[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I attend the arts institute?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: qagBfUfM15.jpg (14 KB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
qagBfUfM15.jpg
14 KB, 384x216
I want to get a BA in audio production.

>My older brothers friend dropped out for whatever reason, took the same course
>My brothers friend said the employment rate after is like 15%
>Expensive af
>>
Coming from a highschool student who literally just talked with a representative of the college and was convinced that this is where I should go because he was so nice, and that it shouldn't be about the money
>>
>>17010435
Why do you need to go to an art school to become my barista at the end of the day?
>>
>>17010456
I won't i'll become famous af yo

all jokes aside, it'd be a great way to show off.

just kidding, i just don't want to be in debt for the rest of my life so i want to goto an art school where it actually counts
>>
>>17010435
The Ai is not very well-regarded here in San Francisco--seen as a kind of a money-grubbing, so-so-education-providing racket. Rich international kids who will never need a real job or come from somewhere an art degree from a US diploma mill might impress people get sent their by their parents.

Before you apply, have a long talk with the admissions people about actual job placement rates, and placement assistance, for their alumni. Ask to talk to a grad of the program. Are your parents rich? I can't imagine a junior audio engineer (with a recording studio? TV? Film?) is going to make enough money to pay back giant loans any time soon.

I have a friend who got a similar degree (from some school in New York), was never able to get a job using it (although the bands he plays with as a hobby now have beautifully recorded demos). He eventually went back to college and got a second degree in CS to actually find work.

>If it's your passion and you are really wealthy, might as well, but generally this is something I'd recommend against.
>>
>>17010479
Not as wealthy here..

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130710204102AAKTsKA

Despite every negative, a concept such as this would be considered a dream of mine.

But there is a community college that has a music tech. program, and maybe I can later on transfer to Digipen, which is basically a video game college that offers a BA in music and sound design.
>>
>>17010469
Going to Ai is the fastest way to be in debt for the rest of your life. Those employment statistics they spout are based if you get any job after college, including a barista.
>>
>>17010469

dont want to be in debt? how much debt will you have out of school? those private schools are for-profit dude. it is a scam for young suckers like you. of course the recruiting guy is nice, he is a salesman. go to any community college, they have lots of classes like that and way cheaper. yoiu dont need a fucking BA for audio, jeez that is a two year community college degree. but the only way to make money is to eventually own your own studio or production. i would guess the competiton is fierce and the openings are rare, and there is no shortage of wannabes like you, you would probably have more look being a youtube star and getting clickad income.
>>
>>17010479

yes, but the admissions people will lie to your face, just like military recruiting people, its their job. only one question to ask: is school for-profit or not, if so, dont go, you will end up way in debt and no job to pay it off with, google it, there are tons of nightmare stories out there, go to community college, its cheap and thats what its there for,
>>
>>17010501

if its your dream, go for it, just DONT go into lots of debt for it
>>
>>17010501
>https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130710204102AAKTsKA

jeebus man, i read that link and its worse than i thought. what a scam. of course, design 'degrees' that art tards think look cool, then load them up with debt while you rake in the bucks for your wealthy CEO slimeball. Is Angelo Mozillo running AI?

"If you go with AI you'll be folding clothes at Target or hawking video
games at Toys R Us for $8.25 an hour and struggling to pay $90,000+
with bill collectors haunting your every waking moment for the REST OF
YOUR LIFE with no way to stop them because there is no bankruptcy
protection on Student loans.
Please please please make sure you check out these news articles
below. Many are accounts from students, staff, and teachers of AI.
Feel free to check YELP ("Filtered results" as well.) "
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.