[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Older guys of /adv/, when did you start getting fat? As in starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1459791619001.jpg (97 KB, 563x471) Image search: [Google]
1459791619001.jpg
97 KB, 563x471
Older guys of /adv/, when did you start getting fat? As in starting to grow a gut and getting softer in everything? I'm 23 and still have a youthful tight thin body. wanna know how much longer I have left like this.
>>
>>17008361
One doesn't magically become fat. It's a combination of poor diet, lack of activity, genetics. Generally speaking as you get older you require less calories. Just don't overeat or become lazy.
>>
when I got a gf who wanted me to get fatter as a fetish thing
>>
When I was 12 I started getting really fat, because I quit going to school and played WoW all day.

I then lost over 100 pounds, and have maintained a nice healthy chubby body with little to no effort for the past 5 years or so.
>>
I've gotten slimmer as I've aged, not fatter. People become slaves to their lifestyles rather than realizing the point of adulthood, which is to enjoy the most freedom that one has ever had.

I do find myself with a slightly larger appetite but that only means I have to eat more volume, not more garbage. Salad is a wonderful thing.
>>
>>17008361

30 year old anon here...

I am not fat but I dont have that "Thin youthful" body any longer and honestly wouldn't want to look like that. At about 27 I started to "thicken up".

If you eat healthy, you won't get fat. I actually like where I am at now, in between youthful and that cliche' "dad body" which women seem to love (get more pussy now than I ever did when I was in my early 20s)

I personally wouldn't worry about it. As you get older your personality changes and you stop caring about appearance per se but focus more on overall health (if you are smart).

I would rather look like Gerard Butler than Justin Bieber
>>
>>17008361
31 year old here.

around my mid to late 20's i noticed i was not metabolizing garbage food efficiently. And weigh started to go up.
>>
>>17008400
>healthy
>chubby
Pick one and only one
>>
I'm not fat, but I do have a gut. It's mostly because I live a pretty sedentary lifestyle. I plan on starting to run in the mornings when the weather warms up, though. I already have a relatively low-calorie diet usually.

Just stay active, don't eat pizza every day, etc.
>>
My dad gained weight after having a baby
>>
>>17008361
Getting fat is just a matter of 'cal in v. cal out' if you start getting fat, spend more calories or consume less.

age has little to do with it (metabolism or whatever) except older people move less, thus burn less cal. think about it... your body gets shittier at everything as it ages... except its supposed to become more and more efficient at utilizing calories so you end up storing more? makes no sense.

You can be 50 and have a 6 pack if you choose. Just dont be a lazy faggot
>>
>>17008361
havent yet, despite my best efforts
>>
>>17008430
Same. I'm 27. I went from underweight to overweight in a few months when my body stopped handling pizza, beer and junk food. It's taken concerted effort to control my spot on the body mass index.
>>
>>17008855
This is a lie.
>>
>>17009407
Care to back up your own claims?

/fit/ sticky backs up what that guy said and so does science (read: people who study this shit and not some faggots running clickbait websites)
>>
For as long as you continue to burn more calories than you consume.
>>
I just turned thirty and my bodyweight is still pretty good, too skinny if anything. I can give myself a hangover a little easier and I get horrible muscle spasms in my back a couple times a year, other than that I have yet to suffer from aging.
>>
>>17009407
>thermodynamics is a lie

wew lad
>>
>>17008361

If you don't work out, you are seriously not doing that one thing all the semi-passable human beings do.
>>
Late 20's. I was always around 150 lbs then around 26-27 I noticed I started gaining weight while my lifestyle and diet were still pretty much the same. I was at 165 lbs this time last year. So I started exercising and eating healthy. Now I'm down to 142 and almost have a 6 pack. I'll be 30 in a few months and I feel great.

I'm 5'11" for reference. So at 165 I wasn't fat but I was getting there. Now I'm pretty lean and have good muscle definition. I'm almost ready to go play volleyball with Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.