anyhow, before they get jilted and jaded.
>>
>>17128551
Just another little girl with a sugardaddy. I guess you call yourself "mature for your age"? You came here for some validation because you friends/family/coworkers do not approve? He has his own house. A nice car. Buys you things. Makes you feel like a "grown up".

Its a pretty unoriginal story. Usually the girl has issues (neurotic, pathological liars ie: belive their own lies, daddy issues). The guy is usually down to earth, just cruising headlong into his midlife crisis.

Be careful not to be too materialistic. Daddy will only tolerate so much. He is an adult, he can see things for what they are. You are but a child, you see what you want to see.
>>
>>17128739
>I think he's taking advantage of you, even if the relationship is mutually beneficial. I'm 28 and only go after 18-21 yo girls because I feel a lot more attractive because of my life situation compared young guys.

As I said in my post above, if that's correct that is very wrong. A man using his experience to beguile a naïve teen should be socially unacceptable/outlawed. Women bond best during their early years, though, so if a man is looking to take a wife, the younger the better.

>Honestly I could not even fathom being 15 years older and seeing an early twenties female as any sort of equal. you're only a fucktoy.

Quite buying the feminist line: men and women aren't equal—in fact, if you treat a woman as an equal they will find you disgusting. Women want a man who has his shit together, knows how to operate in the world and can achieve things. Women generally are smaller, weaker (yes, emotionally as well) and less intelligent than men—it's just nature.

All great relationships I have seen have a near-paternal trust to them. A man who doesn't violate that trust isn't doing anything wrong. Let me put it this way: between the tinder hook-up culture and and a 25-year-old man wedding my 15-year-old daughter, I would take the man in a second, as long as he was respectful, attractive, and had resources. Most men would agree with me regarding those two scenarios, which means it isn't wrong in any way. No man would let his daughter do such a thing if if was really that disgusting.
>>
Most of the negative replies in this thread are bitches that know no sane man wants them past their expiration date so they shame age gaps.

Just do it OP.
>>
>>17130885
everyone in this thread thinks i want a sugar daddy or something, but the reality is we both have successful careers, cars, dogs, and our own homes.
>>
If i was 42, i'd love to have a 19 year old.
If i was 19, the thought of dating a 42 year old would be gross.
>>
>>17130856
>By that logic literally no one should get married ever.
sounds great

>>17128551
OP, you're old enough to make your own decisions, if you're happy with it then who cares what other people think
>>
>>17128727
>That and the relationship is superficial by nature, in that the guy is dating her primarily for her looks. Looks play a large role in relationships but to completely forgo dating a more mature partner for one with higher tits fits the definition of immaturity pretty nicely.

Relationships are biologically supposed to lead to children. Women give off fertility signals that men respond to. Looks ABSOLUTELY matter for women. Don't mislead people. It's not fair, but little is.

Also, who says the relationship is superficial? Men have a protective instinct for younger women that they don't to the same extent with older. Like I said with the make-up thing: women try to simulate these signals to attract men... and it works. Without makeup, the current marry-at-30 paradigm would have collapsed into dust. Nobody is attracted to 30-year-old women, except for people who have built an emotional relationship for years when she was younger.
>>
>>17130785
>Just acknowledge that if the relationship lasts a long time you're throwing away years of your life you could have spent growing as a person with an equal.

Begging the question fallacy. Who says that's a good thing or a bad thing?

>OP I'll be honest here, he's probably going after you because he couldn't get anyone closer to his own age.

Straw man. This is one of the most common 'insults' thrown at guys. If a man can pull someone half his age, he definitely can pull someone his own age, because to be capable of enticing a younger person he must be attractive enough and outgoing enough.
>>
>>17131064
>Without makeup, the current marry-at-30 paradigm would have collapsed into dust. Nobody is attracted to 30-year-old women, except for people who have built an emotional relationship for years when she was younger.

Oh god, if you ever get the chance, start looking down women's faces from an angle. Like about 15 degrees as if they're leaning towards you, and you will see what they will look like at 30-40, etc.

When you start doing that, you will see how 'ugly' women will get as they age. It is absolutely necessary for most women to lock a guy in earlier because most women are at least baseline attractive when younger. Think like 80% or more of them, as long as they aren't fat. Things change quickly at 30 and above, as they grow into their OLD face.
>>
>>17128683
>Look at the divorce rates. People of similar age getting married and divorced like clockwork. You'd think if age was the biggest contributing factor, like the morons in here are saying, then only a fraction of age similar relationships would go in the toilet, but that's just not the case is it?

