[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with a dramatic narcissist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Guaranteed replies.gif (2 MB, 154x115) Image search: [Google]
Guaranteed replies.gif
2 MB, 154x115
Basically for reasons I won't get into here, I have to interact daily with someone who is a complete asshole and treats everyone around her like dogshit. She then puts on a front like she's always the one being mistreated. Every interaction with her is like she's putting on a performance for a panel of judges, waiting for them to award her technical points.

For example, she might say something along the lines of "Did you take X? It was sitting on my desk." Like she didn't just call me a thief to my face. When I say as much, she comes back with "That's not what I said. Why are you being so defensive?" etc. I usually just let shit like that go, because leaving is not an option and she seems to thrive on conflict. How do I deal with this asshole?
>>
>>16999422
Tell her you don't appreciate it when she talks to you like that, or treating your colleagues like this is inappropriate.
>>
>>16999436
If only it were that simple. When I say something like that, she always turns it around somehow and makes accusations that I'm being defensive, paranoid or some other pseudo-psychological nonsense, then walks away. She took psych 101 and thinks she can label everyone's behavior now.
>>
>>16999449
Then tell her she's a dumb bitch and nobody likes her and not to talk to you unless it is work related
Fuck yourself you stupid cunt
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with asking someone if they took something and is not the same thing as calling someone a thief, at all. You are absolutely being the one overly defensive and dramatic there.

Maybe she'd stop calling you paranoid if you'd stop flipping your shit over totally innocuous questions.
>>
>>16999487
Asking me if I entered her room and took her property is exactly the same as calling me a thief. This isn't the workplace, I have to live with this person for the time being.
>>
>>16999490
you could've just answered truthfully that you didn't take whatever is missing. Otherwise, you being defensive and abrasive will provide her with more drama to use against you.
>>
>>16999499
I initially did simply say no. You know what she said? "That sounds guilty to me."
>>
>>16999422
Sounds like a typical woman.
>>
>>16999490
No it isnt you delirious high strung cunt.

Even "did you take my stuff?" and "DID YOU TAKE MY STUFF?!?!" are two entirely different ways of questioning someone and the former does not imply any accusation whatsoever. Get the fuck over yourself.
>>
>>16999510
Are you retarded? Asking if I entered a room that is not my own and swiped something from her desk is an accusation of theft, plain and simple. Should a priest not be offended if I walk up to him and calmy ask "Do you fuck little boys in the ass?"
>>
>>16999510
Not OP, but of course the former can imply accucuations, you have to base it on the person's body language, overall additude, and tone of voice. They don't need to be yelling for it to an accusation.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.