[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't trust in men anymore, I don't even think they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 1458011663612.jpg (124 KB, 625x690) Image search: [Google]
1458011663612.jpg
124 KB, 625x690
I don't trust in men anymore, I don't even think they have feelings, they're all trash. What can I do?
>>
In my opinion women don't have actual emotions and leech the life force and money from men before continuing on their way to a fresh supply.

Which one of us is wrong?
>>
>>17097718
>>17097720

Both of you.
>>
>>17097720
OP is wrong.
>>
>>17097721

Exactly, it's our perceived bias solidified by personal experiences that don't reflect the real world.
>>
>>17097720
Men tend to be fat, hairy, smelly and their sweat is yellow.
>>
>>17097731

Women tend to be ugly, caked in makeup, shallow in personality and taste, and irrational
>>
>>17097718
take a step back from sex and dating for a year while you think about how to approach them.

men are simple
>>
>>17097718
Bump for interest. I respect everybody right off the bat unless they give me reasons not to and I always try to be impartial in how I treat them (if they're strangers), but for years now I can't look at the average guy and not see a sex-driven animal.

A guy being nice to a girl? (age gap can be pretty huge, doesn't matter)He's got something sexual in his mind, subconsciously or not.

I see it on the streets every day. Even old guys check girls' asses out when they see them pass by.

I'm on a train right now and not too far from me are 2 dudes (one early 20's and a 30-something). Every time I look up they're staring. Guess what's on their mind?

Etc etc..
>>
>>17097755
What is your point? Guys like to look at attractive women. So what?
>>
>>17097755

Get over yourself. News flash, the human race continues to exist because we, like all living creatures, are sexual beings. Yes, there's more to life than sex in a relationship, but attraction is very much a biological thing. Don't be so fucking naïve, and don't pretend it's a male thing when women are the ones that pick suitable partners for sexual reproduction. Which I assume you chalk up to 'soul mates' rather than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I believe in love and having a bond beyond sex, but you seem like a presumptuous cunt
>>
>>17097768
You're a sexist son of a bitch oh my god
>>
>>17097718
>I don't even think they have feelings
Many men feel the same way about women. The reason why is because people in general tend to be selfish, fickle, and unreliable. It's not really a man-or-woman issue so much as a human issue.

Maybe you're one of the few ones who truly do love unconditionally. Maybe you're just like everyone else. Who knows? I sure as hell don't. But I'm not going to assume that you're a bad person just because you're a woman. I might assume you're a bad person because you're human, but I won't do it based on your gender.

At the end of the day, each of us are individuals, not representatives of our gender or our race. It hurts to get hurt, but the more cynical we become, the less likely we are to find anything real.
>>
>>17097789

Yeah, the truth often sounds like that. Off to reddit with you
>>
>>17097755
Goodness, you sure do think highly of yourself don't you?
>Oh they are being nice human beings to mean, they are probably perverted, sexist pigs and are just being nice to take advantage of me!
You're that kind of girl that gets mad when a guy opens a door for you, aren't you?
>>
>>17097768
Which is why I don't act in accordance to what goes on in my mind. I'm reasonable and do end up finding that not everyone is like that.

It's just that I assume, for some reason, that every stranger guy I meet has just this one thing on his mind at all times until proven otherwise. It's a strange involuntary thought that just happens, doesn't mean I necessarily believe it.

Chill
>>
>>17097807

Telling me to chill? You have major issues. I'm glad you're able to see past your own extreme bias, but seriously that's a lot of mental hangups about the opposite sex
>>
>>17097755

This is the worst line of thinking in the world - guys do the same kind of shit when it comes to whatever motive they think women have, but stop trying to read minds. People are always so sure they know what someone else is thinking, and so many of you think the worst.

As a straight, white, male, I'm not always trying to get my dick trapped in something. I honestly DO NOT GIVE A SHIT. If I'm hitting on you, you'll probably know. Yes, some people are subversive, some people are self-serving, but if you always approach it that way, they're going to be. Why? Because you're also not giving them a fair chance.

