[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time car crash (Pic related) What's "good"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160502_204145.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160502_204145.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
First time car crash (Pic related)

What's "good"
>Both parties have insurance
>No injuries
>No ticket, just warning
>Both parties negligent

What's bad
>Damaged engine
>No collusion insurance

What to do?
>>
Who hit whom?
>>
>>17104456
>Both parties negligent
>>17104455
If you agreed both parties are negligent and police now have it on file you just gotta pay for repair yourself. This is why accidents are such a pain in the ass.
>>
>>17104455
Is that Salt Lake City?
>>
>>17104455
as an european

how the fuck did you manage to hit eachother on a big empty road like this in perfect conditions? holy shit
>>
>>17104455
>>No collusion insurance

Did you plan the collision together? Just asking.
>>
>>17104462
No, that's why you learn to drive.
>>
>>17104752
Hahahahahahahaha

Good point!
>>
File: 1451141596248.png (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1451141596248.png
10 KB, 225x225
>>17104455
>Both parties have insurance
>No collusion insurance

I really can't get my head round American car insurance.

In the UK, every vehicle that goes on a public road /has/ to have insurance. Even if you don't drive the vehicle, even if it's just parked on the road outside your own house. The second the cops spot an uninsured vehicle they impound it quicker than you can say "£445 for removal, £180 a day storage and you're not having it back until you bring an insurance document and pay the fees in full".

There's three types of insurance. Third pary only, that covers any and all damage you cause to other vehicles persons or property (no one buys this). Third party fire and theft - self explanatory (only povertyfags and/or people who drive cars worth less than the price of a good lunch buy this). Then there's fully comprehensive, where outside of some very specific circumstances (acts of terrorism, drag racing while high on coke, that kind of thing) no matter how badly you fuck up your insurance company will fix whatever you hit, compensate whoever you injured/killed, and either repair your car or buy you a new one. Actually the give you the money so you can buy a new one, but it's the same principle.

I just can't understand the concept - or the point for that matter - of car insurance that doesn't cover you in the event of a crash. Like, what is it you're insuring against? It's like having life insurance where your wife only gets a payout if you get eaten by godzilla.
>>
>>17106144
Yeah he probably has what you call the 'povertyfags' insurance.

That's what most people in 'Murica have.
>>
>>17106144

It's required in many states in the US. Lots of poor people still don't have it.

How do cops see if a car has insurance? You guys have stickers?
>>
>>17106144
Actually it's pretty similar here, although only certain states require insurance as far as I know.

When OP says he has no collision insurance, it means that he/she has what you'd call third party only insurance. (We call that Liability Insurance.)

What's weird is that "comprehensive" and "collision" insurance are two different things here. Collision insurance covers your car if you crash into something, and comprehensive covers you from everything else. (Fire, theft, a tree falls on your car, etc.)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.