[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an appointment with a therapist tomorrow. It's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 6co0dq5.jpg (55 KB, 750x550) Image search: [Google]
6co0dq5.jpg
55 KB, 750x550
I have an appointment with a therapist tomorrow. It's the first time I'm actually going on my own accord. It's our second time seeing each other but I just realized I have no idea what I'm supposed to talk about.

I've been lost in my life for the past 14 years and just now kinda "getting it", realizing how much of a neet I've been, slowly changing my loser ways; I know it's all small steps, I'm currently getting back on track with what I want to do with my life...

I have no fucking clue what I'm supposed to talk about with this lady.
>>
Tell them that
>>
>>17113205
I did tell her the first appointment. She's all caught up on what I know needs to be done and what can improve.

I almost feeling like I'm wasting her time with my bullshit. But I know I need to go.
>>
>>17113198
Tell her exactly what you just said here. Print it out and read it if you have to. If she's worth her hourly she'll be able to work with that. Silence is difficult to work with, especially early on. Any content, any conversation you bring to the table helps.
>>
>>17113210

Tell her the steps you've taken since your last meeting I guess
>>
File: web_trillin.jpg (71 KB, 450x572) Image search: [Google]
web_trillin.jpg
71 KB, 450x572
>>17113210
Tell her how you got to be a neet loser, anon. She knows you have a problem, and what you need to fis, but knowing how you got in the hole you languish in the first place can make the path to being normal much clearer

If you don't talk with people often, since you're a neet, I'd recommend asking the therapist if she'll spend ten minutes or so just helping you practice you're conversational skills. Having someone like a therapist who won't judge you or try dominate the conversation as you practice can make you more comfortable getting out of your shell. You'll think "well, practice with Ms._____ , went fine, what do I have to worry about talking with this person?" Practice like this may also help you think of how to plan for social situations, like you're having trouble with now

You aren't wasting her time. She's a therapist, and you're her patient. She's there to help you

Don't miss that appointment, anon
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.