[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /adv/, What does this mean? I am a girl trying to hang out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_9498.png (139 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9498.png
139 KB, 640x1136
hey /adv/,

What does this mean? I am a girl trying to hang out with a guy that I miss and care about. Why is he putting me on standby?

What do I do?

I don't know how to respond to this ambivalent text.
>>
>>17010121
He said you'd figure it out, he's not saying no he just doesn't want to commit to any specific plans.

If he's enjoying hanging out with you then he'll keep hanging out with you, if not then he'll bail early.
>>
He's an alpha, or trying to give off the impression that he's one. His time is valuable as he is a busy guy.
>>
WHAT DO I SAY?

I am so confused with his reaction. He is completely unsure about me, and ambivalent on even hanging out with me.

What the fuck is his problem?

I feel like slapping him upside the head to make a real decision.
>>
Side-question here from not OP: How do I get girls this desperate for D?
>>
>>17010135
make sure they are fat or have issues :]
>>
>>17010135
Be named brian.
>>
>>17010121
I hate when people like like retards as fully grown functioning adults.
>>
File: IMG_9500.png (129 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9500.png
129 KB, 640x1136
>>
>>17010133
u serious? I just replied to him thinking that this is true.

>>17010170
>>
>>17010160
Did you mean
>type like retards
Because I totally get it, but it's ironic and amusing that autocorrect screwed you at this specific post.

Who says she a fully functioning adult?
>>
>>17010170
Jesus fucking Christ please type like a normal human being. Argh, this literally makes me think you're twelve years old or something.
>>
>>17010178
It wasn't even autocorrect. It was just me fucking up. At least the word I made a mistake on was still spelled correctly.
>>
>>17010181
oops. Ok, I'm sorry I will type like a fully functioning adult.

hah.

Maybe that's why he's not excited about replying to my text messages?
>>
>>17010181
Not OP but I don't see how it's childish typing. Seems fairly informal but ok to me.
>>
>>17010191
How the fuck can people type like this without it being ironic.

i honestly cnt imagin ppl actually writin lyk this all the time xD

It probably takes an extra 0.5 seconds out of your life to type words correctly. It's dead fucking easy.
>>
>>17010191
You should type in comparison to the person you're talking to, he's using correct spelling, etc. so in this situation it's better for her to mimick the spelling style.
>>
>>17010190
Come the fuck on though girl. I barely even did this shit back in the days of MSN. You want some advice? Type like a functioning adult would. Pretend you were a stenographer.
>>
>>17010196
Fine. I'll mimic his style of language. He's probably not going to reply to me tonight and head off to bed.

I guess I have lost his game?

Should I let it go and make other plans for now? I am not willing to wait around until he makes a decision. I always try to do something out of the norm on weekends as a nice break for myself.
>>
>>17010205
Why do you type like a decrepit retard via text yet not on 4chan?
>>
>>17010205
Focus elsewhere OP. He's either not interested, playing mind games, or just being dumb. Not worth it. Imagine how bad it'll be if you end up as close friends or even dating.
>>
>>17010198
One of my friends always speaks to me using improper grammar on purpose. I have gotten used to his dumbed down language and communication style.

I'll try my best to break out of this habit.
>>
>>17010205
Sure, go see a movie, a new one with Melissa McCarthy just came out today I think, I'm not sure if it's good because I only saw a poster but you should see a movie anyway.

You can even ask him if he wants to come, or tell him about your experience and ask what he did on the weekend if he doesn't contact you.
>>
>>17010209
I have known him since August of last year and have hung out with him many times. I haven't seen him in a few months and am dieing to reconnect with him again.

I don't know what his problem is. In previous text messages he was happy that I was reaching out to him.

I just want to see his face again. That's all. Even it is a quick hi. I'll be ok with that.
>>
>>17010212
It's a terrible habit. It's not even about trying to impress others. Just take in pride in your speech and grammar. It makes you come across as stupid. I'm not going to sugar coat it.
>>
>>17010217
>dieing
dying
>>
File: IMG_9501.png (126 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9501.png
126 KB, 640x1136
ok he replied. thanks guys.
>>
>>17010256
It was probably the grammar and spelling that coerced him into replying, which is good, what are you going to do this him? I subject scheduling an actual activity.
>>
>>17010271
>this
*with
>>
File: IMG_9502(2).png (141 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9502(2).png
141 KB, 640x1136
>>17010271
I am thinking about it. He is currently in a cast recovering from an injury, so I asked him about his ability to walk.
>>
>>17010284
Guys, is this an appropriate answer? With using "yeah" instead of "yes".

I don't want to be so formal about communicating with him, but I suppose at this point it may be required to force him to respond to me.

In the past he has complained about some of my texts being rude when I got frustrated with him.
>>
>>17010121
Let me translate this

I am vehemently against actually scheduling plans so that way if someone I like more asks me to hang out I can tell you that I'm busy and cancel on you without feeling like I did anything wrong, but if I can't find anything better to do I know that you're my rebound plan :)

Forcing him to make a decision will get a response out of him but be careful if this sort of ambiguity in the future because it usually means you're not his #1 choice and will ditch you if something better comes along
>>
>>17010298
You could afford to use commas instead of periods, and the yeah is perfectly fine.
>>
>>17010303
>>17010284
It looks like whatever she was doing worked.
>>
>>17010303

He is my number one choice.

It looks like he is taking me more seriously after using proper grammar to get him to communicate clearly with me.

I called him out on this ambiguity if you read through my posts, and he caved in on scheduling a time with me.

Thank you so much guys for helping me to get him to talk to me. The proper grammar is all it took. You guys must have read his mind completely. We are both in higher education but I do like to keep it informal through text messaging.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.