[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that suicide is "selfish"? I mean if no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8
Is it true that suicide is "selfish"? I mean if no one will really miss you then what is harm? I don't understand how it's selfish.
>>
>>17002076

It's viewed as selfish precisely for the reason you outlined, in the context of circumstances you described.
>>
People are inherently selfish so that advice is also selfish.

It's your life, do what you want with it.

As someone who's been where you are though I'd advise you to get a few second opinions before you do anything rash. And read some articles about how suicides have effected family members and friends.

Besides that, your life, do with it what you want. Make sure your suicide method is flawless though, you don't want to end up dying painfully, or becoming disabled or whatever.
>>
>>17002089
I know how it would effect some family members. I know my mom would probably be devastated at first, but would accept it after a few weeks. I already fucked up my sucide. I don't think things through ( I'm not very intelligent at all) and I was brought to the hospital . They are keeping me in a special ward so they can make sure I don't try to kill myself. How is this even legal?
>>
I tried to kill myself once. Eh, you are only thinking about yourself at the moment but I guess it depends OP
>>
>>17002104
I am thinking about others actually,others would be safer.
>>
>>17002076
>if no one will really miss you
very rare that this is actually the case, no matter what you think. Its only really true for drifter types who have no connections to anything, and the people that care about them like family already think they're dead.
>>
suicide is amoral.
>>
>>17002166
Ok, well I guess its normal to feel bad. I'm sure after a few weeks or a couple months they would forget
>>
It's selfish because, as it always said it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I get it you've had a shit day or week or whatever. There are people with I guarantee you a much more difficult life than you, and in actually have nothing they can do about it. You are allowing yourself to give up any possible opportunity to get better or make it better and yet you take the easy way out. Leaving people that do love you, but you refuse to acknowledge them as a way to distance yourself. I had a friend that I tried desperately to keep alive, she would always fight me argued with me pushing me away from her. "You don't know, you don't understand" type shit. And yeah I'll admit it I didn't, though that was no reason for me to not try and help her. Her parents got her therapists which she would never go to. Not once. I lost that friend she is gone and had the nerve to say she had no one. I cried out of anger for so long when she left. Her family lives day to day for almost 3 years no without their daughter, and they tried desperately to keep with them. They live with the guilt of not being able to protect their own child. She left leaving so many friends and loved ones sad, angry, and guilty. And for what? She got rid of her pain and now left it on everyone she left behind. I had another friend that I'm glad to say I saved, but by literally slapping the shit outta her. And honesty she had a worst history than the one that did kill herself. She turned it all around, she graduated highschool with a 4.4. She goes to a state university, and on the side volunteers at her church and tells depressed teens her story, and helps them through, and recently got engaged to a great guy. She is the happiest she has ever been in such a long time.
>>
>>17002076
>I don't understand how it's selfish.
it's selfish because a lot of people both living and dead have put time and effort into seeing you birthed and raised. Mistakes were made, but a lot of people have died so that you can live. I would say it's pretty selfish to just off yourself. What, mother nature couldn't kill your ancestors, but don't worry you'll just do the job yourself? Heh.

however, I don't think suicide is "wrong." If you don't want to be here and you feel that you fully understand the consequences of what you're doing, then leave. It's your body, your choice.

But it's still selfish.
>>
>>17002210
>It's selfish because, as it always said it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I get it you've had a shit day or week or whatever. There are people with I guarantee you a much more difficult life than you, and in actually have nothing they can do about it. You are allowing yourself to give up any possible opportunity to get better or make it better and yet you take the easy way out.

Why shouldn't I kill myself if I see other guys getting successful fuck buddies or short term relationships with hot girls?

They're everything I wish I could be but can't no matter how much I try to emulate those successful guys.

>it's selfish because a lot of people both living and dead have put time and effort into seeing you birthed and raised.

Oh fuck off, they made you without consulting you. You had no choice to be born.
>>
>>17002210
>I don't think suicide is "wrong."
>But it's still selfish.

There is a problem here
>>
>>17002232
Like I said it more of trying not to hurt other people, as inknowing myself I'd probably end up hurting someone.
>>
>>17002232
>it's selfish because a lot of people both living and dead have put time and effort into seeing you birthed and raised.

This is the same kind of reasoning people use for sex.

>I put a lot into a girl. Gave her flowers, bought her dinner, maybe jewelry, and she still hasn't put out.

