[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in a bit of a pickle here and I really need some help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 102022264-bojack2.530x298.jpg (24 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
102022264-bojack2.530x298.jpg
24 KB, 530x298
I'm in a bit of a pickle here and I really need some help.

So I moved in with a friend of mine in september in a college dorm room. Everything was going fine. One day he stopped talking to me, or acknowledging my existence entirely.

This left me suspicious as we had been best buds up until this point so I asked some mutual friends what was up and they said that he had some issues with my living habits.

Alright I thought we are two mature adults who can handle this like civilized people. How wrong I was.

Since October of 2015, he would go through cycles of where he would be friendly and nice to me and cycles of which he would pretend I didn't exists. On various occasions I would ask him what was up if he wanted to talk about it or anything and he always would tell me that I was fine.

On various occasions I got down on my hands and knees and begged him to talk to me about it because I could see that there were things that I did that bothered him to the point of pretending that I didn't exist. Every time I tried to open a dialouge he would say that I was "Fine" and then run away from the situation.

The other day he finally spoke to me again and opened up about some things and we seemed to be doing better as friends and roommates. Then yesterday I noticed he was begining to ignore me, but also harass me and undermine me when he could. This is what happened.

me : dude whats up what did I do to deserve you treating me like shit
him : WHAT DID YOU DO???? WHAT DID YOU DO???????????
*muttering*

He then grabbed his stuff and left. He refuses to speak to or look at me. I have tried to get him to tell me what I could do to improve as his roomate and his friend so that he wouldn't end this school year hating me.But he won't answer my text messages or even speak to me. I don't know what I did, or how I could have stopped it and now I am at a loss of what to do.

TL;DR my roommate hates me because he avoids talking about his problems
>>
Your roommate is a passive aggressive asshole that's talking shit about you to other friends while not saying anything to you.

I suggest move out and dropping the faggot
>>
>>17101775
what are your living habits like, i feel like youre leaving something important out.
>>
Do you have gross living habits? Like how clean or dirty is your room, bathroom, kitchen, living room? But you said you noticed some things that bother him, can you think of any? Something maybe you had said ?

From what you explained it sounds like something else is upsetting him and that HE is the one with an issue that makes him not want to talk to you. So I'm just throwing something out there, do you feel like he could be gay?

I had a friend who was pretty awkward, he was a real social chameleon too, but anyway we use to smoke pot a lot and just other guy shit till he got caught smoking and kicked out of his parents place. He stopped after that and we didn't talk for like 6 months, he told all my friends that I just used him to smoke pot and once he stopped we didn't hangout. This was bullshit because I had called him a few times between our 6 month break and he never responded, I figured it was because I smoke a lot so he wanted distance from that stuff so I even invited him kayaking with some of our friends who don't smoke and still no response. After I heard from my friends what he told them, I tried confronting him and he totally avoided me at all cost like he would go through great measures to not see me. I got in his face one day about it and he admitted it was wrong and told me to text him so we could chill. From after that I guess he was 100% sure I was gay and missed being with him because literally the second we got together he tried gay shit on me! Nothing wrong with being gay I totally support them but this friend of mine had serious issues that had nothing to do with him being gay, so I'm glad I ditched him.

Anyway Id try talking to your friend about it more, force him if you must so you can see his true colors, personally it sounds like something is wrong with him, on a mental level. Be safe brotha
>>
>>17101799
I am a rather quite person. I play a lot of melee, and as of the last few months have actually been AVOIDING spending any time in our place in the hopes that if I just wasn't around aside from sleeping or an outfit change that he would stop hating me. I can be a little messy, and yes it is a shared bedroom, but my "mess" if you can even call it that is contained to my desk. Another thing is that I do vape, but I am not a "vape bro" who blows clouds and shit
>>
>>17101867
I used to have some gross living habits but I haven't been actively gross since january roughly.

He might be gay but that is entirely unrelated to this situation.

I've tried to get in his face about it and he literally runs away from me
>>
>>17101889
Is like that around other people? you don't feel like he might have feelings towards you? It might be that he feels that way and doesn't know how to confront it. I only bring this up because he sounds a lot like the way my friend was and he turned out to feel that way.

That's just a thought though and could be entirely unrelated, like I said just force him into a confrontation. When I tried to talk to my friend about it he did the same thing, just eyes down and walk faster away from me. I had to have two other friends with me, ones who he had told I used him for pot, to admit he was the one avoiding me.
>>
>>17101922
I have watched him leave a room full of people with a smile to see me and I watch his expression become a death stare with the intensity of a thousand white hot suns directly at me. I am pretty sure that he does not have feelings for me, and in fact probably hates every fiber of my being
>>
>>17101939
Righto, go with confronting him with some of his and your friends then.
I'm thinking it's your living habits then, something you might have not entirely thought gross could be downright disgusting to him.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.