[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I live in an expensive city without an education or rich
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 700x700
How do I live in an expensive city without an education or rich parents
>>
>>17011380
Shitty neighbourhoods.
Depending on where you live look for the place where blacks or muslims are most concentrayed. Go live there.
>>
>>17011397
Yeah basically thus
>>
>>17011397
I keep hearing that even living with the blacks is expensive as fuck and they all have subsidized and public housing
>>
>>17011380
Hello from the most expensive rental market in the United States!

Assuming you really need to live in the city proper, and not some smaller or cheaper place nearby, what you would do here is live with a lot of roommates. Ideally a situation where one of the roommates has been in the apartment a long time, because while this town does have apartments that rent for well over $10,000 a month, it also has very strong rent control laws. I live in a two bedroom condo. If I had to rent it, I would pay at least $4500. But I know people who have been in places about as large and about as nice that pay a quarter of what I would pay, because they've been there for ten+ years. Can sometimes get lucky with under the table sublets, too.

As the above anons suggest, out-of-the-way, unfashionable, or dangerous neighborhoods are likely to be cheapest
>>
Sell weed
>>
>>17011496
>subsidized and public housing
oh, yeah, that is another tool--apply for Section 8 housing subsidies and/or public housing, although public housing is probably impossible for a single male without a family to get into.
>>
>>17011519
>apply for Section 8 housing subsidies and/or public housing
Good luck. Unless he's a single parent, I doubt OP can get any of that. Best he could get is food stamps probably if he's poor.
>>
>>17011737
I know several single people without kids who have Section 8. You have to be employed, financially independent (no parental or other support), and poor. It's a bureaucratic hassle but can definitely be done. Public housing is almost entirely for families or the disabled, though.
>>
>>17011380
Roommates. Working as a server usually is living wage in most big expensive cities cuz of tips and shit.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.