Absolute bullshit. You can replace "people of similar age" with literally anything to make the exact same non point.

Go out with a drug addict!

>Look at the divorce rates. People not on heroin getting married and divorced like clockwork. You'd think if drug abuse was the biggest contributing factor, like the morons in here are saying, then only a fraction of sober relationships would go in the toilet, but that's just not the case is it?

Or a dog!

>Look at the divorce rates. Humans getting married and divorced like clockwork. You'd think if species was the biggest contributing factor, like the morons in here are saying, then only a fraction of species similar relationships would go in the toilet, but that's just not the case is it?

Cretin.
>>
>>17131300
That's not the way the logic works numbnuts. You're denying the antecedent. The point is that age similarity isn't a correlation.
>>
this bullshit that you have to be the same age as your lover is just complete bullshit i had a booty call for three yeras that was 18 years older than me and her pussy was tight and her tits were firm and she was horny 24/7 it was a god send
>>
>>17131362
Its coming from the far left feminists and their rape culture hysteria painting any such relationship as inherently immoral.

you can read about it in my Big Book of Feminist Dogshit.

But seriously, feminism sprang from religious roots, and the movement literally started on the basis of controlling male sexuality.

Its why today you see male teachers get 20 years for fucking a student and female teachers get probation for doing the same thing.
>>
>>17131537
>>17130949
>>17130929
>>17128739
>I think he's taking advantage of you, even if the relationship is mutually beneficial

https://youtu.be/2vIYAYfBkUM?t=2724
>>17128727

Arguing that he's not just wrong, he's immoral or immature to date her.
>>
>>17131537

As a note I was one of the nay-sayers in this thread and I am right-leaning with ties to Objectivism.

>>17132143
>>17131537

At least I provided an actual argument instead of posting to push some BS agenda. Its funny, seeing the paralells between people like SJWs and you. By posting shit like this you do a really good job of breaking down discourse, derailing a thread to make ad hominems against your boogey (wo)men instead of focusing on the actual issue. You tried to paint me as some leftist shit, attempting to completely delegitimize my argument without actually trying to disprove it. Good job, I guess.
>>
>>17132251
I was trying to help you understand idiot.

You have a narrative.

Suppose you have some guy that's 25 and still likes to party and screw around having fun like 20. Is that objectively bad? No,its subjectively bad because "he should be in a different place".

Do this for 30. 35. 40. 50.

Only a subjectivist would say any person over 20 still acting 20 is a bad thing. Only a subjectivist would also say its a good thing. It just is. It might be good or bad depending on how others treat such a person in society, but then that is a problem of society, not the individual.
>>
>>17130907
Who said I'm buying in to any kind of feminist crap. I know men and women are not the same and I treat them accordingly.

How can you say that older guys dating young girls should be outlawed then go on to say that targeting younger women is best to find a wife?

>>>17131362
>this bullshit that you have to be the same age as your lover is just complete bullshit
I'm almost 30 and have never heard this before, where are you getting this from? Most established relationships I find the man is almost always 3-6 years older.
>>
>>17132290
>I'm almost 30 and have never heard this before, where are you getting this from? Most established relationships I find the man is almost always 3-6 years older.

Its recent in light of all the pedophile hysteria.

I've heard women call 40 year old guys fucking 18 year olds "legal pedophiles".
>>
>>17132290
>>17132292

And its based on the feminist gyno-model of predator and victim, power imbalance equals abuse, and age equals power imbalance.
>>
>>17128551
My parents were 15 years apart. So whatever floats your boat as long as it is legal and among adults.
>>
File: that girl.jpg (190 KB, 1489x936) Image search: [Google]
that girl.jpg
190 KB, 1489x936
>>17128551
A fellow 22 year old german student literally started to date a man in his late 40s while studying abroad in India.

She kept the relationship on afterwards and now married him, had him come over, and has a child with him.

They work out fine, and have good chemistry together from my standpoint, even though I think it is kinda cruel to the child, cause it's dad will die while it is young.

But aside from that: Where ever god puts love, who are we to judge.
>>
>>17132290
>How can you say that older guys dating young girls should be outlawed then go on to say that targeting younger women is best to find a wife?

Traditionally, you didn't go straight to sex. Men are attracted to thirteen-year-old girls, but honestly they have more of a protective instinct than a sexual instinct (healthy men, that is). Women imprint better on men the younger and more inexperienced they are, and in our current culture all of this is wasted on teenage boys who have no clue about anything and just want to play video games all day.

