[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >22 >2 years into medical school. Got in for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: stress.jpg (1 MB, 4752x3168) Image search: [Google]
stress.jpg
1 MB, 4752x3168
>be me
>22
>2 years into medical school. Got in for job security and $$$
>feel enormous stress everytime i open anatomy book
>just want the pain to end
>can't find a proper alternative..i like languages, but looks like getting a career that is somewhat lucrative is difficult.
>gf left me because i was stressing her too much
>feel even more stressed, can't study.
>>
story of my life anon
>>
>>17003701
Fuck. Same thing here bro, you're not alone. It'll get better. You'll go through all the emotions and eventually you'll accept it because your career is going to lead you onto better things. Someone who isn't there during the tough times (albeit this one of yours is minor) doesn't deserve you. Chin up bro date some med chicks
>>
>>17003717
she was a med chic.
>>
>>17003707
where do you study?
>>
the trick to getting through med school is to give up all notions of doing anything else but studying for med school, find a zen place in your psyche where you can just be a study-bot and try and stay there.

For me (law school) the worst was always came after I took winter/summer break... I would have trouble getting back into that mentality for the first few weeks, and then I would have an emotional breakdown, flip out, and then finally after all the tears and empty tequila bottles I'd accept my fate for the rest of the semester (and it was easy to just study study study non-stop)
>>
>>17003729
Thanks for the heads up. Then date a non med chick
>>
>>17003745
Hahaha best thing I've read
>>
>>17003701
Sorry, anon. Job/personal life balance can be a struggle. My advice would be to keep thinking about the future. Even if you aren't too happy right now with all the studying or your career choice, you will likely make decent money and have good job security later. What you do for a living is not all that defines you, and money and security will mean you have more options to spend your free time following your other passions. You're still young. This is not all your life will be. Hang in there!
>>
As someone who just finished med school and matched into residency, the best piece of advice I can give you for managing stress is to find an outlet.
For me, that was working out. I would hit the gym at least 3-4 times a week, and just pour everything out in a healthy and productive way. I felt much better afterwards.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.