[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dating a girl with anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: tv-front.png (118 KB, 623x471) Image search: [Google]
tv-front.png
118 KB, 623x471
True anxiety, not the emo instagram anxiety.

What's best ways to deal with this, low self esteem all the time, crying all the time, stressed all the time, and on her period it somehow gets even worse.
>>
Just adjust to her, until your relationship gets serious, you can't change her. If it's too much for you, you will have wasted effort. Unless it's so serious it needs medication, anxiety is who she is. Kill her and be done with it.
>>
>>17007654
Give her the D
>>
>>17007673
It's serious, and she's on medication.

i just want to help, but i'm not good at it.
>>
>>17007706
yeah man, deal with it, better hanging out with her when she's relaxed right? you best get creative, I can't think of anything to do but stay indoors for all of eternity.
>>
>>17007654
That's emo anxiety, I have anxiety and only cry when someone tries to talk to me.
>>
File: cant.gif (501 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
cant.gif
501 KB, 200x150
>>
File: 1326457189074.jpg (29 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
1326457189074.jpg
29 KB, 400x325
Probably not much of a future there, OP.

For people with GAD, there are two archtypes: those that work to manage their anxiety through a series of therapies, behavioral modification and compensatory measures, and those who just bounce around like the ball in a pinball game collecting points for just being there via the enablement and sympathy of others.

Which one is your GF? I did a year of therapy, 6 months of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (to design a workable treatment plan), and manage my anxiety through reflection and an exercise program. It's highly effective, as I can't take medication because of the nature of my job, which is insanely stressful.
I've taken part in group therapies, as well, with fellow anxiety sufferers. The only condition to membership was that each person had to be actively attempting to manage their anxiety using all the tools at hand.

If your GF couldn't join a group with those requirements, she's not trying to manage her anxiety. Eating pills is only a VERY small part of that- drug therapy is only effective as a palliative measure- it's not a treatment by itself.

My advice is to stay with her if she's working at her anxiety issues and making progress. It's very easy for anxiety to become an excuse to fuck off and be a waste of a human life. If she's going that route, run. You'll just get shit on in the process, and it won't help either of you.
>>
>>17007759
She tries hard. She goes to therapy once a week, but it usually ends up being twice a month instead.
She works, and is stressed at her job as well. I never planned on not sticking with her, I just feel like I'm not doing enough to help sometimes.
>>
>>17007770
beyond trying to listen and be nice, YOU can't help. She has to learn how to manage her anxiety and live her life. You're not a psychiatrist or CBT therapist are you? Than you can't help her more than by doing what you're doing now.
Relationships are two way, also, OP. If you're giving more than receiving, what's the point? Mother Theresa is already a saint. You can't compete with her.
>>
>>17007759
She's a skin picker, bad. We've talked about it before. I think I'm just going to get her some stylish gloves and convince her we're doing this, cold turkey. Is that a good idea, would that be a waste of time, is that even really a problem I should be worrying about?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.