So, I don't see the contradiction. I use the "if it's my daughter" test: If some 25–30 man wants to have sex with my teenage daughter, I would be utterly against it. If he was going to forge a lifelong connection and have children, I would have no problem at all, as long as he was socially competent, had a good job, was attractive and kind.

It really comes down to intentions. The truth is, though, that women look best and get the best response from men at ages 13 to 20. A high-status male isn't going to pick up leftovers; he wants a woman in her prime. It's best for both the girl and the man in this situation. The man gets someone who genuinely respects him and is attractive without deceptive cosmetics, and the woman gets better genes and more resources than if she married on the secondary market in her late-twenties. As they get older, a 10-year age gap shrinks down into almost nothing, anyhow.
>>
>>17128551
my parents have 12 years of difference, but they met when they were much older, he was probably 50 something at the time
>>
>Standard creepines rule: Don't date under (0.5*age + 7)
>>
>>17133127
This is society's rule, though. It shouldn't be, and certainly has no place in nature. Women try to look 15 again their entire life. How can biology be wrong if this is the case?

Men should marry women (girls) that are 7–15 years younger than them in their mid- to late-twenties. That's when nature says they are both the most attractive. It wouldn't be weird if everyone did it, and it would certainly result in more successful marriages and a better family life for children.
>>
>>17132340

>has a child with him

hahahahaha no way she had that kid with him. That slut fucked around.
>>
>>17128551
probably buried but OP. what is his life exp in his 42 years? like has he had a marriage or 2? does he have kids? what's his dating history?

i mean there is some reason you are down for it, but i'll trust you to not fuck yourself up intentionally so lets just worry about him.

i don't think there's any rule that means that you can't be perfect for him right now. but you should probably spend a little time thinking about /why/ that is and decide if you are ok with whatever answer(s) you come up with.

the people saying he has to be immature are fucking morons who i doubt verymuch are legit oldfags.

but there is a reason and it could possibly be that you are just a hot bimbo fucktoy. i doubt it though since you made this thread and don't seem retarded and lacking self awareness. but if its not that what is it? you owe it to yourself to think about that a little i'd say

relationships are always a product not just of the people but the larger context of each other's lives that puts them in a position to be looking for / receptive to / a relationship with that person. so what makes you the right person for him in his life?
>>
>>17128551

No opinion. If you got chemistry who cares about age gap?
>>
>>17133127
>Don't date under (0.1*age + 7)

Ftfy.
>>
>>17132340

The guy looks pretty young, the girl looks pretty old.

So they're closer biologically and probably brain organically speaking than chronologically.

People age at different rates on the inside and the outside.
>>
>>17128551
Have fun changing his diapers in ten years while your friends are all out vacating and living the life with other people their age who are still able to go out. People in general will think you're a gold digger or have extreme daddy issues, and get used to wrinkly grey balls slapping on your chin while your friends hook up with hotties
>>
>>17128551

It's really creepy. It kinda feels like the older guy is exploiting the girl's lack of relationship experience.
>>
>>17134692
>4692 ▶
> >>17128551 (OP)
Welcome to the feminism marxism, op.

Here comes people who are indoctrinated. Apparently you're a toddler hes trying to rape, not an adult.
>>
>>17134751

How's it feminism? The guy has 2 decades worth of experience over the girl and can press his advantage by using his knowledge to pull the strings on the girl. If you're trying to nab a 16 year old as a 21 year old, you'd try making it seem like she was being cool for getting with an older guy. There's no difference.
>>
>>17128671
>>17128554
>>17128551
My mother has been married to my father for nearly forty years and he is 20 years older than she is. I won't deny that she had issues with her dad, but they are two of the most responsible, level-headed people I know. That said, there are always outliers.
>>
>>17130664
Yes, he obviously is
>>
>>17130949
Have you seen what 42 year olds look like nowadays? Look at Jared Leto or Hugh Jackman. Granted, they are movie stars but we are aging much better than ever.
>>
>>17135014
I'm sure you are anon
I'm sure you are
>>
>>17128551

it's going to be an unhealthy relationship, unless shes insanely mature (unlikely) or hes very immature (more likely) in which case he should grow up
>>
>>17131355
The assertion you're disproving is that if there is an age gap, the relationship is unable to work. Your argument is that a good amount of people without an age gap cannot make the relationship work, therefore assertion is false.
>>
>>17134798
A 16 year old is not an adult. A 23 year old is an adult. Your analogy is invalid.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.