[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Achieve Higher Energy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
How can I achieve higher energy levels?

I notice that some people seem to run like machines. Like they are just go go go sunup to passed sundown and they can run on 2 hours of sleep as if they slept 8.

I'm in decent shape, I work out at least three time a week. I eat pretty well rounded. I try to sleep at least 7 hours a night.

Are there any changes in diet or routine I can try?

I feel that my motivation is there, but I can't help but get fidgety after 7 hours of work, and working passed 11, my brain just slowly starts shutting off and the quality of my work goes to shit.

Is is just genetics? So high energy people are fat guys passed 50 yet seem to be always 100% on all the time, other are micro vegetarians.

I have the will, how do I get the drive? How do i become a machine?
>>
Do you exercise in the morning?
>>
I think it is, to some extent, determination. When you have a passion/drive for something, this almost seems to transcend physical limitations. Enabling you to just really go balls to the walls.
>>
>>17006053
Get diagnosed with ADD. I have a prescription for 25mg of vyvanse every day and I notice a huge difference between days that I do take it and days that I don't.

However, it does kind of turn you into a zombie. The way I act makes me more introverted and focused on preforming tasks instead of anything else.

I'd recommend taking a smaller dosage, but taking this has made a major impact on how I act.
>>
>>17006059
I normally just do a few stretches. My current girlfriend and senior college life have fucked my sleep schedule, but I've never had the gogogo energy level of some of my peers.

>>17006068
The problem is I can push through physically, but I become mentally exhausted. I work as a technical artist, I have to be brutally accurate technically while connecting emotionally to people. It's very mentally exhausting, when I try to push for an all nighters, I feel my mind just falling asleep. I can force myself into the chair, make myself miserable but then I turn around and look at the work and it's slop.

Some of my peers can pull an all-nighter, wake up sip a cup of coffee and then they look fresh as a spring chicken. When I try an all nighter, I'm virtually useless the next day until I get a nap, and feel like shit.
>>
See >>17006068
>passion and drive

I can get more production done in one day than most people at my job can in 2-3 days. How? I'll work non-stop without taking a break all day and only take a 10 minute lunch then work the other 20 minutes of my lunch break. Why? Because I want to be the best at what I do, and I am, but I also want to keep getting better. I've cut hours of a lot of different procedures at my company. Tasks that used to take 40 hours. I've knocked down to 30 hours and shown even better quality of work. It's all because I take an incredible amount of pride in my work and want it to show but at the same time by working literally non-stop I get the job done faster. Both of those aspects combined make all my work look really good.

I like knowing there isn't a single person at my location or even in our whole company that's as good as I am at what I do. Am I full of myself? Maybe a little but I've earned it and I'm gonna keep earning it.
>>
>>17006074
A lot of people pop adderall to study around me. I really loathe the idea of relying on drugs, but I can't deny some of my friends pop those things and just read a 200 page manual and only get up to piss like once.

What is the cost?

I'd rather be natural, but I honestly wouldn't mind trying a clutch boost.
>>
>>17006093
Do you have any regimes as far as exercise or diet? How do you keep your energy on par with your ambition?
>>
>>17006101
I don't know, I don't pay for it since it is mostly covered by my insurance. I actually have ADD though, but I realize that the symptoms for it are very easy to fake. I get coupons from my neurologist, and get a bottle that lasts me about two months for $40.
>>
I have the opposite problem of OP: I have very high endurance but it's hard for me to get focused on work.
>>
>>17006111
I exercise 6 days a week. 3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio at 3 miles a run. I rest on Sunday. I eat pretty healthy. Lots of chicken, fish, occasional lean steak, steamed veggies, fruits. Nothing processed. Two cups of coffee every morning. I don't sleep enough during the week. Maybe 5 hours a night. Friday night I'll sleep probably 10 hours though.

Right now it's honestly been hard to keep my energy and ambition up considering the industry I'm in is in downturn and there's layoffs left and right. It's hard to really care when you know you could get laid off for no reason. Being good at my job has helped me survive 5 rounds of layoffs but again it's still hard to come to work and actually care anymore. Sometimes I'll get demotivated but I'll just start working to get my mind off things and before I know it I'm back in the swing. Working hard just comes naturally to me. I like the way it feels getting things done and done well.

I've always worked hard no matter the circumstances. Ever since I started working at 15 at shitty jobs up until now at 29 with a good job. I think I got it from my father. He also worked very hard and instilled good work qualities in me.

Is this wanting to push yourself harder a new thing? Or it is something you've lost?
>>
>>17006161
I've always pushed myself in my classes. I can't stand when someone is better than me. My industry is also very competitive.

I still feel that I'm beating all my class peers, but I sometimes think I'm resting on a lead I've built up over time and not pushing as hard. I'm also two years older than most of my peers, I got a late start working to pay for college.

Your fitness regime makes me feel I've got serious re-gearing to do. I'm realizing I don't keep the tight schedule I used to. Part of it is my girlfriend, she's a night owl, she stay up until 5 am commonly, to do work. I prefer to wake up before the sun rises and get my work done earlier so I can enjoy hiking or running of fishing before bed. Maybe i need to just tell her that she needs to just deal with me getting back on track.
>>
>>17006059
>exercise in the morning
I tried lifting in the early morning. Absolutely amazing, I feel like the day is longer.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.