[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He's quite a bit younger than me. His mom is a weird anorexic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1456435307269.jpg (46 KB, 635x600) Image search: [Google]
1456435307269.jpg
46 KB, 635x600
He's quite a bit younger than me. His mom is a weird anorexic who probably has had addiction problems. When she would walk in a room, I dunno you could call it a vibe. She gave off an unpleasant person vibe. He got shipped to a state in the mideast U.S. When I first met him again after 4-5 years, he was like "you're the greatest".

He's a son of a friend I have who's much older than me. At first, his stepgrandmother, my older friends mom, asked me to tutor him. He would talk to me about his problems, or otherwise distract from getting some simple high school level math done.

At one point we were taking a break and he was talking to me and telling me stories about his life. He told me about one time he was talking with a group of friends online and then mentioned to one about his dad trying to strangle him to death back east just to see how one of those friends would react, and then he got scared by the friend trying to talk to him about it and cut off contact. He's told me about some girl that went up to him for no reason and groped him and said that he knew he wanted it, during school time. Hes told his step-grandmother about a girl who gets angry with him and hits him in class for no reason.

Me being gullible, normally I would just pass it off but I have had a few ex-friends that turn out to be drama seeking people who hurt myself and others because it suited their purposes, and Im wondering whats the chance of that here. Its got this wierd push pull thing going on me because even though I shouldn't care I fear about rejection a lot. Every time we're all together with friends and family, he'll say we should definitely hang out sometime, and last time I said if he talks to his step-grandma, who he is living with, and she's okay with it, we can. Then he never tries to talk on facebook or anything.

What might be a twist is that people can find me cold or unfriendly because I don't often reach out first, so I'm not sure if he feels like I'm turning him away
>>
>>17009810
I mean, I have a problem doing regular relationship maintenance even with people that I really respect. I guess its a collage of my apprehension as well as my experience from the past that makes me wary of even being friendly to him.

Anyway, he has stopped getting tutor lessons by me even though his grades are slipping, and Im worried that it was because he felt I didn't know enough or that he wasn't learning anything, but sometimes I think these are irrational and he just doesn't want to do it, as last time I went over, he said he had nothing to do but didnt call me, so we ended up just talking, and I gave him some math exercises to do for the next time we met. He chose not to ask for a second time.

The really strange thing is that when his family and me do get together, he always wants to sit next to me.

I'm just confused. Is my intuition that he's kind of manipulative and underhanded and fake, probably due to his past life, correct? Is he just playing a part? Is it possible I offended him or made him think less of me because I would sometimes have to work to find answers for math questions, or when he'd want to talk "serious" with me and I'd show that there's a lot of things I don't know about life even though I'm older?
>>
>>17009810
>>17009823

At one point I repeated a story he told me to someone else and he said that he never said that. He also said that he knew I didnt like tutoring so I didnt have to do it.
>>
What do you think about this problem ?
>>
>>17009810
You're too self-conscious. Stop that. Why do you even care what strangers think about you?! Choose few dear people who you care about. And only give fucks about what they're thinking about you. Don't over think social shit. If you have time to think about that kind of Bullshits better invest your time in something more meaningful. Help your mom doing household chores. Or learn playing an instrument. Or go watch some anime.
>>
>>17009992
You're probably right. I've had people shit talk me and hate me for no reason, I've had others want to know me for no reason apparent to me.
>>
>>17009810
Is there a question in any of this? You are dealing with a confused, possibly mentally disturbed young man. Are you considering a sexual relationship? Probably a bad idea. A big-sibling relationship? You sound like you've got confusions of your own that might do him more harm than good. An arm's-length friendship? Probably the best idea.
>>
>>17010506
>Are you considering a sexual relationship? Probably a bad idea.

Fuck no?

Im just confused that he's sending mixed signals. He keeps asking to hang out, but only when we're around his family. I asked him once if he still felt like it and he'd asked his grandparents, he said no, he's going to help his grandma today, because she deserves a night off. Never asked after this, and he never tried asking me.

It not only feels one sided, it feels like its just gaming.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.