If you only give people a gift so they'll like you or do what you want, then you're even more selfish than the person who takes your gift but doesn't do what you want, like a child of your committing suicide.
>>
>>17002246
Yeah, the problem is that people call you selfish for suicide because of all everyone has invested into you, when women have fought long to be able to just take any investment from anyone and give nothing in return.

It directly contradicts SJW narrative.
>>
>>17002252
What? The problem is that the post's logic does not make sense. You can't say that you think something is not morally wrong and then make a morally negative judgement of it.
>>
>>17002076
Even if you don't see them much people you met years ago will act like it's such a loss that you are gone. If you have any living relatives they'll probably be upset, even if you don't talk. Someone will have to clean up your corpse and pay for a funeral and/or disposal of your body. All of that is selfish.
>>
>>17002256

I just told you, its because they're trying to reason it out under the framework of SJW which says that no one owes anyone anything back for a gift, while believing that life is a gift and you owe your parents for taking care of you, which is a conservative notion.
>>
>>17002239
Now that is a super petty thing to kill yourself over. And as shit as this may seem perhaps lower your standards, or maybe the problem doesn't reside in girls not coming to you maybe it's you keeping them at bay. You clearly don't have confidence In yourself, don't be like those other guys that is literally the last thing any female would want. You don't want to be placed in the "they're all the same" category would you?
>>
>>17002250
>If you only give people a gift so they'll like you or do what you want, then you're even more selfish
And what's your point? That somehow, if the parent's behavior is selfish, that suddenly makes your behavior not selfish?

The parent's behavior is irrelevant. Society's behavior is irrelevant. The issue at hand is whether or not suicide is a selfish act - it's a selfish act. Nothing you've said has changed that.

>I put a lot into a girl. Gave her flowers, bought her dinner, maybe jewelry, and she still hasn't put out.
... yeah. Exactly. her behavior isn't "wrong" because it's her pussy and she can do with it what she wants, just like a person can off himself if he wants to, but she's still a gold digger.

Just like OP is still selfish.
>>
>>17002247
What if you have a disease like Alzheimer's and will put a burden on your family?
>>
>>17002250
My bf rarely buys me gifts and to be honest I'm perfectly content with that. When he does buy me things they are practical; things that will be of use to me whether or not I'm with him later in life. I'm happy with just spending free time with him. Girls that are constantly spoiled by their bf's more often than not abuse that, not all of them are deserving of gifts but because they are so used to being showered in them they leave when you have nothing more to offer them.
>>
>>17002086
This. Lol at how this goes over their heads.
>>
>>17002311
In the case of a terminally ill person it's different. In which case the person ill can choose in what manner they leave their family and friends. Either you leave simi early in the illness while still looking like you're everyday self still aware of everything, say the best goodbyes possible, and go easy. Or what until it's only a pained unaware husk of the person you used to be and leaving the goodbye to be done by a family member.
>>
>>17002333
Well had it been brought forward to begin with the replies would be different
>>
>>17002294
>don't be like those other guys that is literally the last thing any female would want.

Yet girls are fucking exactly those guys.

If its the last thing they want, why are they fucking them?

Derp de derp.
>>
File: 03QJ.jpg (285 KB, 700x1037) Image search: [Google]
03QJ.jpg
285 KB, 700x1037
>>17002250
>>17002239

Whoa there Turbo is this you again?
>>
>>17002386
u wot, m8?
>>
>>17002393

Chubby dude, 19, hates women and their "fuck buddies," wanted to join the Peace Corps so he could rape women and they couldn't report it, once said he was probably pretty fast because he had long legs and can sprint a few seconds pretty quickly. Virgin.

Whoever this is types just like him, it wouldn't surprise me if he was committing suicide now because people were having sex that weren't him.

I call him Turbo.

Anyways, killing yourself because other people are having sex is super fucking selfish.
>>
>>17002405
>Anyways, killing yourself because other people are having sex is super fucking selfish.

How is it selfish? You're not getting the thing you want out of life because others are choosing not to let you have them. You can't take it by force because that's rape.

>Chubby dude, 19, hates women and their "fuck buddies," wanted to join the Peace Corps so he could rape women and they couldn't report it, once said he was probably pretty fast because he had long legs and can sprint a few seconds pretty quickly.

