[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice Lawyer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Advice Lawyer here giving general legal advice.
>>
>I'm a lawyer guys, really!
No lawyer would make the basic mistake of not even posting where they're from, if they'd taken a moment to remember that law isn't the same everywhere at all.
>>
>>17120376

>general legal advice

All K's require consideration, doesn't matter what jurisdiction you are in.
>>
>>17120388
General legal advice ain't worth shit to the person asking for it. People who ask for legal advice want advice on their particular situation, not general principles of law that could be found in any textbook.
>>
>>17120376
I'll bite, just on the chance there is some advice here.

Company I'm about to work for wants me to sign a NCA. It's completely unreasonable for the job (no real confidential info). How do I either:
>tell them to fuck off with it (and not sign)?
Or
>metaphorically shred that shit in court if it comes to it?
>>
>>17120392
Not OP. Assuming the law is the same where you live as where I live, and if it's as unreasonable as you say it is, it's not going to be held up in court if the employer tries to enforce it. I do suggest you take the contract and see an actual lawyer before you sign it though.
>>
If somebody enables me and tempts me with a Klondike bar, can I honestly be held responsible for my actions henceforth?

Like say somebody offers me a chocolate covered ice cream sandwich on the condition that I beat somebody to death with a tire iron. Is that REALLY my fault, or does the fault lie with the person who enabled me?
>>
>>17120395
It's a summer job at basically a center for people with disabilities. They said it's because they don't want people poaching clients, but I am a college student, nowhere close to a position where I could open my own center and do that.

All I want is to be able to find another similar job after the summer.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.