[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to remain calm and positive when visiting a relative diagnosed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Question-mark.png (35 KB, 749x946) Image search: [Google]
Question-mark.png
35 KB, 749x946
Basically, I don't want burst out crying (I can hardly grasp what her parents must feel). The worst part is that she's 7 years old and diagnosed with a brain tumor.
>>
>>17001648
Cry it all out first.

That is what i do.
>>
>>17001648
that's increasingly sad, but I suppose I would be strong for the kid who is probably terrified.
>>
If you cry and ball like a baby so what. It's probably better than going and not showing any emotion until later. Which is how some people deal with these kinds of things. Neither way is wrong though. Everyone grieves differently, but the point is everyone grieves.
>>
>>17001674
This. If you feel like you've got a cry coming on before hand, try doing it then and not at the hospital.
>>
Even if you cry in front of her, just be there and give support.

What she's going through is more terrifying than the worst thing you can think of, and at that age is not easy for her to understand.

Being alone with that suffering is probably the worst, and every time she's with somebody is for the best, even if it is to vent out and express the pain she feels.

She's the one feeling the pain, not you. Your mind and your body are still fine, so act upon that.
>>
>>17001674
>>17001684
>>17001685
>>17001707
>>17001717
Thanks for the advice
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.