[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some urgent advice (relationship)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: PHHDpIza616UKM_2_l.jpg (95 KB, 950x361) Image search: [Google]
PHHDpIza616UKM_2_l.jpg
95 KB, 950x361
I have been with my girlfriend for 8 months. I am in the process of moving into her parents house for the summer (they offered). My family lives in another state (I have been living on campus). I have very few friends and no car.

My girlfriend and I had a slip up. I had another random girl off the internet send me nudes and she was texting and sexting a guy she has known longer than me. This was 2 months ago.

Tonight she demanded that she looks through my phone. I told her no and she got pissed. She obviously has no trust in me in regards to me talking to other women. She backed down after that, but it bothers me that she has no trust. She does not want me even talking to any female that is not in a group project with me.

I just got hired at a full time job that pays well and she was going to be my transportation to said job. I was going to work over the summer to afford my own car. After the summer I will have an apartment on campus again, I just have to get through the summer.

Do I try and stay or should I leave? I have less than 2 days, so time is critical.
>>
>>17103581
Think about the long term- if you can put up with her bullshit and get a free place to live it's probably worth it.
If you do stay, get out as soon as you can- she sounds abusive as fuck.
Typical controlling behavior on her part- she wants you to be vulnerable and depend on her so she can control and manipulate you. It's a power thing, makes them feel good.
Dealt with this sort of bullshit with multiple women. They all turn into complete nut jobs once they get comfortable around you.
It's a behavior thing that's extremely common in men too. People are fucked.
Good luck OP.
>>
>>17103581

>Bothers me she has no trust
>Nudes from another girl

Moving in together in the midst of all of this?
Have you guys talked about having an open relationship? Works for some people. You don't seem too upset about her sexting. And this way you could do what you want on the side.
>>
leave, there's literally nothing else to say
>>
>>17103581
You gotta own up to your shit and talk to her about it. Both of you slipped up and you both gotta decide if it's worth it to work through that.

Or you could just drop her but if you have any desire to keep things going with her yall gotta talk about it and be as honest as possible and just see where that leads. If you still wanna split up then split up, but at least have the decency to be open about it.
>>
>>17103692
>>>17103581 (OP) (You)
>You gotta own up to your shit and talk to her about it. Both of you slipped up and you both gotta decide if it's worth it to work through that.
>Or you could just drop her but if you have any desire to keep things going with her yall gotta talk about it and be as honest as possible and just see where that leads. If you still wanna split up then split up, but at least have the decency to be open about it.

We did before, and I just talked with her again. She started crying and telling me she didn't realize she was acting like she doesn't trust me.

She said she does trust me. I'm kind of hesitant now.
>>
>>17103675
That would be amazing, but I don't know how to bring it up to her. I feel she's too insecure for that.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.