There's nothing wrong with someone thinking you're attractive as long as they're still respectful about it. We can't stop how we feel - but we can control how we act. This site poisons peoples' brains, but we're not all one step from bashing each others' skulls in and getting to raping.

Honestly, this world is so much more pleasant when you give people a genuine smile, think about their wellbeing, and know that most people are good people. It's a wonderful, delightful, place to be. Stop feeling taken advantage of and you won't be.
>>
File: 1386819017280.jpg (18 KB, 559x556) Image search: [Google]
1386819017280.jpg
18 KB, 559x556
>>17097718
>>17097720
>>17097731
>>17097734
>>17097755

Both sexes have the capacity to be uniquely terrible to each other. Humans are more cruel to each other than any other creature on the planet.

No side is the right side in this equation.

The only thing that bugs me is talking in absolutes. "all men are this" or "all women are that". It has nothing to do with my opinion on it its just logically and scientifically false.

I don't mind anyone having opinions either way but being irrational to get your point across is the hallmark of an idiot.

You got hurt by a man or a woman and now you have a biased against them, I get that. It just proves that we think with our emotions, not our logic. If you all could knowledge that, this subject wouldn't be so touchy and confusing.
>>
>>17097718
Man here

I used to have feelings. But that was back when I was a "nice guy." That was back when I was naive enough to be "true with my feelings" and "care." I used to be the beta who would worship the ground you'd walk on. I used to be that nice guy who was just too nice and was too friendly, who was more of a friend than.... well anything else.

And just recently I fell in love with a girl I dated for about 8 months, a girl who lost her virginity to me, a girl who told me she couldn't love me.

You see, I'm tired. I'm just too tired of being the one who puts in all the effort. More importantly, I'm incredibly tired of being rejected and challenged by girls that I am attracted to. I always feel insecure and pressured when I like a girl, because to me she would be a 10, someone worth keeping, and I would pull out all the stops to keep her.

But when a girl I'm not really attracted to falls hard for me, it makes me wonder just why I wasn't good enough for those "10/10" girls I fell so hard for. And it just makes me wonder if this less attractive girl is just desperate to be with anyone somewhat decent.

You see, I get judged. We all get judged. Based on looks more than personality. Plus, I am a functioning depressive person. I get low periods, and then I get intense periods. When I am in my lows, I come off more introverted and closed, timid, etc. When I get my high periods I am full of energy, charisma, and become insanely extroverted.

SO fuck you OP. I am dealing with the female psyche, all you have to deal with are simple minded guys. The only thing you're doing wrong is by being too much of a cunt.
>>
>>17097817
>As a straight, white, male
Stopped reading there
>>
>>17097841
https://www.reddit.com/r/niceguys/comments/4hbt2a/when_a_girl_im_not_really_attracted_to_falls_hard/
>>
File: 1392950795735.png (703 KB, 641x488) Image search: [Google]
1392950795735.png
703 KB, 641x488
>>17097857

>Stopped reading there

Ughhh. I'm not even that poster but I really hate that bullshit debating technique. SJWs and asperger-warriors use that shit all the time to avoid actually addressing what people say.

Its so easy to dismiss someone's arguments by slapping the "STRAIGHT WHITE PRIVILEGE" sticker on their forehead and give yourself an excuse not to actually have to use your logic and critical thinking skills to confront an opposing view point and be well spoken, informed member of society.

Its the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling "LALALALALALA" when someone says something you don't like.

Its really lame, dude. Whether or not he made any good points is beside the issue. You can't use "because can't possibly be right" as evidence for why someone is wrong. Thats stupid.
>>
File: 1461564657989.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1461564657989.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>17097857
>>
File: 1393536650408.jpg (47 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
1393536650408.jpg
47 KB, 590x393
>>17097841

You're both being stupid.

Your shitty choice in women and inability to form healthy emotional boundaries with the women you're interested in is not women's fault, its yours.

The women you attract and are attracted to are a reflection of you, not women. You choose shitty girls, girls that you know will walk all over you and then your subconscious chooses to become irrationally attached and devoted to these girls and then they hurt you.

