[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I pass UK graduate job interviews? I've probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
How do I pass UK graduate job interviews? I've probably taken part in about 30 processes for internships and graduate roles since 2013 and failed all of them (though I have passed individual phone interviews).

Almost all questions are basic questions about the company or competency questions. I know about the STAR format for the latter. I think the only reason I may fail these is due to not being a normie. I've interviewed with companies in many industries (investment banks, public sector, engineering, and more) and it seems that every recruitment process desires glib normies who are above a low intelligence threshold and who were President of the Anything Society at university.

Do you have any advice for giving off the normie vibe? You may say stuff like "Be concise, structure your answers and so on" but I know literally all of that.
>>
You may know all the right answers, but how's your delivery? Do you give interviewers a weird creepy vibe?
>>
>>17100376

Honestly, sometimes my voice gets clogged up when I'm nervous. But I don't know if it's a big deal. I talk in a straightforward way
>>
you're still applying to graduate roles since graduating in 2013? what have you been doing since then? and what degree can get you into banking, public sector, engineering and more?
>>
>>17100575

I didn't graduate in 2013
>>
>>17100577
When did you graduate
What have you done since then
What did you study
What do you WANT to do
Have you ever worked, if so what as
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.