[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop caring about what some people in my life think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1342128488095.png (5 KB, 399x452) Image search: [Google]
1342128488095.png
5 KB, 399x452
How do I stop caring about what some people in my life think about me ?
The long story is that when some people in my life get angry at me or they criticize me in a bad way I get depressed and I feel like shit. How do I change this.
>>
Someone similar happened to me recently, now if it happens I just ignore it, and I don't react at what they say, I just move on. I guess is similar for every person, but for you might be different.
>>
>>17011833

before you respond to criticism, contemplate it. to 'stop caring what people think about me' is only healthy when its irrelevant. but sometimes we got a lot of growing to do.

confidence should not turn to ego.

when you do acknowledge something is wrong, why be depressed? criticism implies you can change or get better. and if you dont want to, try and take pride in that.
>>
>>17011841
Even when I ignore it, it does affect my mood. I find myself feeling like shit and when I reflect back it's always that.
>>17011844
I do take criticism positively. I'm talking about words that are intended to hurt not a criticism in a good positive way.
>>
>>17011879
>>17011879

then its not criticis, its someone being an asshole. if they are still 'correct' then use that as fuel to do better. nothing feels better than proving someone wrong.

i spent like 6 years doing that, and still they insulted me, but i was able to stand tall cuz of the two of us, I was the only one who finished what we set out to do, and had pretty massive success because of it. but he doesnt care cuz he 'still cringes' when he sees my work.

i still get worked up thinking about it, but it doesnt kill me cuz i know i kicked ass. do the same. go kick ass.

and if they are wrong, then why are you mad? those kinds of people are laughable really. find their insecurity, and pick at it next time they start trouble.

for instance
>got hired to write a script
>talk to friend i havent heard from in awhile
>he tells me its not good to brag
>i said im not bragging, im just sharing my accomplishments
>'dont get mad breh, you wouldnt get mad at a doctor for giving medical advice would you?'
>'a doctor went to medical school for 8 years. you dropped out of film school. maybe if you had any accomplishments to celebrate, you wouldnt get so pissy that others do'.

suffice to say never heard from him again. if you cant think of one in the moment, sit on it, and wait til next time. theres always a next time.
>>
>>17011906
I can make anyone feel like shit in a matter of seconds. Comebacks come naturally to me. However I hate doing that because I'll hurt people with it and then I'll feel bad because I hurt them.
I don't want to hurt people I just want not to be hurt
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.