[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being stood up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 480x480
>Text this girl I know
>After she gets off work at 10 she texts me and invites me over
>About 30 minutes later I text that I'm about to head over there
>Show up at her apartment about 15-20 minutes later
>Text her again and tell her that I'm here
>No response
>Call her
>Phone rings a few times and I get sent to voicemail
>Wait a while and call her again, figure she's busy
>Instantly get sent to voicemail twice (think this means she turned off her phone)
>Knock on her door
>No answer
>Go back home
>Call her again before the phone rings a few times and I get sent to voicemail

She stood me up.
She texted then called me the next morning saying she fell asleep and didn't see my texts when I told her I was on the way/already there but I don't believe her because of the inconsistencies with her phone's ringing, which she claims that it just "didn't go through" which seems like an obvious lie.

I'm upset of course, because she purposely stood me up and didn't have the decency to cancel on me neither is she being honest with me.

Am in the wrong?
>>
I have my ringing tone at 0 and vibration turned off very often. I have been called by people with my phone next to me and I didn't even notice. She might not be lying. Try seeing her once more and if it doesn't work just move on.
>>
>>17122812
What a bitch. I'd tell her to fuck off.
>>
>>17122848
That's understandable but I find that hard to believe with her because she's pretty much always on her phone.
>>
she's not honest with you. You know it. She knows it. If you let her do it without consequences, she will fuck you over like there's no tomorrow. Trust only once.
>>
>>17122888
I agree. I want to move on but how can I at least get her to be honest with me?

A friend of mine told me to sit down with her and tell her if she wants to move forward that I should state that we have to be honest, but either way just want the honesty, that's all to be honest.
>>
>>Show her she cant mess with you and get through it. confront her cause it is the only way
>>
>>17122904
You can't. If she wants to lie to you, there is little to no way you can find out.
Most importantly, don't go on some revenge shit. Be the better person. Meet her in a cafe or so and talk abt how you feeled and so on. Then she will see her mistake or she didn't care, but this is the most honest answer you will get.
>>
>>17122924
When she called me she told me that if she didn't care she would have never called me back the best morning.
>>
>>17122937
Well, maybe her story is legit. But then you're out of advice here
>>
>>17122942
But how is it legit? Her story doesn't add up because I keep seeing flaws in it and of course she'll tell me all this shit I wanna hear.
>>
>>17122944
Hard to tell without knowing her.
If she's dtf for now, try to find out. When she keeps fucking with you, back off before you ended up in the friend zone.
But honestly, it's up on how you can handle it
>>
>>17122955
if I want to talk to her face to face do I initiate it or do I wait until she calls me again.

She called me Friday night but I was on the phone with a buddy of mine. I called her back Saturday morning and she just started pining about how busy her workday was.
What irked me is she didn't ask me how I was feeling or anything. Not to be selfish, but I was still upset and she just overlooked it.
>>
Any more advice?
>>
>>17122812

Hard to tell when I don't know the girl. If you like her OP, give her the benefit of the doubt and try again. If something happens that seems a bit strange, resulting on you being stood up again. I'd suggest you find another girl you can date, as this one is obviously not taking you seriously. (ONLY if she burns you off a SECOND time)
>>
>>17123730

Also on a fair note. I have noticed that my phone will throw calls on directly on voicemail, If I am receiving a text message at the same time. Maybe it's just my phone,

Anyway, again. If you like her, give it another shot.
>>
>>17122812
I'd give her one more chance.
>>
>>17123735
>(ONLY if she burns you off a SECOND time)

Well, she used to visit me at work and told me I should I come to her work and visit, but when I went she told me not to do it again because her coworkers though I was her bf. I took the hint and moved on.
5 months later we met up again, and she's asking if I have a gf and whatnot, and the second time we met up since then she stood me up. First time we hung out we went to the grocery store and she was touchy feely.
If she was serious, she wouldn't stand me up on purpose, that's my gripe.
I really don't think she respects me, rather she just strings me along as a emotional tampon because everyone else runs from her
>>
>>17123752
I see. Well in that sense I think it is a matter of how you feel nowadays.

If she causes you more negativity than she does good I would stop spending energy on her.

Never really understood why people (especially on this board) keep surrounding themselves with people that only brings negativity with them. I guess we all learn eventually.
>>
>>17123764
>Never really understood why people (especially on this board) keep surrounding themselves with people that only brings negativity with them. I guess we all learn eventually.

I never approached her. She approached me. I know for a fact that we are incompatible and she has way too much drama. The interesting thing is that she always gripes about how people distance themselves from her, and I can see why.

First time I cut her loose she came back, second time, she came back to me.
>>
She just texted me again.

Is this my time to tell her that I want to see her and talk
>>
Tell her to fuck off
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.