[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Freelance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: imonthecasejack.gif (21 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
imonthecasejack.gif
21 KB, 250x250
What are some sites or apps that would help me find work as a freelance writer?
>>
Go to FA and write some shit about big cock tigers yiffing dragons or something
>>
>>17091533
YEah yeah I know about FA, cmon anything else
>>
>>17091504
There's an app called talent. If you have it, you'll succeed as a writer. It works best in conjunction with hard work, determination and luck. They'll drain your battery life if you're not careful though.
>>
>>17091546
Everytime I come here I can't believe this is the davice board

Listen I just need fucking sites, I got fucking talent fuck off just tell me what are the sites that allow me to find work, sites where i can get hired, blah blah you know what im talking about
>>
>>17091554
Good point. Now that you've insulted me I'll link you to some of my means of income, which will result in less money going into my bank account.

Wait right here. I'll be back in a few minutes.
>>
>>17091554
if any of us knew, we probably wouldnt be here.
>>
>>17091565
hurry up slut
>>
>>17091554
chop chop fucking shitty ass writer slut, bitch, goddamn fuck you man, your dumb advice board SUUUUUX
>>
Let's hear one of your stories cocksucker. I
>>
>>17091605
aight gimmie a sec
>>
upwork
>>
>>17091605
http://docdro.id/qZ8FUvg

i guess this is also a critique thread. tell me what you guys think and be as brutal as you like, but if you want to do me any kind of favor you can more so focus your thoughts on the story and characters and less on, i dunno, syntax. but its not for me to control, rip away
>>
>>17091554
>I got fucking talent fuck off

Everybody has talent, Anon. And even if someone has no talent they can still get work. The difference between you and them is exactly what that Anon was talking about. If you can't understand that, you're already fucked.
>>
>>17091641
Adlartok and Aipa are shit names. You're directing too much in the script.

That's all I could gather from the little I could care enough to read.
>>
>>17091504

If you need 'sites' to find work, you will never make it as a freelancer. Half of being a freelancer is knowing how to market yourself and then actually putting in maximum effort to bring in clients.

Most freelancing sites are terrible for freelancers because they severely limit the relationship you can have with your client. Take Upwork for example: if you work for a client on their site -- or meet or even *see* a potential client on their site -- and then EVER try to work with them offsite, you can be fined some stupid amount of money. This often becomes problematic if a client really likes you and would like to work with you more closely. I'm not even sure employment gets around the Upwork legal crap.

Freelancing is typically something to do when you've been in your field for a while and have lots of contacts and references you can leverage. If you want to give it a go, I suggest: putting up your own website offering your services (you can always get a freebie site from weebly and the like), filling out a portfolio if your website won't have it (contently, pressfolios, and clippings.me are the ones I know of), getting business cards, and learning how to market yourself.

Honestly, I suggest that you look for employment as a writer.
>>
>>17091664
theyre real eskimo names :(
>>
>>17091721
>look for employment as a writer
Yeah, youre right, really im gonna go to school for screen writing and shit, Im not really looking to make freelancing a career, ive marketed myself wrong here, i just want something i can do in my free time to help my skill as a writer and make extra dough
>>
NEW QUESTION
WHAT ARE SITES LIKE FUR AFFINITY I NEED SITES LIKE FUR AFFINITY
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.