See this? This theoretical person can't get laid, and he's going the wrong way, trying to rape girls in the Peace Corps. That isn't even a thing btw, if he's on the same side as people in the Peace Corps, he can get done by International Law, or the law of his originating country where he holds residence.

He'd have to give up citizenship first and not be technically with Peace Corp.

The point is he's going to force people to give him what he desires. Ironically, its the same as those muslims and other refugees and the gang rapes. They're getting what they desire once the threat of action against those desires disappears. They aren't doing it for power. They want to fuck a woman.

I prefer the idea of no one raping anyone, because THAT is selfish, but to tell a person not to suicide because no one will fuck them? Its their life, telling them to stay alive when they're being deprived of a human need is selfish at its core.

Like families who keep vegetables on life support.
>>
File: Selfish.jpg (385 KB, 1920x1271) Image search: [Google]
Selfish.jpg
385 KB, 1920x1271
pic related
>>
>>17002434

Okay, faux-turbo. The thing is, sex isn't a need. It's a thing some people want, but at the end of the day, it's not a need for you to survive. You're taking your ball and going home permanently, because you can't find someone to play the game with you yet.

I get that it sucks and that you want it, that there's some kind of validation that you feel like you're missing. I've been there. But at the end of the day, it probably wouldn't make you feel all that much better.

The thing is, you have this core of people who believe in you, who care about you, who invested their time and parts of themselves in you. Regardless of you asking them to or not, they did it. And at the end of the day, they're going to feel like they failed as a person, because they failed YOU. Because they failed someone they wanted to help, and wanted to see happy, and that failure at the end of the day was nothing that they could actually fix, but something that fell on you.

They'll see it as a reflection on themselves for the rest of their lives, and will think every day about what they could have done different, and why they won't see you the next time they wake up, when they die, or at any point in their lives ever again, and they'll have to endure the pain.

I hate capping something that's supposed to mean something with a petty insult, but come on man, isn't that more worthwhile than humping something til you cum?
>>
>>17002476
>The thing is, sex isn't a need.

Then being accepted by anyone isn't a need either. Neither is making as much money as a man. Neither is being treated as a human instead of an object.

Funny isn't it? So many "not needs" are demanded and screamed for by women.

No one 'needs' freedom to survive. As long as slaves don't die on a plantation, they don't "need" to be set free, because your view of a need is contingent on whether the individual survives in the short or long term and not whether or not they thrive.
>>
>>17002476
>>17002517
>>
>>17002103
>How is this even legal?
Because killing your self is illegal
>>
>>17002517

No, being accepted by people isn't as a need. People intentionally abandon society because they'd prefer to be alone.

Making as much money as someone else isn't a need either. There are many people that make more money than you or I, regardless of age sex gender or shape. No one makes "the same." The only need is to make enough money to stay alive, whether you do that for yourself or someone does that.

And being treated as a human being instead of an "object" is literally not a concern unless someone has tied you up and is using you as a chair or something. No, it is not a need.

You only "need" to live, and even then... You're not entitled to it. Literally, a need is a necessity. It means "without A, B cannot exist." Simple as that. That doesn't mean that it wouldn't be wonderful if we could all have everything we want, but we can't. "Rights" are pretty much what are only given to us by the generosity of others or the force of our own will. Whichever you want to pick, but if you take the latter, there's a chance people will take away what you "need" to exist.

There is a much nicer world out there, but don't fuck up your definitions. You "need" very little, and there are plenty of still living people on earth to prove that.
>>
>>17002476
Sex is a psychological and physiological need. Lack of Sex is associated with loneliness and exemption or lack of integration with society. Build up of pent up sexual aggression create bitterness, resent, anger and other feelings.

A lack of sex or absence of it Is something I would call a major factor in many male's lives causing them grief, stress or many problems.
>>
>>17002529
Masturbation counts.
>>
>>17002529

Maslow a shit
>>
>>17002549
Masturbation is only a band aid, it doesn't help in the long term. Probably decreases overall self worth.
>>
>>17002372
Because those girls have yet to figure their own shit out. No good girls anyway
>>
>>17002434
Pay for a fucking whore if you really want to get laid that fucking bad. No flowers necessary, just fuck pay and move on. No strings attached.
>>
It's selfish, but so what, it's your fucking life
Do what you want with it
>>
>>17002517
Sex isn't a need. Food is more a need than sex.
Like you need food, it can be any food really, but you want I dunno an apple. You don't need that apple specifically, you just wanted that Apple as the food you would eat
>>
>>17002076
Yes its selfish.
Someone has to clean up your dead body and bury you.
Tax payers have to pay to figure out the cause of death.
If you dont want to be an inconvenience than go off to a deserted island and jump off a cliff.
>>
>>17002751
Cant. Around here its illegal and even if she wants to get paid to fuck people, shes considered a sex trafficking victim, so you look like a sex predator who fucking 8 year olds tied in chinese basements if you use a prostitute,.

