[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My father is an on and off drug addict. he hasnt lived with us
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x404
My father is an on and off drug addict. he hasnt lived with us since i was 5. Nobody talks to him except me. My brother disowned him. I do things sith him but he's embarrassing abd annoying. He dresses like a crack head. Acts like a crack head and is socially awkward. He never stops talking about his issues. Its like he gorgot how to act. He's also really needy and we hang out every other week. I kinda dread it. I want to tell him to get his shit together but i fear he'll kill himself or something. He really fucked up my life at one point and i didnt talk to him for a year but i realized that destroyed him and im about to move away and i cant have my father following me around.
How do i deal with such a fragile person?
>>
you need to check him into a place where they can keep an eye on him. you said on and off though, so i'm not sure if rehab is the place. he probably only talks about his problems because you're his only life line now. find support groups for him and force him to go. you're never too old to rebuild your life. be supportive but firm, don't be his emotional doormat.
>>
>>17118808
Its really hard. I try to tell him to do shit like go to meetups n stuff. He has insecurities and always flakes out. I cant force him. He doesnt live with me. Im also only 18 and he's 55. Its really emotionally drainig and i feel like crying after talking to him. Its hard enough trying to figure out my own shit, now i have figure out my dads or he'll like kill himself.

Has anyone here successfully dealt with parents who should of never been parents? How do you seperate from parents who are do fragile?
>>
>>17118871
he shouldn't be doing that to you when you're only 18. also, i don't know if you want to consider that option but if he's doing this you are justified in cutting him out if that's what you want. he's not being a father to you in any sense of the word.
>>
>>17118883
I know for some reason i keep asking hoping for some magical solution. My therapist says the same thing.
>>
Treat him how you would want to be treated.
Love him, show him that drugs only hinder the life he has with you. If all goes well anon, you'll look back at this reality with tears of endearment.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.