[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /adv/ first time coming here. Just need a little guidance.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1462474487132.jpg (66 KB, 506x506) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462474487132.jpg
66 KB, 506x506
Hey, /adv/ first time coming here. Just need a little guidance.
So, about a week and a half ago my current employer screwed me over. I had a vacation coming up, so I just bit the bullet and touched it out. Called a temp agency to try to get somewhere else quickly, they had a position available at some processing plant, I went to them the Friday before my vacation, they said they want to hire me. I let the temp people know, they said they'd be in contact with me. It's now the end of my vacation, haven't heard from the agency. Called them and they said they've got no record of the processing plant, so I called the plant. They still expect me to start tomorrow night. The agency said I've got to be processed before I can start any job they put me on. And I wouldnt be able to go to the plant till Wednesday according to them. I'm not sure what to do.

Tl;dr
One company wants me to start a new job tomorrow, another company tells me I can't, I still haven't quit my current job. Wat do?
>>
File: OOoWFwAl.jpg (72 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
OOoWFwAl.jpg
72 KB, 640x360
Bump?
>>
>>17124327
Do you have any kind of signed contract with the agency?
>>
>>17124343
I think so, I didn't read what I signed. And it was so long ago.
>>
>>17124347
You may have fucked it then. I was going to say do whatever the plant wants you to do, but if you've got a contract with the agency and you don't play by their rules then that could come back to fuck you over.

Contact the plant, tell them what the agency has told you. If the plant still needs you in tomorrow night then contact the agency and see if they can make an arrangement to either get you processed that day or just let it slide.
>>
>>17124365
So, go to my current job and bite the bullet.
>>
>>17124327
If the plant is offering you an actual full-time position, go in. Fuck the temp agency. But if your checks are going through thte temp agency then you have to tell the plant, 'listen guys, its out of my control. they're the ones paying me and they say I can't work til wednesday" . Who knows, maybe they'll go over the temps' heads and offer you a job outside of their contract with the temp service. good luck
>>
>>17124327
Bypass the agency and let the plant employ you directly. Let them sort out the paperwork later.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.