[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression and procrastination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: CP3NUkNVEAAEaum.jpg (57 KB, 599x720) Image search: [Google]
CP3NUkNVEAAEaum.jpg
57 KB, 599x720
Hey /adv/ 22y male here who needs some advice. I used to be depressed as fuck when I was a teenager, but I eventually dragged my self out of it. Been reasonably motivated and happy since I was 17, but I've always had problems with procrastination, which have been getting a lot worse latley. I've failed to meet nearly every deadline and I've been performing far under my potential and it's starting to get to me to the point where I've cried myself to sleep and can't get up in the morning. It's causing a negative spiral of underperformance and I feel like I'm slipping back into a depressive mindset. And it feels like it makes sense because my life kinda objectivley sucks.

I just feel like I need someone to talk to, but I don't wanna involve my friends or worry my parents... Do you have any advice for me?
>>
join the military
>>
>>17105783
Don't think they will take me since I got busted for smoking weed once.
>>
I'm going through something very similar with procrastination but the only thing you can do is... just do it. There's no magic trick to doing what has to get done, you just have to put the work in and do it. Maybe start a routine of doing a bit of work every so often, like every 20 minutes do 5 minutes of work, and then slowly lengthen the time of the work and shorten the time of the break (e.g 20 minutes of work and 5 mins of break).
Good luck
>>
>>17105806
Thanks senpai. Good luck tooyou too.

>>17105802
And before you say anything about it, I've quit smoking.
>>
>>17105767
>
You're unhappy. That is why you are procrastinating. I suggest you find a hobby you love, join a group, and make new friends. Anything to give you something to look forward to that isn't more work.
>>
>>17105824
I'm studying music now which has been my passion for a long time, abd I play in a band that's just started to get out there and getting some fans. But I put of my time to get some productive work done, but end up just watching shows or youtubeclips, and I neither my college work nor my personal projects gets worked on. I don't really have room for more hobbies.

Could use some new friends though, but I suck at neeting people. That's one of the things that has interested me more latley, improving my social skills. But I feel like I don't really have time for that either since I'm in a very competitive field that requires complete focus.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.