[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gambler's Fallacy in Action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Many-Paths-Yellow.jpg (12 KB, 422x336) Image search: [Google]
Many-Paths-Yellow.jpg
12 KB, 422x336
So about a year ago I made the dumb decision to enlist in the Navy. I headed off to Great Lakes at the start of December and suprisingly passed at the end of January. Surprising because I had pneumonia from Christmas on and managed to weasel and lie my way into passing only the minimum of what I needed to make it through. Cool.
Problem is, I'm still here, being held at RTC waiting for the Baby's inept system to push me through. Since I've been here my stress from being in a bootcamp-like atmosphere has built to a point that my body is starting to shutdown and I am regretting my decision more than ever.
I can separate myself at anytime really and fix it all back home with far superior doctors but I've been here so long everyone will be disappointed with me and I feel like I will have wasted 6 months of my life.

TLDR; I've been in boot camp long enough to be considered a veteran and my body and mind are fucked from the stress. Should I just say fuck it and head home?
>>
why are you still at great lakes and not your a school?

what rate btw
>>
OP?
>>
>>17098102
The pneumonia and now submarine clearance which I'm certain I won't get. The have special division for people like me who essentially handle all the base's grunt work.
I was supposed to be an ITS but that isn't looking too good.
>>
>>17098166
>wanting to work on subs
just quit the navy, you're too dumb to make it
>>
>>17098182
The subs part was something my recruiter sweet talked me into, saying it pays better and would be more casual. Now that I know what its actually like I'd like to just be on a carrier but if I get rid of it I'll likely lose IT in the process.
>>
>>17098086
>join the navy for something other than SWCC, BUD/S, Corpsman, Gunner's Mate or SeaBee

fucking why
>>
>>17098209
well have fun chipping and painting for the next 4 years then, I can't believe you didn't listen to rule number 1: don't believe the recruiter's lies.

You're just as bad as the call of duty kiddies who sign up to be a seal, wash out of buds and wind up chipping paint.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.