[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've struggled with major depression, anxiety and BDD these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 408x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 408x640
I've struggled with major depression, anxiety and BDD these past 6 years and things have been the same with very upsetting results from the treatment I've been seeking. I just have tremendous loneliness and an inferiority complex whenever I'm around people now. A lot of it has to do with seeking validation.

How do I fight this beast. It's literally ruined my life and some days I even just feel so hopeless and unwanted that I should just kill myself... I'm tired of being told I look creepy and/or that I look bad and that my eyes are weird. I asked this on /soc/ but people only really just made me feel worse by saying to accept I'm unattractive and focus on what I can change. I'd rather hear that I could maybe change anything about my looks to help them and eventually get over this self esteem problem

Could I be handsome If i ended up getting some form of jaw implants or something down the line? I'm not okay with how I look now because I never get complimented or validated as attractive and I can't even score with girls and I notice my personality isn't really seeming to be the key reason for that. I'm definitely not aspiring to be beautiful and universally good looking. But dead ass, currently, I am stagnated In this area where few people probably find me terrible to look at, but basically none actually see any good in how I look either. So that's pretty shit m8
>>
>>17128071
Holy shit. This fag is STILL posting? Haven't you been doing this for several years now? Christ, more than 4 or 5 years AT LEAST
>>
>>17128085
Yes, and literally I never get solid advice like I see all the other people here making threads. It's driven me mad? His can NOBODY consider that I need help?
>>
>>17128134
your face looks fine

how muscular do you look, wt and ht also
>>
Oh, I saw this picture floating around got several years. Is this still you? Tbh, the best thing you can do is get off 4chan and start pursuing your own interests
>>
Fuck off, Brandon...
>>
>>17128155
But what does that have to do with changing how I feel? I definitely pursue interests and I still feel crap all the while desu
>>17128153
I'm definitely not jacked. But there's some muscle. For being 5'9" I'm around 160 lbs currently but I want to hit the gym more and get motivated with summer here.
>>
>>17128163
Really? :(
>>
File: 1462428386298.png (128 KB, 793x645) Image search: [Google]
1462428386298.png
128 KB, 793x645
>>17128071

You are not ugly, don't worry about that part.
Clean shave pls
Workout if you aren't already. I strongly recommend exercising often, at least 4 times a week. It helps relieve stress and may help you mentally with whatever is going on with you.

After a very good workout you won't have the energy to think negative stuff, you just want to hit that pillow. Keep the routine going, push yourself if you have to.

If this isn't enough advise then by all means visit your local library or bookstore and read some self help books.

Good luck OP
>>
>>17128177
ok well there is really nothing wrong with your appearance, and I wouldnt even consider somethign as radical as plastic surgery

cant really help you with the metal part though, sorry
>>
>>17128177
you're too much inside your head. stop thinking about 'oh desu am I xyz yet' and just fucking do it
>>
>>17128071
I am right there with you on this. I have had depression my whole life and I don't even fight it anymore. I accept it and cry inside my heart, the world will never accept you, but remember that there will ALWAYS be someone worse off than you, I have seen ugly fat fucks get some cute pussy. This is probably your problem, get laid, I have not yet but I feel that is what will help you along. I do not know how to help you there but, I have been suicidal for a bit, but you know what gets me through? Learning about the world that surrounds me in its shroud. This world is worth living in, no matter the danger, we are in this together and learn as much as you can, experience as much as you can. I am 21 and have never felt the warmth of a woman, it gets hard, but I am so full of life even when I see myself as useless ugly shit, I love the life itself, the opportunity to make anything I want out of myself, I never had a good Father figure in my life and that is ok. I love MY life, and every second that passes without hurt in your heart is worth living, I embrace the pain anymore, relax this won't hurt. Peace, take drugs, risk life, have sex, play music, OUTLAW/
>>
>>17128259
Reading your comment was very emotional, impactful and overall helpful. I hope the best for you anon!
>>
>>17128259
Getting laid is irrelevant if you have to fake someone to get it.

If you adopt a realist attitude, you will probably realize women are looking for someone to provide for them, and wont be able to love you like you love them.
>>
>>17128268
Thank you! How have you been? Is this OP? If not that's fine, just wondering how the people are doing. =)
>>
>>17128279
Yes I'm OP and a bit better now thanks so much for asking
>>
>>17128277
This is true, but a man has to trick himself into thinking there is the same love for him. Even when we as men love ourselves and want a woman to love us, is it just romanticizing? They say men are more in touch with emotions than women, women can bear more pain. Is this all a big trick to fuck men over in all aspects? I feel as though I should just buy whores for the love I crave. I still want to provide for a woman, but I realize that sex isn't love, even when I have never had it. I have no real empathy, only to lust for a woman, and take everything that is free.
>>
>>17128288
No problem man, hey it's all ok. It has been hard for me to accept death, but when I think of suicide, it just reminds me so much of what could have been. There will be love in your life OP, I hold onto that idea everyday, my past of lost loves that leaves me now in abyss. Just accept yourself for who you are, and all of it, trust yourself, I have found more often than not, that I was right about many things based off of thinking and emotions. Loneliness can be rough, but you have to think of yourself as this very resistant being, which you very much are. Let it roll off of you like water, dive into this reality we have, and realize all is maleable, you are very much in control of your life. I have been told to be creepy, but many cute girls I have liked were interested in me and it does attract girls when you are mysterious and silent. What is your birth sign?
>>
Is this really him??? Isn't he permanently banned from 4chan
>>
>>17128071
Femanon here.

First of all, you are not ugly. You actually look pretty cute, in a boyish way. There's some resemblance to Jim Parsons of Big Bang Theory.

Second, even if you were ugly, girls pay a LOT less attention to looks than guys do. Depending on our individual taste we may look for a nice guy, an exciting guy, a reliable guy, even a bad boy. But looks are not the primary factor.

And third, if you have been doing badly with women, it is not your looks but your attitude. If you walk around thinking of yourself the way you do in your posting, your body language, facial expression and general presentation are going to broadcast "I'm a loser and not worthy of love." And that IS a big turn-off for girls.

Stop trying so hard. Stop assuming that everyone is going to hate you. Stop broadcasting "Go away". Smile once in a while and see if people start smiling back.
>>
>>17128291
I'd like to trick myself to believe in a god that can help me, but that's kind of difficult with a realist attitude.

Do you have a job, or are you studying for a job that would allow you to support a woman?

Shouldn't talk about supporting other people until you've been supporting yourself for a while.
>>
>>17128319
You may not care about looks, but women in general care MUCH more about looks than guys do, guys are just much more vocal about it. It's not socially acceptable for women to be picky about looks, we're supposed to be the less shallow ones. It's not fuckin' true.

And no, I'm not some bitter guy. I'm a woman.
>>
Surely there are other people posting as him now?

How can this still be a thing?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.