Whenever women choose to better their life and have fun by prostitution, moralists like feminists claim she was forced into it and that shes a victim.

At any rate, people see you at least taking advantage of a person's lack of money to extract sex from them. Its literally the only job where you trade your flesh for immediate cash (like you trade your flesh waiting at tables, etc, sitting at a desk as a CEO), where the person is considered a victim of morally reprehensible individuals abuse her "need" for money to get laid.

So yeah, until you change people's ideas about sexuality AND prostitution, then its not gonna work.
>>
>>17002076
I don't think it's always selfish. It's impossible to really understand the pain and the capacity to deal with it that someone else has. Wanting someone to live on so you don't have to deal with the pain of their loss is selfish.
>>
>>17002076

Being someone that has battled suicidal thoughts and actions my whole life, I think it is safe to say you have nothing that worthy to die for.

Theoretically it is your life as said by >>17002089

However, in retrospect when you surround yourself around loved ones and people your own age and knowing that you'll have people around you your own age to confide in, even if you end up finding people older or younger works too.

I mean yeah, we're just kind of ants in a universe but feelings are just feelings, don't rely so heavily on sadness or hopeless existential thoughts because they're just thoughts. They can't hurt you, they don't need to run your life with the right help. You'd be surprised what volunteering, telling someone you are suicidal, going out to exercise and going outside frequently can elevate your mood and comfortableness with being alive.
>>
>>17002444
>Punching people is not harmful because it's the punched one that got hurt not you! Go punch people!
>>
>>17002984
That didn't make sense, try again pal
>>
>>17002076
Depends what reasons you suicide for.
If you sucide in order to save another person from death - then I don't think its selfish.

If you sucide because your parents didnt buy you a new iPhone, then yes it is selfish.

Answer is: Depends on what your suicide for.
>>
>>17002232
you had me thinking that not having children is basically suicide. you die without passing your genes on, killing them off. heh.
>>
>>17002076
>I mean if no one will really miss you then what is harm?
Part of the problem is that the people who think this are very, very nearly always incorrect, but too wrapped up in themselves to see the truth. This is not a useful thing to say to them, however, because every last one of them thinks they're the special exception.
>>
>>17002546
OP here. Once big part is I'm soooo sexually frustrated. I want to v have sex with a little girl soo much. I know I'm really bad with self restraint and it's only a matter of time till I have sex with a little girl or try.,
>>
>>17002103
Suicide is technically murder attempted suicide is attempted murder
Last I checked people get l8cked up for that
>>
>>17003110
>I know I'm really bad with self restraint
Then get better at it. It is possible. How long has this been going on anyway?
>>
>>17003239
It's been getting much worse for a year, but ever since I hit puberty I noticed I've been attracted to different things .
>>
>>17003256
I had the same problem OP. Then I committed suicide, I am a dead man now.
There are many forms of death, If you want to be dead you don't need to be physically dead. Just kill your soul, live your life while don't giving a fuck about anything. Beacuse hey, your thoughts are already dead and you'll die in several decades anyway. Also relatives, friends of yours won't be traumatized when you die of old age etc etc.
>>
>>17003268
What if you have molested a child?...
>>
>>17003274
Nah I wouldn't. I guess I've been misunderstood, I had same problem as "sexual frustration" not being attracted to little girls.
I sought a girl for approvement then I understand how pitiful was that.
Ofc It is not only that, I had dreams and then realized how unrealistic they are, so I give up on living. However, I act like I'm still living but my soul is dead, waiting patiently for my body to rot away slowly.
My advice to you is just don't give a fuck and know that you'll physically die anyway and probably earlier since you're a male (I assume?)
>>
>>17003289
I mean what do I do if I have molested a child??.
>>
>>17002192
No. This is so wrong I don't even know where to start. People don't just forget that someone died. Hell, a girl I knew in high school and barely talked to died, not even from suicide, last October and it still weighs on my mind a bit. Suicide weighs on your mind even more, because you are constantly thinking "How could I have prevented this?" Especially if you are the parent, sibling, close friend, etc. Your family spent 18 years assuming you're that old raising you. You've been a pretty prominent feature in their life for almost two decades. Do you know what it feels like to lose someone that has been a constant in your life for even just a few years, let alone two decades? Obviously not.

