[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 8709274.jpg (32 KB, 290x386) Image search: [Google]
8709274.jpg
32 KB, 290x386
Share your working experiences and how you aim to stop being a wagecuck/how you achieved that cush NEET life

Ill be applying to work at a call center because lol school is almost over and I only have $200 in my pocket and I need money asap
Pls tell me how bad its going to be
>pic unrelated
>>
I worked in a call center for a week and quit. I was only allowed 5 mins of bathroom breaks and was expected to work 45 hours a week. My supervisor would yell at me while I was taking calls all the time.
You are better off starting your own business in what you are best at than working for someone in this day and age.
>>
>>17002565

worked in a call center, wasnt bad. it ws inconsistent though. if you didnt get lucky in the early hours they sent you home early, so you never actually knew how much you were bringing home. yuo werent expected to last 30 days cuz its a high turn over system to avoid paying people benefits. knew one guy who lasted two years but they threw him out suddenly cuz his luck ran out.

they praised me one day for getting $150 dollar donation o nmy first call, then fired me a week later on my birthday for only getting about two donations a day.
>>
>>17002577
Lol how many bathroom breaks do you need?

>>17002605
yea, ive heard similar stories of them letting you go if you get too good because there will always be a monkey coming in like me to do your work so they wont have to give you a raise
Who were you calling and what for exactly?
What was your worst call?
>>
>>17002652

they dont fire you for doing too good. they fire you cuz your numbers dip and they dont want to have to pay insurance. if you consistently bring in high numbers they do move you up to a REALLY classy office where you talk to millionnaires and convince them to donate into the thousands.

>who were you calling for exactly

we did tele fundraising mostly for democratic, left wing type places. the DNCC of course, but also planned parenthood, some animal rights groups, etc. in my time there we got like one right wing place.

>what was your worst call

pretty sure i talked to a ghost
>hello is mr. smith there?
>This is his step daughter...
>hey there, would you mind putting your dad on the phone?
>no... someone forgot him (her voice went from soft and sad to a little cheery at this point)
>she hangs up

but non supernatural call? some old guy mad that i was calling cuz his son donated to the DNCC, but he himself was a hardcore republican. talked to me for 15 minutes about this and htat and the third thing, i dont even remember. i just kept saying 'uh huh'. i didnt mind really, and the guy running the lfoor asked us to stay on the phone for as long as possible cuz what is important was our percentage, not the number of calls we made (if we were getting very few donations, we'd have up to 5 minutes inbetween calls cuz they were tryna slow down our failure rate)
>>
Worked Best Buy retail for six years. I enjoyed explaining tech and helping people find the equipment to do what they wanted, but in the last year the company really shifted focus from customer service to pushing protection plans and credit cards. I went from being praised for my customer service skills to constantly coached because of underperforming sales goals.

I decided there was no future there, and I've been teaching English in Japan for the past year and a half.

Obviously this isn't a career either, but I'm going to enjoy it for the time being and think about my next step.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.