[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I've been having these (recurring) nightmares
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 123456789.jpg (52 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
123456789.jpg
52 KB, 480x360
Hey /adv/

I've been having these (recurring) nightmares for a while now, about 7 months. They're generally about my ex-girlfriend and us getting back together. They are a very nice illusion while dreaming but I feel drained as soon as I wake up, which is why I prefer to call them nightmares.

But lately, I've also been having nightmares about other things such as my grandfather dying or my sister's relationship ending, or dying in general.

Do you know of anything that could lessen or cease the nightmares, without consulting a psychiatrist? I'm quite hestitant to go there. It's also worth noting that I've been doing a lot of drugs, mostly psychedelic, for the last few months and I am aware that they make nightmares more frequent. I try to lessen my intake.
>>
5-HTP
>>
>>16998677
>Do you know of anything that could lessen or cease the nightmares

Yes, change your life entirely.
Like changing everything.
Leaving the country, leaving everyone you knew.
>>
>>16998682
I have a study to complete in my country. It is however mandatory for everyone following the course to go abroad for two periods of 6 months to do internships and studies.

I was thinking to go to South Africa around this time, but only for two weeks. I don't think a holiday will fix this.
>>
>>16998695
>holiday

I'm not suggesting a holiday.
I'm asking you to change it completely.
Just abandon your life, go into a forest and live like a caveman
>>
>>16998720
Wouldn't want that permanently
>>
Nightmarish bump
>>
Leaving the country and everyone you know/love isn't going to fix anything, what the hell?!

You're having these nightmares, sorry. Maybe stop the drugs COMPLETELY. Try meditating. Really meditating. To clear your head. To give yourself a break.
Read a book. Really. Read a book. The ideas/thoughts from reading the book, whatever you imagine while you read, those pictures in your head, they can help to push out your own nightmare images and push in those images from the book.

Try that first.
If not, I don't know, maybe if it gets too bad, face it front on.

Make your dreams lucid. Do all the lucid dreaming techniques (keeping dream diary, waking at intervals, etc) until you can CONTROL the dream. Then stop things, avoid things, do things differently until you can mold it into something good.
>>
>>16999098
These are actually really helpful ideas. I wouldn't want to give up LSD and mushrooms completely, as I feel they have therapeutic value to my mental health, but I could try going lucid and meditating.

I know some people who already meditate and tools for lucid dreaming are easy to come by in the Netherlands as we have a pretty relaxed drug law and smart shops sell a lot of legal medicine such as tea that helps you dream.
>>
>>16999098
I would hate to write down all the nightmares I've had as I wake up, I'd like to forget them ASAP by the way. Also, it makes them more 'real' in my mind.
>>
No doubt you wouldn't want to write down the nightmares and feel like you relive it. No doubt...
And not remembering it all doesn't "seem" practical to the idea...
BUT, it's those glimpses that you write down. And writing it down, though you will remember it more as you write, it will give you power over the thought/dreams, as opposed to the thoughts/dreams having power over YOU!
>>
>>16999149
Can you post some steps-by-steps I MUST undertake to practice lucid dreaming, and preferably with some extra tools I could use to enhance the learning? I'm a pretty resourceful guy, so I could probably get my hands on some herbs/drugs.

Would be really helpful
>>
Lucid dreaming could indeed be an answer to your problem, but I don't think there are obligatory steps to be taken while practising it, as it can vary per person which techniques are effective.

You should look into lucid dreaming techniques and see if those work out for you, but don't be surprised if it takes a long time to notice any results. Especially since those nightmares have been lasting quite long, why haven't you tried it before?
>>
>>17000211
I haven't thought about that I can control nightmares, it just didn't occur to me.
>>
And do you think that you really can't stop using drugs? I think that will help a lot, so you could also focus on that.
>>
>>17000274
I need that escape from reality every once in a while to remind me of the things that are worth fighting for and to remember my mortality. I would go insane without a monthly trip I think.
>>
>>16999119
LSD and shrooms are the REASON you are having fucked up dreams. the only one thought they had therapeutic value was the late timothy leary "the father of lsd"
LSD and shrooms has no value other than its a hallucinigen and primerally the reason you cant sleep properly because you are dreaming during the day. time to cut them off.
the trick to getting a good nights sleep is: have a cut off time Eg: im going to bed at 8pm and stick to it. your body clock will reset and you will find yourself getting tired when it gets close.
if you want a safer? drug try weed. you may get the munchies but will be the best sleep you have had in a long time...
>>
That sounds tough, I don't have a lot of experience with drugs, so I wouldn't know. But it sounds like you have some underlying issues, so maybe focus on those too, that could also affect your dreams in a good way. And you know, couldn't you try a psychiatrist to see if it really wouldn't help?
>>
lucky

I never dream
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.