[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you on /adv/ right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: 1456665456730.jpg (135 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456665456730.jpg
135 KB, 400x400
Why are you on /adv/ right now?
>>
>>17001640
Lots of devastating shit in my life involving cancer and helping people with problems that are small by comparison is soothing.
>>
To try to help others.

There's a lot of cool anons and a few trips nowadays but several years back when I first came here there were a lot more cynical people and trolls.
>>
too much of a fag to ask a girl out

now I'm all depressed and shit
>>
>>17001640

Because I am too lazy to do productive stuff with proper attention.

I used to be interested in the problems people had and what the solutions are to them, but it's literally all the same at this point.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 261x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 261x192
>>17001640
I'm a little bitch that won't stop catching feelings for girls who don't like me
>>
I got some good advice here the other day so I'm giving back a bit also posted in the letters they'll never read for some catharsis I guess.
>>
>>17001640
I like half helping/half trolling people. It's way more fun the being on /b/ and less boring then being on /diy/.
>>
I feel better reading about how women are cunts. It's like /r9k/ except the sexism isn't completely baseless.
>>
>>17001841
who hurt you anon?
>>
It's a nice distraction, since I take an interest in people and their stories anyway it's just engaging to read about what people are doing. Of course, a lot of it is nonsense, and people are young and crazy - still, it's a board that's somewhat civil and at least theoretically dedicated to helping people in need, which is a good thing. People have told me before to become a counselor because I feel passionate about others and am usually very good at communicating, so I guess this is where I live out some small part of that in a very ineffective manner.
>>
>>17001844
A cunt/woman.
>>
>>17001852

Does it really somehow make you feel better to generalize your experience?
>>
>>17001868
It makes me feel better to know that I'm not just generalizing bad experiences when most of the shit that gets posted here backs up the idea that there's something wrong with how most women act.
>>
am eating supper at the computer and figured I'd see if I could help anybody. I know you're not supposed to do other stuff while you eat but my attention span is so shit.
>>
File: image.png (256 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
image.png
256 KB, 500x376
Hello adv.

I'm here because I really had a shitty experience with people recently. They're all fucking rotten people. All people want to do is find flaws in someone and fling it into the light of society for all to mock.

Shit hit the fan recently and now my recent job's employees all started fucking with me. I couldn't handle it after three weeks and told my supervisors about the situation. Then told them I gave up the assignment there because to be real, the co-workers weren't going to stop.

Back at home I'm still dealing with invasive relatives that started the whole hell that I am currently going through. I literally did nothing and still have nightmares about how strong a weapon social media is.

So here I am with a beer in one hand and lost trust.
>>
>>17001640
Because I wish I'd had a place like this when I was growing up. This is how I reach back to people in situations like some of the ones I faced.
>>
>>17001879

That's wrong, though. People who only have positive experiences and are content don't come here to complain. It's as if you asked a cop who only deals with the worst kind of people day-by-day about their impressions.

For example: my girlfriend recently broke up with me, and I was - or still am - very angry at her. I think her behavior was less than optimal. Still, it's an emotional topic for me of which I only know one side. If I entered a diatribe about "women" and my misgivings, I'd paint a wrong picture.
>>
Because I suffer from panic disorder, generalized anxiety, and depression, and despite fighting with it for long it sometimes feels like you get nowhere. /adv/ is a good place to at the very least remind you that you're not alone in the struggle.
>>
>>17001640
I like giving people practical advice and also telling people with legit depression to get their heads out of their ass and get help from a professional.
>>
>>17001640
Because I had some serious concerns which I think are actually not so serious. Thanks /adv/. >>17001268
>>
>>17001916

This. Not to say that everyone here is a loser, but they are very much not representative of society for one reason or another.
>>
>>17001640
Because I've never been to this board before and I'm laying in bed depressed and need to be up for work in a couple hours. Thought maybe reading other people's problems might help somehow.
>>
To ask for advice and then not act on the suggestions I'm given.
>>
>>17001977

You and everyone else. Shit's kind of fucked up.
>>
File: internet (27).jpg (527 KB, 1455x1240) Image search: [Google]
internet (27).jpg
527 KB, 1455x1240
Because I'm not going to have sex before marriage so I lurk the opposite sex threads and make up hypotheticals, also just kind of browse the board in general and take note of things. Hoping to be the best husband and lover I can be.
>>
I'm a big fan of "slice of life" kind of discussions, so I come here and a few other boards on 4chan because it's more active than this board I've been on since 2000.

I used to enjoy /r9k/ for that purpose, but now it's a bigger gangbang of whining and MRAs than it ever was, so I just lost interest.

Ultimately, I've been on 4chan since '05, and I like that there's a lot of discussion that isn't muddied by knowing who is exactly who in most cases. I was a very depressed and anxious guy in college, that thought my life was done, but things have come together pretty well so I can actually come here and help, like some people did when I first started posting here.
>>
trying to figure out what the hell my problem with women is
>>
>>17001640
Cause I relate
>>
I'm transitioning in my life and I come here to relieve my boredom.
>>
File: Feminists.gif (181 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
Feminists.gif
181 KB, 320x286
I'm doing troll research, trying various methods to make people react and seeing what ideas strike a nerve more effectively than others.
>>
>>17001640
Advice is how I unwind. I also enjoy dropping truth bombs on people. So far today I've:
>gone to work
>hit my eating goals
>played rec softball with my team
>told my ex if she wants to chat about "us," I'll be hitting the pussy first before we talk
>did some chores
And now it's time to read about people who can't get up in the morning before bed time.
>>
I'd say equally to help others and to find answers for myself.
>>
>>17001740

What tired you more, V? The suicidal attention whores, the 'lovers', or something else rampant here?
>>
>>17001640
Usually I come here to help people but I just stopped in to see how everyone else has their shit falling apart and suddenly my life doesn't seem so bad by comparison.
>>
>>17001946
>4channers not normies
>tellmesomethingnew.jpg
>>
>>17001920
same here
hoping to find someone else going through the same thing that might have some pointers
it's been a bad couple weeks and I want it to end.
>>
Because I'm in a time of crisis and the advice I've gotten here has been genuinely helpful to both my outlook on life and my future.

And some of the posts are also fucking hilarious.
>>
>>17001640
Because reading half the nonsense on here makes me realize how good my life is. When I'm feeling down, I read some pedantic nonsense and feel better because I could be that guy. Not to be a cynic or anything.
>>
>parents insult me for being an alcoholic and for having a dirty home
>coming in an hour or so
>don't want to host them
>>
>>17001909
Geezer here. Me, too. I would have been so /adv/ in high school. Maybe I was lucky.
>>
>>17001640
Just finished Interstellar
>>
File: 1440757353329.jpg (28 KB, 321x252) Image search: [Google]
1440757353329.jpg
28 KB, 321x252
Front page, honestly.

Thought I'd scope through the catalog and fuck, what is this place.
>>
>>17001640
bored and try to half ass help people in my spare time
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.