[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend of six and a half years just ended it. Please tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Girlfriend of six and a half years just ended it.

Please tell me how to survive this...
>>
>>16999066
Reconnect with family and friends

Drink/party with those friends

Meet and have sex with new people

It's literally the only way. It takes time. Chin up bro, youll make it
>>
why did she end it..
>>
>>16999078
She and I are apart, on other sides of the world. She felt as though we were holding each other back as she wants to travel and i want a career in film.

I understand where she is coming from, but in my eyes, the idea of travelling with her was equally as appealing as any career opportunity.

I want to think she knew this...
>>
Use tinder, okcupid, bar visits etc. to get over it.

I was in the same boat as you 8 months ago and getting laid a few weeks after getting dumped really helped me get over it.
>>
Damn, anon I'm sorry. That must really hurt.
Give yourself some time to get over this;
>>16999076 and >>16999166 are giving you great suggestions to get your mind off of things.
>>
File: 11111111.png (34 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
11111111.png
34 KB, 630x630
>>16999076

Pretty much this, I was in a relationship for 4 years, moved from New York City ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way to California to live with her and her family, and she ended up cheating on me because I worked too much to support us out there Hahaha the irony is great isn't it?

>>16999066

Party with friends, spend time with family, stay away from computers/phones, and enjoy life my friend, it's the only way.
>>
Oh I thought you meant she killed herself at first and I was like "wow these responses are inappropriate"

From the sound of it, it's over. Permanently. She may have been lying about the reason; people do that to keep from hurting people they care about. It's time to accept that it's over. Read some about acceptance.

Go for a rebound or three, they help. The new relationship likely wont last, and that's ok. It should help. Focus on self improvement.
>>
>>16999078
Gee I don't know maybe the fact they dated for 6 fucking years???

LoL
>>
>>16999627
>because I worked too much
No. Because you neglected her is the real reason. Learn balance in life and you won't have this issue.
I left my ex for similar reasons and my current husband to be is a better example of an ambitious, hard working person but also will come home and give me the love I need. I do the same for him, it's natural. Then again,when you are with the right person, things are different.
>>
>>16999656
This. She got tired of waiting for you to propose. You're wasting her life and her youth.
>>
>>16999634
Anon I laughed at the first part of your post

>>16999678
Agree on the neglect thing. It's entirely right.
>>
File: 332.jpg (49 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
332.jpg
49 KB, 400x266
>>16999678

We spent a lot of time together, she told me it wasn't a neglect thing, it was more of the fact that she felt like I was supporting us both (I was) and she disliked that, but she had problems finding work and was REALLY picky with jobs, her father had offered her a job at his work answering phones and pretty much being a secretary, it paid really well, but she didn't want a fucking "phone job" so she turned it down, meanwhile I was working nearly every day at an IT job with a really shitty team of people, my daily life was...

>Wake up
>Go to work
>Come home
>Have dinner together
>Go out together with friends
>Come home and watch TV
>Sex
>Sleep

Was my life for a large portion of the relationship until she told me that it wasn't fair I was making the money and she wasn't doing anything with her life, I told her that she had a MILLION fucking opportunities to get a job and she didn't take any of them, I told her I was okay with her just staying home and doing her own thing, and that's when all fucking hell broke loose, she told me I was a woman-hater, she went all feminist crazy on me and I ended up just going back to New York

TLDR;

>Jealous I was making all the money
>Hated that I had a high paying job
>Hated that she couldn't find work
>Even though it was her own fault
>Told me I was oppressing her by working a nice job
>Wut
>Told her to find a job she likes no matter what kind of money it is
>Then told me I was a woman-hater
>We broke up
>Moved back to New York City
>Have apartment in Manhattan
>Party every weekend
>Laid regularly
>Fuck bitches get money
>>
>>16999697
I did propose and she said yes but i felt that was a negligible fact what with it all being over.
>>
>>16999066

Friends family and beers.

When my last GF split with me I went to stay with my dad and his dog for a week. It helped.
>>
>>16999800
She was bored out of her mind that's why. She sat around all day doing fucking nothing and just thinking way too hard about shit. She probably had considerably more energy than you because you were working and probably tired of people's shit and didn't feel like doing much when ya got home.

My exGF told me all the same shit she told you. She didn't work for 4 years while I supported both of us and she didn't even train in any skills. She eventually got bored of doing nothing and blamed it all on me. Said she needed to learn to support her self and all that shit.

What this really mean is she was bored all day and wanted to do shit and I wasn't home. So the first guy she met (who was twice her age) she slept with him and moved in with him and proceeded to do the same thing she did with me aka jack shit. After not finding a job she ended up leaving him and living off of money that was given to her. Yeah and a half later she still doesn't have a job and is still bored out of her mind.

An idle mind is a dangerous thing. If your ex worked as well she would have enjoyed the time she was with you more.
>>
>>16999066

You and I are in the same boat OP, gf of 7 years left me on my birthday.
>>
>>17000031
>gf of 7 years left me on my birthday.

what a selfish bitch. Of all the days in the fucking year.
>>
File: 1459037242430.jpg (116 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
1459037242430.jpg
116 KB, 600x597
>>16999989
>>
>>17000031
Shit bro.

Got any advice for getting over / moving on from it?
>>
>>16999066
redirect your focus onto something productive and/or profitable. work out as hard and as often as possible. get high as shit and play video games for hours on end. spend time with friends and/or family. learn new skills. fuck other girls. thats all ive got. good luck, op. you are not alone in this struggle.
>>
File: 511.jpg (13 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
511.jpg
13 KB, 600x400
>>17000024

>An idle mind is a dangerous thing

Yeah I guess I never thought of that...but what other choice did I have? It was either I busted my ass working or we struggled, California isn't an easy place to live, I had an easier time making it in New York City than I did in California, it was a pain in the ass finding work, speaking Spanish is pretty much a must, it was awful...

Maybe I should of cut back work...sure we would of struggled a bit, but at least we would of still been together...
>>
>>16999066
It might be terrible but a rebound relationship does fucking wonders. Even if it's just casual sex or one night stand.

It puts your mind of your ex and you get sex. The start of a new relationship is always the best part anyways.

Friends and family help but another warm body to lay with is what will finally be the thing that helps you get over it.

Then after that you should be good to be alone for awhile. Bettering yourself, whatever you need to do. But get that pussssss to break the self loathing cycle going on now.
>>
>>17000092
The thing to do was for the bitch to get a job. It's not your fault you had to make enough money for two people while she got bored doing jackshit at home. You two were in completely different mindsets when you got home. She was probably all hyper and wanting to go out while you were tired from work. If she worked too she would have been on your same level,

If she didn't want to get a job then it's good shes gone. Don't get suckered into another relationship where the girl does nothing again. That should could fly in the 50s because couples had kids young and she was busy with the kids but not today.
>>
>>17000092
>>17000139
I want to add if you cut your work and were struggling what would you have been able to do when you did get home? You need money to go out on dates. If she worked you could have cut back work AND still go out.

Even if you cut back to regular work hours or temp she would still be at home most of the time by herself thinking of all the things she could be doing with her life. Eventually those thoughts to to ones that don't involve you.

It's just not good for someone to browse tumblr for 12 hours a day.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.