Suicide is the most fucked up selfish thing anyone can ever do. And that's coming from someone suicidal.
>>
>>17003298
Seek therapy, that is the most logical thing to do.
>>
>>17003301
Bit what if I've done something very bad? >>17003298
>>
>>17003301
Also recebtly my grandfather died, and I wasn't upset at all which was strange. My family upset but I didn't really care or feel anything. I was actually pretty pissed we had to go to the funeral, as I had schoolwork
>>
>>17003315
Get therapy and spend the rest of your life doing good deeds and donating to charity to ease your consciousness. If you think you are at risk of harming people again, turn yourself in. If you think it's feasible, make restitution.

As much as I hate saying it about someone who has done something like that, it benefits no one besides yourself to kill yourself.
>>
The entirety of our lives is selfish. We do nearly everything we do because it fulfills something in us even if it's something "selfless" like pushing someone out of a moving train or giving food to the poor.
>>
>>17003298
Well, did you do it in a bad way or did you try to do it so it was fun for them?
>>
>>17002076
Just don't do it. It's that easy.
>>
File: 1458508187991.jpg (720 KB, 1274x1418) Image search: [Google]
1458508187991.jpg
720 KB, 1274x1418
suicide isnt selfish OP, people want you to /believe/ it is.

no one wants to believe that life is so fucked up that you'd want to kill yourself

you attempting suicide ruins the image that is their life currently. dont listen OP, off yourself if you please. the only person youre here to serve is YOURSELF
>>
I don't care if it's selfish or not I don't care about my parents or other people I just want to do it but I want to know what is the least painful way to do it.
>>
>>17002076
Only if you have the Seal of Hatred. You must develop the Will of Fire to become selfless.
>>
>>17002076
Well if you're a NEET loser and your parents have atleast one other kid who isn't a failure then suicid isn't all that selfish.
>>
>>17004005

Your argument is silly. Life is never objectively bad. If you look at people that commit suicide, it's not demonstrably those who are worse off. The idea that normal people "don't want to believe life is so fucked up" is just some sort of edgy teenager crap. In truth, anyone can believe life is generally fucked up, or that their life is especially fucked up, or that someone else's life is especially fucked up, but never draw from that the conclusion that it would be the correct choice to commit suicide. People who draw the conclusion to commit suicide simply have lost all meaningful relationships with other people and lost the ability to justify their own thoughts and actions.
>>
File: 1458508575639.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458508575639.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>17004122
who are you to tell someone if THEIR life is objectively bad or not

thats the problem with tumblrinas and "mightier than thou" citizens who feel its their responsibility to sway people away from what THEY want
>>
>>17003985
Say you groped them?
>>
File: 1278310477919.jpg (60 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1278310477919.jpg
60 KB, 750x600
>>17004135
>>
>>17003985
Also I tickled her crotch but she giggles when I do it.
>>
File: 1458508513497.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458508513497.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>17004142
you know, its possible to add a response along side that reaction pic of yours, otherwise ill have no choice but to assume you've been BTFO, and as a result have nothing of value to say anymore
>>
>>17004005
That is like the definition of selfish. Doing something for only your own benefit that harms other people around you. It doesn't matter how bad your life is, it is objectively selfish to do something for your own benefit that harms others.
>>
>>17002076

i dont really think so, its your life, do what you want iwth it.

but i highly doubt you've given life much of a chance or tried to do what you actually want.

if i had to guess, you took very few risks, did what you were told to, and now dont feel like changing.

people dont really want to kill themselves, they just want life to change. they just dont realize they can change life.
>>
>>17002310
>but she's still a gold digger.

how is this theoretical woman a gold digger? wouldn't she be a gold digger if she stayed with someone just because they gave her things and paid to take her out? isn't someone who doesn't see those things as having real value in a relationships a little more mature?
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.