[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to learn History? I never payed any fucking attention to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1460924993514.jpg (141 KB, 847x980) Image search: [Google]
1460924993514.jpg
141 KB, 847x980
How to learn History?
I never payed any fucking attention to school and don't know jack shit.

What websites give a good History lesson and don't censor things like Jews being kicked out of civilizations since the beginning of time.
>>
>>17102250
Go to /his/ and buy books
>>
File: Das_brausbad.jpg (30 KB, 504x295) Image search: [Google]
Das_brausbad.jpg
30 KB, 504x295
>>17102250
>don't censor things like Jews being kicked out of civilizations since the beginning of time.
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 2VZB3cZ.jpg (58 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
2VZB3cZ.jpg
58 KB, 960x960
>>17102264
That's current events
They do talk history some times but it's not in depth

>>17102256
Thank you.
>>
>>17102264
Except that happened a lot, its not /pol/ to say that in the slightest
>>
You fucked up if you go to /pol/ expecting to learn anything real, whether in terms of current events OR history. /pol/ is filled with the most dishonest ideologues on the internet. In fact they knowingly create and spread infographics with decades-old, long-debunked "information".
>>
>>17102250
Perhaps crawl back up the ass you came from.
>>
>>17102356
Lel plz anon

If it was not for /pol/ I would not even know what a jew was.
And I would think nigg are human and males are the same as females

I browsed too much Imgur as a kid desu senpai
>>
>>17102409
What's your background?
>>
File: image.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>17102250
>>
>>17102421
What ya mean senpai?
>>
>>17102250
U.S. History: "Lies My Teacher Told Me" (Loewen); "A People's History of the United States" (Zinn).

Mathematical History: "What is Mathematics, Really" (Hersh)

Philosophical History: "Visions of Human Nature" (Palmer)

Start there.

There's no such thing as "History" out of context. That's something that /his/ will basically never admit, but there just isn't. Like who's history? In regards to what? I think what you're looking for is more understanding of the origins of society and how humans have put things together over the years, and why we think the way we do. There's obviously no amount of books that will answer this question, but the ones above provide a really good framework.
>>
>>17102838
>That's something that /his/ will basically never admit
To clarify, there are a lot of people on /his/ who may agree with this statement, and that was more of an expression of frustration at having argued with people who insist on some particular stance on a historical event as being "right" or the "correct way to see it." So if you do go there, be prepared for a lot of that.
>>
>>17102838
>>17102857

Stop smoking weed.
>>
>>17102250
Every source you can possibly find will have some prejudices. If a particular event is of interest, read multiple accounts/references.

If you really didn't pay attention in school, you'll need to build up a general base of knowledge, so that you can understand how specific events affected things. I enjoyed the fuck out of this when I was 10, http://www.amazon.com/Harper-Collins-Atlas-World-History/dp/0723010250, but I was a nerd. It might be a good first step to hit up the history section of your local used book store for similar material (overviews with lots of maps). Alternatively, browsing Wikipedia can be helpful for this. It may not be totally reliable, but the breadth of information there is incredible.

>>17102838
>U.S. History: "Lies My Teacher Told Me" (Loewen); "A People's History of the United States" (Zinn).
commie scum
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.