Maybe you had a strange relationship with your mother. Maybe your dad didn't hug you enough. Who knows, but the way we deal with relationships is programmed, sir.

That is your programming. Yours. It happens every time because that is the way you choose it to be, whether its a conscious choice or not.

Tell me if I'm wrong. You meet a girl, you're IMMEDIATELY attracted to her. Whether or not she expresses similar emotions to you you feel electricity around her and you can't stop thinking about her. No matter how much she shits on you all you can think about is the day she'll finally love you as much as you love her.

Her love becomes a GOAL for you as opposed to a mutual experience shared between you both. You get angry at her for treating you like garbage but then you're texting her the next day apologizing for blowing up on her.

Am I saying anything familiar? Thats not called being beta, its called having attachment issues.

OP has a similar problem. She is subconsciously attracted to shitty guys and after the 4th or 5th shitty guy, just like you, she resides herself to just throw up her hands and be like "Well, I guess they're all terrible."

No. Basic psychology along with understanding the definition of the word "PROJECTING" will clear up all of the confusion you have about women.
>>
>>17097857
>trigglypuff.gif
>>
>>17097873
U MAD BITCH?
>>
>>17097942

I understand this is 4chan and saying stuff like "U MAD BITCH" is an acceptable substitute for being intelligent and saying intelligent things.

I might recommend /b/ or /pol/ or /r9k/. That might be more your speed.
>>
This thread is shit and we're all dumber for having scrolled past it.
>>
>>17097904
>ou meet a girl, you're IMMEDIATELY attracted to her. Whether or not she expresses similar emotions to you you feel electricity around her and you can't stop thinking about her. No matter how much she shits on you all you can think about is the day she'll finally love you as much as you love her.
>Her love becomes a GOAL for you as opposed to a mutual experience shared between you both.

That's really interesting, you're describing me. What should I do?
>>
File: 1381900288144.jpg (605 KB, 1056x1080) Image search: [Google]
1381900288144.jpg
605 KB, 1056x1080
>>17097996

>That's really interesting, you're describing me. What should I do?

This describes a lot of men and I completely understand all of your frustration but I can't emphasize more that putting the blame of this habit of yours solely on the collective backs of women is not the way to solve it.

Absolving yourself of responsibility for your dysfunctional relationship by saying "all women are" this or "all men are" that is a cop out. Its just another avoidance technique we as humans use to forgo taking responsibility.

My advice to you is to try dating girls you aren't as attracted to. Its safe to assume that if you feel immediate lightening bolts with a girl and you feel inexplicably drawn to her she is PROBABLY another girl who you'll find yourself letting walk all over you.

Pay attention to the patterns. Pay attention to your behavior.

TV and movies would lead you to believe that the best relationships are the ones that start with fireworks but your pattern has proved again and again that fireworks get you into trouble.

You're attracted to abusers. So, following that logic, try giving someone a chance who you aren't immediately attracted to. Let a relationship develop. SIT in the uncomfortableness of not having that rush of hormones and adrenaline you get when you're chasing after a girl who you know will treat you like shit. It won't feel as exciting but it will be healthier for you.

It will be hard for awhile and you'll actually have to speak up and express your concerns with your partner and be honest about your past but I promise you with time, if you make an effort to avoid the love addiction you have developed with abusive women you'll be able to tell the difference immediately and you'll able to use this information to your benefit much easier when confronted with conflict in relationships.
>>
>>17098009
Thanks for the reply.
I never blamed anyone else but me for my failures, anyways. But I got rejected again a few days ago, and I was wondering if I am doing something wrong. Whenever I'm attracted to a women, I give her all my attention, and maybe this is the problem.
Thanks to this rejection I realized that I don't know how to flirt. Whenever I feel attracted to someone else I become brainless, and I do everything to get her attention.
Thanks again, anon. I'll try.
>>
>>17097982
Prostate carrier on suicide watch
>>
>>17098009
> try dating girls you aren't as attracted to
sounds a lot like settling to me. Why would I feel motivated to do anything that is characteristic of a relationship when I don't feel any more strongly for this person than any of my friends, or worse yet - acquaintances
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.