[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going Red when talking to multiple people or a group
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: RM137-00415.jpg (41 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
RM137-00415.jpg
41 KB, 1024x576
Growing up I didn't really fit in. I got in with the gamer crowd kind of people, was that creepy weird silent kid you hear about who shoots up the school on the news.

I was the same through college. I was a little bitch. However now, I am almost 21, and I have changed a lot. My job forced me to kind of evolve, and I've become a lot better with people. But I still go red in the face when I address groups of people. Today it happened, but I wasn't nervous or anxious at all really, it just happens. I can't stop it. This girl pointed it out in front of everyone, and made fun of me for it which kind of made it a bit worse.

I just want to know if there is any way I can stop it?
>>
I still do it too. Bumping for interest.
>>
I was the same. I still get like that at times.
I taught for 2 years. I have done numerous NUMEROUS presentations for my previous work. Still, some times I get red, some times I'm confident.
My advice: just keep at it.
Put yourself out there. In uncomfortable position to talk to people in that way. Eventually, with practice, you will get better.
BUT. Until then. Breath deep. Keep your chin up. Smile. Keep your arms out. Those things WILL in fact help your brain to think that you are good. Trick your mind.
>>
>>16998813
It's ok anon, most people will politely ignore it. If someone comments on it tell them you know but can't help it, they say something to try and make you more comfy.

I have no problems with speaking in public, but that doesn't mean I secretly laugh at people who get nervous about it. As that would actually concern the majority of people.
>>
>>16998813
>I just want to know if there is any way I can stop it?
Like >>16999000 said (checked), start with tons and tons of practice. Do it as frequently as possible and eventually your body will basically become accustomed to it and stop making the effort to respond in this way.

Know that you will need to keep this up as long as you want to be able to do this, since your body will forget if you, for example, go years without talking to a single person (like in my case, debated competitively back in high school, now slowly and painfully re-learning how to speak at all, much less publicly).

>This girl pointed it out in front of everyone, and made fun of me for it which kind of made it a bit worse.
She's the one with the bigger problem here, remember that.
>>
It's social phobia/anxiety. I went to hypnotherapy for this (it happens/happened to me in different kinds of situations, not just talking to a group - and sometimes it doesn't happen when talking to a group). I went three times and I think it helped me.better understand the mechanism of my fear (I was ridiculed in school because of it and then it just sort of stuck on, I think I get why now). I've seen some change for the better in social situations, although it was never severe for me to begin with. Still, since it bothered me, I felt therapy was necessary. So go to therapy, doesn't need to be hypno (I chose it because it was the cheapest therapy available and the therapist was experienced and had a degree in neuropsychology and shit).
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.