[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pc problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 7wGj6JK.jpg (38 KB, 600x453) Image search: [Google]
7wGj6JK.jpg
38 KB, 600x453
My friend recently bought a bunch of pc parts and we put his computer together. Everything turned on but for some odd reason the USB ports did not respond and when we hooked the GPU to a monitor with and HDMI cable it didn't respond either l. Where did we go wrong ?
>>
>>17015300
Could be anything but i would double check your installations.

Change the power cord for the video card

make sure power source is working

see if motherboard is receiving power

sounds like a video card problem(possibly DOA) but honestly unless looking at it it could be a gorillion things.
>>
>the USB ports did not respond
Sometimes these doesn't work unless you installed all the necessary drivers that came with the mobo installer disc.

>when we hooked the GPU to a monitor with and HDMI cable it didn't respond either
Is it an onboard GPU? If not turn off the onboard in the Boot menu.
>>
>>17015318
>>17015329
We plugged in the gtx 970 and it turned on but the hdmi didn't pick it up.
>>
Do any of you guys know we're I can find a Crosair 650 watt Manuel I think we may messed the order or placement of the wires that connect to the power supply it's self.
>>
>>17015348
Since the power supply is from his brothers old rig.
>>
>>17015339
The mobo usually force the onboard GPU as the primary display device. Since you haven't even got to the part to set dual monitor, you should turn off the onboard so that the OS could identify your GTX as the primary display.
Alternatively you could plug the hdmi(or vga) to the onboard and see if the monitor works.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.