[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I do with my life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1409066410767.jpg (124 KB, 567x819) Image search: [Google]
1409066410767.jpg
124 KB, 567x819
I'm 27 with a dead end job I hate and no real skills. The only reason I haven't quit is so I can continue paying rent. I started going to a community college but it feels like a complete waste of my time and isn't moving my life forward. I've only stuck with it this far because I have to believe it's somehow better than doing nothing at all.

Where do I go from here? Is there a realistic career I could get into that doesn't require college or hours of physical labor?
>>
ever thought about working in EMS?
>>
>>17094538
I did but I heard the pay is terrible.
>>
>>17094544
well what are you making now?
>>
>>17094536
The problem here is that you have no goals and nothing that you aspire to. You have to fix that, or you're never going to be happy with what you're doing.
>>
>>17094536
>>17094544
>>17094548

How do I look as cool as an anime character? honestly considering smoking
>>
>>17094548
$10/hr. Enough to break even every month.

>>17094549
I thought about quitting my job and living off of student loans. I just don't see myself learning anything relevant to my major in all my required classes. I'll have only taken three classes related to it by the time I get my associates degree. There's no way I could learn enough from that.

>>17094551
>considering smoking
Don't.
>>
>>17094565
I'm making 13 as an EMT, will go up to 20 once I finish my paramedic course.

Its a pretty good job, I'm on the road all day so I'm away from an office so no pointless politics or boss breathing down my neck. Every day is different so I never know what's going to happen until it does, and even though its not well paid it is a very highly respected job.

Training took me 3 months (I was working as a security guard while going to EMT school) and then I was able to get a job in only a few weeks after graduation.
>>
Work as a waiter. I make about 200-300 dollars a night doing it and it's pretty sick. It's soul sucking and I hate myself, but it's great money!
>>
if you're a man and in decent shape you could try doing a higher paying that's physically strenuous. i make over $20/h working in a warehouse. theres also loads of construction jobs that pay two or three times minimum wage but you have to work hard.
>>
>>17094577
How physically fit do you have to be? I'm a skinny guy and I know every paramedic around here is also a fireman and they're all huge.
>>
>>17094591
I don't really work out and I get by just fine, I'm also 5'7", slightly overweight, and not particularly muscular. You do have to move patients but never on your own, you have a partner to help you and if its some real fatass you can call for additional EMTs or firefighters to come help you. If you're taking them out of a hospital or something there are always orderlies and nurses to help you there.

You don't need to be in particularly good shape to do it, no.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.