[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really considering getting dreads. ...but know next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
I'm really considering getting dreads.
...but know next to nothing about how to start them, maintain them...etc.
I'm a white male with dirty blonde hair that's somewhere between wavy and curly and about 9 inches long all-around. Its not thick, but not thin either and starts to dread itself naturally if i don't comb it for about 2 weeks.
Any dreadheads out there who can give me some good advice?
>>
>>17102367
Just don't wash your hair or comb your hair.
>>
Dreads are pretty God damn disgusting t b h, enjoy smelling like poo
>>
>>17102374
if i do that then they come out looking really shitty. Like all bunched together and diff sizes. I want them to look pretty nice
>>
>>17102367
When I see people with dreads my brains go like:
weed smoker detected
fag detected
very "not average person" detected

Luckily in my country it is like 1 out of 100 000 people so I can live in peace.

>http://www.wikihow.com/Give-Yourself-Dreadlocks
>>
>>17102379
I heard theres a method where you can keep them from smelling
>>
>>17102381
The point of dreads is to look unkempt and messy.
>>
>>17102394
uhh... no its not. lol
>>
>>17102386
what country?
>>
>>17102398
Well, when I see them they look unkempt and messy. I'm sure most people do. The only people I see have them are, homeless, degenerate stoners, crackhead or a mavro.
>>
>>17102367
That's cultural appropriation. You're white and deserve no options in life
>>
>>17102367
>I'm really considering getting dreads.
>...but know next to nothing about how to start them, maintain them...etc.
>I'm a white male
No. Stop right there. Don't. Just don't. All they will do is make you look like a poseur at best, if not an outright douchebag.
>>
>>17102416
>degenerate stoners
Lol that damn reefer madness them pothead drugies. Ban smoking pots make America great xD
>>
>>17102367
Unless you're tough as shit...don't do it. Seriously, the entry level for white guys with dreads is a 1% patch on your colors. Anything less and you're a joke.
>>
>>17102444
I smoked for over a decade. It fucks up your life in more ways than one. Not only that when you quit you get odd dreams, anxiety, depression. And yes, weed should be illegal.
>>
>>17102416
there is no "point" in dreads, unless your rasta, then its a sign of religious devotion. Nobody intentionally makes themselves look unkempt and messy unless their retarded. They dont have took unkempt and messy either... unless you dont know what the fuck your doing with them or just dgaf. They can actually look pretty nice and badass if done right.
Also, some of the friendliest, most respectable ppl ive ever met had dreads. maybe you should try talking to ppl with dreads w/out just judging them outright.
>>
>>17102456
>weed should be illegal
Nothing should be illegal without an external victim. You're just weak and want some big daddy with a gun to protect you from your own failure. You're arguing that other people ought to be punished so that you never have to develop self control or good judgement.
>>
>>17102477
I couldn't agree more.
>>
>>17102477
I'm not weak, far from it. The point is some people are and will abuse it. Nobody told me to quit. I did so because I saw how bad it was. You realize weed can cause latent mental health problems? In turn, it does have an effect on society and the families involved.
>>
>>17102456
I love how this turned into a thread for advice on getting dreads into a weed legalization debate thread just cuz dreads are involved.
is that really the first thing ppl associate dreads with? Weed? c'mon...
>>
>>17102485
I'm aware of the mental health problems marijuana abuse can cause, I've signed more than my share of certs for dumbass kids who couldn't moderate their use. I've also seen the effects on families. You still cannot rely upon the violent coercion of the state to protect you from shitty judgement. People huff paint, people eat urinal cakes, people buy weed despite it being illegal. Hell, where I work kids can find pot more easily than they can find beer and we don't even have medical marijuana.

Still, I don't see how bringing guns and prison into the equation does anything other than prop up police pensions and encourage the erosion of civil liberties.

Also, if you smoked till it got bad and fucked up your life you're weak. Good on you for stopping eventually, but its people like you that lead to warning labels on the little packets of desiccant that come in electronics packaging.
>>
>>17102493
On a white guy? Come on, you can practically hear the jam bands.
>>
>>17102386
Yours must be a very non-douchey country.
>>
>>17102493
Kind of, it makes me think of Rastafarians, which makes me think of weed, or just hippies in general. But OP should do whatever he wants with his hair, no regrets

But I have only ever seen a handful of people with nice clean looking dreads, and they were both black. I don't know if it's possible for white people.
>>
>>17102477
A winner is you
>>
>>17102467
"friendliest" "respectable"????
You must be a weed dealer lol because white people with dreads are some of the biggest snotty wanna be bitches I've ever met.
>>
>>17102504
>if you smoked till it got bad and fucked up your life

I quit before that point. I was able to see where I was headed. I've seen it fuck up peoples lives in a big way.

There should be fines, community service in mental health facilities, not locking someone away.
>>
i'm white with long hair (much longer than op's) but i don't like dreads on white people. long hair, really long hair, on a man has to come with a certain personality and lifestyle otherwise there will be major cognitive dissonance going on. i'd advise op to just let his hair grow long while keeping it untangled and then when it's around belly button length decide where you want to go from there with it. you may decide you can't fill those shoes and shave it all off and go mr. normality again. long hair is really an art, it implies you've overcome all the opposition such as social influences and your own inner doubting voice. if you're just thinking of "getting dreads" to snap into a certain look, i don't think it will go very well. whatever style you end up with should come naturally. also, untangling knotted hair is one of the worst things in life. keep it combed with your hands.
>>
>>17102542
What happens if you do not pay your fine or fulfill your indentured servitude? All laws are ultimately backed by a threat of violence. I haven't been a regular pot smoker in fifteen years, but you won't see me ever supporting law enforcement because of the war on drugs. Thats it. Enforce bullshit laws, lose the support of at least some of the people.
>>
>>17102456
Been smoking daily 2 years straight, lost hookups and had to go without for a month or two. I had non of these side effects. For you I blame inferior genetics
>>
>>17102543
You speak a lot of truth. I have the exact same thoughts on very long hair on males. Yeah i was thinking it would be a good idea to let it grow much longer first. much
>>
There are a lot of hairstyles that look like shit in the transitional period, including growing out your beard.

Dreads are the worst of them all.
>>
There are lots and lots of resources out there about making and maintaining dreads. Just remember that you need to take real proper care of them if you want to stay civilized.
>>
>white
>blonde
no don't get the dreads, you are fine how you are
If you're ugly, it'll make you look uglier.
If you're hot, it will detract from your attractiveness.
>>
Don't look like a dirty asshole on person. Just stick to your pretty long hair cause the females dig guys that look clean, and I know because I am a girl myself. Don't be fucking gross and stick to your angel hair
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.