[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gf texts guy(s) late at night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 634x838) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 634x838
So at around 1:00 I'm talking to my gf and she talks about the conversation she is having with her guy friend who shes known for a long time. Me, being somewhat paranoid, asked her how often she texts guys late at night. She said "not usually" and that he's the only guy she talks to "regularly".

This wasn't very reassuring. I told her that the thought of her texting guys late at night makes me uncomfortable, and she just said yeah I agree I would feel the same if the roles were switched. And that was pretty much it.

My question is, does her use of the words "usually" and "regularly" imply that she does in fact do it, and with others but just not regularly? Or am I reading too much into this?

Also again I wouldnt even have been able to bring this up if it wasnt for her sharing the conversation with me. So Im not really in a position to even say anything because prior to this I had no idea who shes texting, when, about what, etc.

So my question is what now? Do I just continue being in a relationshio with her?
>>
What does it matter when she texts people if she's right in front of you dude?
>>
>>17082548
She wasnt right in front of me, and ive never looked at her texts
>>
Texting at those hours seems more intimate imo. I highly doubt theyre talking about football stats or homework

Maybe ask to look at her phone?
>>
Take a Peak at her phone
>>
>>17082538

She has no respect for you OP. Save yourself the heartache and get rid of her. Fresh pussy is right around the corner.
>>
U got cucked
>>
>>17082585
>>17082593
I agree with these guys, OP. Just make sure you ask first. If she has nothing to hide, she won't care.

But it's at least a good sign that she's sharing that she's talking to someone with you.

I personally talk to people at all hours of the night so it could just be nothing. I'm always honest with my boyfriend when I'm talking to someone. I have a lot of trouble making friends so he encourages me to talk to people, in a non intimate way. He's always welcome to read my convos, and I even show them to him without him asking because someone said something funny or interesting or whatever else.
>>
LMAO at the insecure fucks in this thread. Look at her phone? She has no respect for you? jesus christ.
>>
>>17082538
she probably isnt happy with the relationship
>>
>>17082598
>>17082595
But how? The dude lives 100mi away
>>
>she would feel the same way if roles were switched

Wow, I've never seen a girl be so blunt about her disrespect and lack of empathy towards her boyfriend. Regardless of what she's even doing, that there is a pretty bad red flag.
>>
>>17082538
Don't listen to these other tools. It's up to you whether or not you want to pursue the issue, but unless you don't trust your girlfriend you don't have to worry about anything. My girl talks to a whole bunch of guys and I don't give a shit.

You can choose to be insecure and suspicious or have faith in your girlfriend to not hide anything and faith in yourself to handle these things the way they were meant to be handled if trust is broken: dump, move on.
>>
>>17082538
I have some close male friends and, if we talk, it's always fairly late at night. We talk about bullshit, mostly. We're all busy through the day so we catch up at night. I live with my boyfriend, spend literally all my time with him and I'm very much in love with him, but I do have friends and I like talking to them.
There is NOTHING weird about it. Relax.
>>
I only write with male friends that late because of the time differences. I'd let my bf look at those convos without exceptions.
>>
There is nothing wrong with her having male friends. One of my best friends is a female and we talk regularly. Even when she is in a relationship. I've known her since childhood so if anything was to happen between us then it would have already. But guess what, male and females can have platonic relationships. From time to time she finds an insecure fuck . then he tries to fuck up our friendship. He's surprised to see that we are literally like brother and sister. And I'm not going to have sex with my sister op.
>>
>>17082538
she is either currently cheating on you or is planning on it. save your dignity, get out now
>>
>>17082729
That's how a lot of /adv/ threads start..
>>
I dunno. I'd be suspicious, but I'm incredibly biased since I am the guy girls text behind their boyfriends back. I slept with a girl who would text me while her boyfriend was in bed next to her and when he got suspicious she just told him we talk work shit, so again I'm probably much more biased and paranoid then the average person with this stuff. Talk to her about it is the best advice I can offer without going full paranoid.
>>
do you text other women at night to have normal casual conversations
no because talking to women is almost always disingenuous and annoying and the only reason men do it 99% of the time in the first place is to crush some puss
>>
Not even trying to bait or troll. But she is probably into the guy and, while she might not be cheating, their communication is probably flirty and she would get with him if she had the chance. That being said, the guy is almost definitely pursuing her. Most important thing she said is
>she just said yeah I agree I would feel the same if the roles were switched
because she knows exactly what's going on and knows that if you were texting a girl at 1am there would only be one reason. More so considering she's known him a "long time" I'm willing to bet they've either had a romantic encounter in the past or (for whatever reason) always wanted to but never did. I'm sorry but you do not have friends of the opposite gender, who you know for a long time, who you talk to "regularly" until late at night and there are no romantic feelings at all. Unless this guy is a neckbeard or something. I hate pulling the "I'm older" card, but I have some years on most of 4chan unfortunately and I can say with confidence I have never texted someone of the opposite sex after midnight who wasn't either a) my family or b) someone I was sleeping with/wanted to sleep with. Literally any girl I've ever spoken to after midnight has either shared my family tree or seen my dick. You don't shoot the shit and talk about the weather and how school and work are just SOOOO boring and share funny cat pictures at 1am.....
>>
>>17082812
>the only reason men do it 99% of the time in the first place is to crush some puss. Exactly and while OP's girl may not feel the same the friend does and she should be smart enough to know that. If the friend isn't trying to bang her he would respect his friends relationship enough not to do anything that hinted at impropriety
>>
>>17082538
regularly means every night and usually means 3 or 4 per week
>>
OP here. >>17082831
I agree with you the most. Heres the facts as I know them

The dude shes talking to has been friends with her for a while. They have no romantic history, and he lives in a different city 50mi away. When I asked if it ever crossed her mind that it would make me nervous she said no because it was purely platonic.

But again, I'm a guy. I know how guys are. The only time I ever text a girl that late is if shes family or if I'm trying to fuck. Ill text girls and girl acquaintences throughout the day with small talk, but I would never text a girl that late when Im in a relationship.

So yeah, maybe she doesnt like him, but im sure he does. Im just wondering if theres other guys
>>
>>17082609
My gf doesnt have a lot of friends either. She texts the few guys she is friends with a lot though. I dont know if its cause she likes them or if she just enjoys the male attention, or if theyre genuinly platonic friends. In my opinion, guys and girls can be friends, but it doesn't happen too often
>>
OP got cuck'd ahahaha
>>
>>17082729
Hes surprised because its not common. Purely platonic friendship like that is rare, despte what you say. The reason is mainly because men are thirsty animals
>>
>>17082912
I'm in a similar situation to you OP

My girlfriend doesn't usually talk to guys and doesn't have many friends in general. However I found out recently she was talking late into the night with one of her work colleagues. She was wishing him a goodnight and talking about things typically only we would talk about.

While I do trust my girlfriend as I've been with her seven years I do not trust the guy in question as I know full well by the way he speaks that he's interested in getting with her. It's a difficult situation to not outright deny her the ability to talk to other guys.

I figure the best way to go about it is to trust them and be the best boyfriend you can be. If she does cheat, shit happens.
>>
>>17082969
What if i dont want to get cucked
>>
>>17083007
This is where I struggle to come up with an answer. Everything I've read says that it's better to just be confident in yourself and faithful in your woman. It says your insecurities will drive her away more than the actions of the other guy.

If your girlfriend is willing to dump you for a guy like this then she's not worth it. Let her act on her own and judge her character based on that.
>>
>>17083018
She asked me word for word "so do you want me to stop talking to him?" And I said no bc thats irrational.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.