[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal to be embarrassed about meeting your bf/gf online?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (976 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
976 KB, 750x1334
Is it normal to be embarrassed about meeting your bf/gf online?
>>
Embarrassed? Of yourself? Them? The situation?
>>
No. It's very common now.
>>
Embarrassment is a vague feeling. Do you think you can describe in more details how it makes you feel? Is there something in particular that triggers the embarrassment? If you could change something that decreases the embarrassment, what would it be?
>>
>>17116469
>>17116501

As in, I was too auistic/antisocial etc to meet someone day to day like a normal person so I had to use a website for desperate people
>>
>>17116541
Plenty of normies use dating websites now dude
>>
kek, what is this 2006?

Stigma has long gone.
>>
Meeting "online" can mean a lot of things.

If it's eHarmony whatever, no-one will bat an eyelash. But, if it's fetlife, midgetsexwrestling.com or other such things, then you may want to omit the details.
>>
i think what op is describing is the sort of teenage-level embarrassment from feeling 'inauthentic'.

like instead of having some interesting story of bumping into a girl at college and helping pick up her books, you just met her online. yes it's very common, a lot of people feel a sort of shame over that.
>>
>>17116465
In 2016?
No.

But if you haven't spent time together in person, yes.
>>
I met my wife in World of Warcraft dude. Married 7 years now and it makes for an interesting story when we talk to people.
>>
File: huge.3.16351.jpg (37 KB, 450x368) Image search: [Google]
huge.3.16351.jpg
37 KB, 450x368
>>17116465
>don't know which of the qt3.14s in the picture I'm talking to
>don't care
>>
>>17116737
meet someone online*

fuck how did I butcher that so much
>>
>>17116737
>>17116742
kek
>>
>>17116465
Meeting online is actually quickly becoming the number 1 way of meeting people.
>>
Maybe 10 years ago. But now there are adds for e-dating everywhere and tinder is a social staple for how people meet
>>
File: madtv.jpg (12 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
madtv.jpg
12 KB, 300x225
>>17116465
The only embarrassing aspect is if you're watching TV and an ad comes on with the dating site you used or using and everyone looks at you. Or if you met someone online and the same ad comes on it can get uncomfortable.
>>
>>17116704

OP here. Yes, exactly this
>>
>>17116465
i met my current girlfriend on pof.

been together since december 2014 my man.
>>
be fucking alpha and go for the puss
>>
There's still a stigma there, but it depends on how you went about it. OKC and Tinder, oddly enough, might earn you a bit of a rib here or there, but if you're happy, no one's really going to shit on you guys. If it was like craigslist, I've noticed that gets shit on pretty hard, a friend of mine met his gf there and they refuse to mention it to anyone.
>>
I've actually found that when I talk about meeting my gf on Tinder, it's more on the person listening to decide if they want to be close minded and act like what my gf and I have is no less legitimate than any other way of meeting. It's very much a matter of fact kind of thing, and almost a year later I can't even remember the last time someone brought up how we met.
>>
It depends whether or not you met your bf/gf online. If not, then it's pretty weird yeah.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.