[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here hate getting gifts? I'm not talking about being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: download (5).jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
7 KB, 225x225
Anyone here hate getting gifts?

I'm not talking about being disappointed or feeling bad because someone got you something you know they can't afford.

I'm talking about getting gifts in general. I always feel sad or guilty, like why would someone spend the money on me? I'm not important enough to drop 20 bucks on, I'm just some guy. Not like I cured polio or something.

Any advice? I've told people not to get me gifts but it hasn't had much effect. The most I get is "Of course you deserve gifts, it's your birthday/christmas/whatever" but I feel bad either way.
>>
>>16999181

no, I don't because I don't feel I'm a worthless piece of shit like you do

but I used to feel like that
>>
>>16999183
Stellar advice, thank you for contributing.
>>
>>16999187

since you're so fucking dense, instead of asking people not get you gifts, work on your self-esteem and get over your shitty insecurity, you bimbo bitch
>>
>>16999191
It's not even that big a deal to me. I'm fairly confident in other aspects of life, I just don't like getting gifts. If I were like a president or I saved a plane from crashing, sure, I'd be an important person.

But I'm just a regular guy and I don't like people spending money on me.

Do you have any actual advice, or do you just prefer acting like an edgy faggot?

Maybe /b/ is more your speed?
>>
>>16999208

just kill yourself, that way you'll no longer get gifts

yeah I know, it's horrible when other people hold you in high regard and want to show their affection by getting you a thoughtful gift, but if you're dead, it all goes away!
>>
>>16999230
Are you having a bad day? Who hurt you to make you so angry? Do you need to talk?
>>
>>16999181

people just show affection this way anon
> it's no big deal
You don't have to actually "do" someting to be appreciated.

Just be thankful for it and grow up.

If you really want to do something about it, return the favor by getting the people you like presents on the right occasions.
They will appreciate the gesture and you will then not feel like you owe them anything
>>
I'm always disappointed because nobody puts in any thought or effort into my gifts.
>>
>>16999287
Yeah, I love giving people presents.

I wonder if it's just the attention I don't like? I do have depression, I guess it could be a manifestation of that.

>>16999291
There's that, too, but at least then I feel a logic behind not being happy with my gift.
>>
>>16999291
Are you OP?

If not, don't be bitter. If someone offers you something, he's not compelled to do so. If the gift is really thoughtful, it's really nice, if it's not... well whatever, grow a thicker skin / grow up / don't be the little bitch that shows disapointment in a gift!
>>
>>16999301

Consider the following:
> you like giving presents to people, because you appreciate them (?)
> but you don't like to be on the receiving end
> and you have depression (?)

Shit mate.

You don't like yourself and then can't imagine someone can like you?
You hate people? Maybe for liking your present self?
Either way, just learn to like the little things in life or you'll end up as an emo cave-neckbeard hating on anything.

It's not that hard, stop being petty and minding everything and you'll be fine
>>
>>16999181

Just be unlikable, that way you'll get no more gifts.

People give gifts to people they like (or want to be liked from). So yeah just work on your self esteem
>>
>>16999181
Life is a gift.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.