[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friends know I'm a pedophile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 80x147) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 80x147
Recently due to my negligence,a friend found out I'm a pedophile. A few of my friends know,and honestly I'm a little surprised about how they reacted. None of them really say anything except my one friend said "man you should really get help ". What should I make of this?
>>
That you should really get help.
>>
>>17001929
>"man you should really get help "
>>
they think youre disgusting
>>
>>17001929
Plz don't have sex with any kids
>>
>>17001929
Get help? Pedophilia is not only a crime, but no child is actually consenting. Just fucking go and get help before any of us call the cops.
>>
>>17001951
>no child is actually consenting
debatable, but that's besides the point because it is a crime.
>>
>>17001945
Why would you think that?
>>
>>17001961
How do you tell a friend they are a monster?

They can't say it out loud, but the real world isn't 4chan. There is very little debate about whether CP is right or wrong: it's always wrong for most of the planet. Anyone who disagrees is in an extreme minority.
>>
>>17001929
I think it's more common than you think.
I mean think about it. Pedophilia is such a shameful thing, yet we still find out people are pedophiles all the time; just imagine all the pedophiles who aren't public about it.
The friends who show little reaction are either pedophiles themselves, and or feel empathy for you because they understand it's something you can't control, and still like you as a person/friend.
The people who tell you to get help are right. You should talk to a mental health professional, it's not illegal to be a pedophile unless you act on it.
But you should stop telling people if you want to live comfortably in society. Even if you never decide to act on it, it just looks bad.
I understand though, you can 't control what you're attracted to. I don't think pedophiles are necessarily bad people, just the ones who act on it.
But from the sounds of it you are willing to tell people so that sounds like hope that you're willing to do better.
My advice would be to talk to a therapist or a psychologist.
>>
>>17001929
OP, the friend who just said you should really get help, is a good friend - defintely maintain his friendship.

The others, well in general its hard to know what to say to this - mass media tells you that you are supposed to condemn people like these to hell and wish that they have never been born - this is what a lot of people do.

I would advise just not to talk about it - because even just mentioning pedophilia to ANYONE people go into hysterics with condemnation.

I sometimes think that the hell other people make for pedophiles is much, MUCH worse than the hell that pedophiles (who act upon their interests) make for children.

If you are a pedo, no one will genuinely help you. If you go to a shrink, they have to by law report you if you even mention it, same with all qualified "help".

OP depending on how old you are, I would listen to a podcast called "Tarred and Feathered - this American Life".
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.