[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become a feminist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1453508466144.gif (531 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1453508466144.gif
531 KB, 800x450
What can I do to become a feminist? Where to start?
I want to be part of the movement
>>
Don't.
/Thread
>>
Instead of becoming a feminist specifically, consider becoming a progressive more generally. That is a movement which is much more worthy of support.
>>
>>17093497
Here's a video guide for you.
>https://youtu.be/hg4RXxtFqKw
>>
>>17093510
I don't understand. Someone must have sat at their PC, thinking, Wow, I'm gonna make some Spoderman vids?
>>
File: Vanessa.jpg (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Vanessa.jpg
58 KB, 640x480
>>17093502
Why not?
>>
Technically all you have to do to be a feminist is believe that women's political, social, and economic rights should be equal to men's.
>>
>>17093497
>What can I do to become a feminist?
Realize that women are people too and should therefore be treated as such and not as disposable unsentient stuff.
>>
educate yourself about the true oppression of women in many third world countries and become an activist against that

though if you live in the west it will be difficult to get any real change without joining an NGO or activist organization like Human Rights Watch or Amnesty International for example.
>>
>>17093497
Embrace first and second wave. Third wave feminism is some Huxley-tier shit.
>>
>>17093526
The guys name is Jordan something ir other, idk. He's a profesional youtuber (as in he makes his living from youtube) with three or four channels, the spodermen one started off as a joke but ended up with a few hundred thousand subscribers.
>>
>>17093503
>>17093549
>>17093552
I want to be the activist type of feminist. I already dislike men and their bullshit.
>>
>>17093594
>I already dislike men and their bullshit.
That's not a feminist, it's a bigot/misandrist. Kill yourself, you cancerous fuck.
>>
>>17093597
this
its just plain hilarious how they mix it all up in one big buzzword

GUYS I ALREADY HATE INSECTS AND THEIR BULLSHIT HOW DO I BECOME AN ARSONIST
>>
>>17093597
Fuck off you worthless piece of shit
>>
>>17093594
well the first, and arguably most important, step to becoming an effective activist is being able to articulate and communicate your views in a way that is both easily understandable and appealing to people who are undecided on the issue or may even be initially against you

when you say something as stupid and pointlessly vitriolic as "I dislike men and their bullshit" you are easily written off as just another idiot without even the slightest insight into anything. Not to mention the fact that its openly hateful when feminism is supposed to be about equality and dignity for everyone.

Now start over and try explaining your views in a way that isn't immediately offputting to anyone who doesn't already share your misanthropic world view.
>>
>>17093594
And here I was, thinking that feminism was about equality.

6/10
>>
You people are morons. How do you idiots feel entitled to give advice when you will reply to obvious bait?

Holy fuck, /adv/ is really newfag central.
>>
File: pretending.jpg (26 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
pretending.jpg
26 KB, 349x642
>>17093774
yeah don't we sure feel silly, calling someone a retard when they act retarded
>>
tumblr.com

And stay there.
>>
All you have to do is cry, bitch, moan and blame everyone else for your problems.

Extra points if you're a woman of color
>>
>>17093905
You're an awful "person"
>>
>>17093927
I am sorry that the truth isn't fair.
>>
>>17093905
Last part got me.

Just the way you said it like it's the 1960's
>>
The simple fact of the matter is if you're for equality between men and women, means you aren't a feminist. At least, not in today's world.

I mean, in light of the fact that the "wage gap" is a statistical and empirically measurable myth that no educated economist would ever perpetuate, in light of the fact that the statistic of 1 in 5 women will be raped on a college campus is another myth, and in light of the fact that women are more likely to be hired in some STEM positions because of the social "justice" culture that the left perpetuates, the "gender wars" are simply a lie that the media and the current reigning government enforce to pass legislation. Free speech and expression are a progressive feminist's worst enemy because they more often than not favor feelings over truth, and facts always stand up to scrutiny.
>>
>>17094166
t. assblasted white boi
>>
>>17094175

Exactly the kind of response one would expect from a progressive. You are no different than Trigglypuff.
>>
File: 1383888228607.gif (493 KB, 191x200) Image search: [Google]
1383888228607.gif
493 KB, 191x200
>>17093594
>>17093612
>Hates men and their bullshit
>Counters arguments by calling people peices of shit

CONGRATULATIONS! Looks like you meet the qualifications to become a third wave feminist!!

Simply sign the dotted line below!

x_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>>
>>17094371
>third wave feminist
What's that?
>>
>>17093497
completely forget everything you know about history, logic, and statistics. Focus on emotions and paranoia that the entire world, even other females, are out to get you.
>>
>>17093549
That isn't what modern feminism means anon.

Modern feminists believe they are owed something for past bullshit. Like modern blacks feel they are owed because of discrimination of the past.
>>
What do I do to become a nazi? Where to start?
I want to be part of the movement

I mean come on I'm an aryan therefore I must join it!
>>
>>17094501
Just google it dude. There have been waves of feminism throughout the years.

The current is the third wave, and its known for its man hating SJW liberal militant females that forgo logic entirely and want to crush men at every turn.

Essentially its not about equality anymore, only "listen to my problems and give me free shit because I'm entitled to it" attitudes.
>>
This much circlejerking over a bait post, damn
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.